ABBA Pure Moisture

3.0

Botanical Infusion of: [Water (Aqua) (Eau), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Quercus Alba Bark Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Rosa Canina Leaf Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Geranium Maculatum Extract], Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Behentrimonium, Methosulfate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dimethiconol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Mentha Arvensis Oil (*Wild Mint), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (1000 mw), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (2000 mw), Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Lupin Amino Acids (150 mw), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Methylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum). *Source

on 3/1/2009 7:41:00 PM

As much as a liked the counter-part shampoo, I dislike this conditioner. It smells strongly of Big Red during use and leaves my hair feeling greasy and looking frizzy. I definitely wouldn't buy the product again.

on 11/18/2008 1:18:00 AM

nothing special, but a good conditioner. beautiful rose scent and mint tingle. don't love it as much as color protect (ABBA) but i recommend it. better for normal hair than bleached, abused hair like mine. personally i would not rebuy but it is a good organic product at a relatively low price

on 10/5/2008 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this product like most people love their friends and family. If the house was on fire, I would be torn between either saving this or cash.
I have thin, curly, shoulder-length hair that is somewhere between normal and dry, and the ends especially get split and dead like crazy. Though this conditioner didn't prevent breakage, it completely transformed the look and health of my hair. I've used moisturizing products in the past, and with each wash I felt like I was getting either a hit or miss. With ABBA, I have consistently good hair days and don't have to worry about using a ton of extra moisturizing and clarifying treatments. After using this for months, my hair is softer, shinier, and my curls are more defined.
It should be noted that I use this in conjunction with ABBA's Pure Basic shampoo, versus Pure Moisture because I didn't want my hair to get weighed down. I think the combo is really great with this conditioner and recommend it for curly/wavy hair that not only needs moisture but loses its bounce if it gets too hydrated.
In terms of the actual product, it's a very thick conditioner that has a really great minty scent to it. Maybe it's because I have the liter size, but I tend to apply a very liberal amount on the bottom half of my hair, leave it on for a minute or--if I'm feeling particularly patient--two, then rinse it off. And that's it. No blow drying. No diffusing. No extra products. I just sleep on my hair while it's still a little damp and wake up to bouncy, moisturized curls.
If you're wary of the salon price, near the holidays Ulta offers the full liter sizes at the same price as the regular size, which is a fantastic deal because the giant containers will last forever.
It's actually kinda funny, but like the reviewer below me I also used Joico Moisture Recovery. The 1/4-full bottles are sitting in my bathroom unused to this day (well, that's not true--sometimes I wash my makeup brushes with the shampoo) because I think ABBA's products are superior and work much better on my hair. Joico was one of the "hit or miss" brands I mentioned earlier. The Moisture Recovery really didn't help hydrate my hair and caused build-up, although my hair looked great on some days.
The only thing I don't like about ABBA is that it claims to be so "natural" and "pure," but you can see the sodium laureth sulfate and parabens right there on the ingredients list.

on 6/17/2008 7:37:00 PM

A great conditioner. It's thick, moisturizing, and doesn't seem to weigh my thick, straight hair down. The smell is earthy/herby, but dries to a decent gentle scent. It's fairly inexpensive on sale too... I purchased a litre for under $20 and a little goes a long way. EDIT: After longer use, I got really sick of the smell. I also used my old faithful Joico Moisture Recovery when I forgot this stuff and the difference was incredible. I didn't realize how frizzy and toasted my hair was getting. Not the most gentle!