Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Brown

4.3

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for root touch up only. I did not use on hair that had already been colored. Overall this was was a good product - covered resistant gray roots, blended well with hair that has already been colored since I did not want to cover my highlights. I think it was a bit darker than the color shown on the model on the box. This is ammonia free so did not have the smell usually associated with hair color. I will purchase this again when I need all over root touch up, as the regular "root touch up kits" do not have enough dye do a total job for me.

I love this haircolor. Not only is it reasonable (I get it at Target for $2.99 a box), the color itself is gorgeous and comes out a really nice, deep dark brown. Will continue to purchase this hair color.

This is good dye. I was afraid to dye my hair at home. Too many horror stories and I've been going to an upscale.salon for awhile. However, with the grays growing in like mad and the cost going too high I had to do them myself or go gray. So, I had to force myself to try. It.came out just fine. It was darker.than expected but I know.after.a.few.shampoos it will be a.nice.rich brown. I would heartily recommend.this.brand.of dye. Yes it is very messy to dye your own hair but I took all the hints from the other reviewers and really protected my bathroom with towels, saturated my.face, neck and hairline.with Vaseline to block the dye from staining my face and.neck. It doesn't run too much once.it's on your head. I liked this stuff and would definitely buy again. Go revlon!

I LOVE this! My hair looks incredibly shiny and is an amazing shade of dark brown. This is my holy grail hair color. I've used other shades in this line as well and have liked them but this shade is my absolute favorite! My only gripe is that I wish they gave you more of the amazing conditioner.

My hair was ombre with dark brown on top and dark blonde on the bottom, however I had quite a few grays coming in. I wanted to even out the hair color so I opted for a deep rich shiny dark brown which is what I hoped this would be. No such luck, I ended up with dull flat black hair with ends that had a greenish tint... My grays weren't colored and I had to wait a few washes to see any brown. I didn't mind the ends because after all they were ombre but I can't forgive the no gray coverage, the dullness and not to mention dryness. Probably worst hair dye I've ever used and I've had my hair every color you can think of.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Amazing deep dark brown haircolor! I went from a medium brown to this dark brown haircolor. I wanted the deepest, darkest brown without going black and this is it. This dark brown looks black right after you have colored it but after it's been washed once or twice the color is very rich. There are no red tones and the color isn't flat. By far the best over Loreal and Garnier.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I thought it sucked (too cool, flat) but then after another wash, I realized it rocked. Other people agreed with the latter sentiment. All the 5 star reviews are true. The end.

I dyed my hair yesterday and just get a jet black hair, and its not dark brown. I think it really depends on your hair color. but have to say my hair look shiner then before and this may due to the conditioner they provided. I hoped that the color will fade soon.

Total rubbish. I was sucked into trying this due to the great reviews and the price but it left my scalp very sore and my hair like straw. Days after using it (I followed the instructions to a tee) the colour (dark brown mixed with golden brown) still looked unremarkable and totally flat with any shine taken out of my formerly extremely shiny hair. It took me weeks to whip my hair back into shape with intensive conditioning, rosemary rinses and keratin spray plus my weekly Aphogee treatment. Don't use this if your hair is fine. And if you have resistant greys don't bother either. Mine were showing again after just a week. The overall colour, however boring, only faded a little though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It's only like $2.30 and it does a good job at coloring for what it is. The conditioner is the bomb as well! It leaves my hair super soft. I wish I could buy bottles of it