Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Brown

4.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Amazing deep dark brown haircolor! I went from a medium brown to this dark brown haircolor. I wanted the deepest, darkest brown without going black and this is it. This dark brown looks black right after you have colored it but after it's been washed once or twice the color is very rich. There are no red tones and the color isn't flat. By far the best over Loreal and Garnier.

on 12/6/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I thought it sucked (too cool, flat) but then after another wash, I realized it rocked. Other people agreed with the latter sentiment. All the 5 star reviews are true. The end.

on 12/2/2013 1:11:00 AM

I dyed my hair yesterday and just get a jet black hair, and its not dark brown. I think it really depends on your hair color. but have to say my hair look shiner then before and this may due to the conditioner they provided. I hoped that the color will fade soon.

Total rubbish. I was sucked into trying this due to the great reviews and the price but it left my scalp very sore and my hair like straw. Days after using it (I followed the instructions to a tee) the colour (dark brown mixed with golden brown) still looked unremarkable and totally flat with any shine taken out of my formerly extremely shiny hair. It took me weeks to whip my hair back into shape with intensive conditioning, rosemary rinses and keratin spray plus my weekly Aphogee treatment. Don't use this if your hair is fine. And if you have resistant greys don't bother either. Mine were showing again after just a week. The overall colour, however boring, only faded a little though.

on 10/11/2013 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It's only like $2.30 and it does a good job at coloring for what it is. The conditioner is the bomb as well! It leaves my hair super soft. I wish I could buy bottles of it

I typically use feria red dyes... Wanted to change it up a bit and go chocolate brown.. A few weeks ago i used feria "espresso" which sucked and barely covered the red dye. Today i used revlon dark brown and my hair is now BLACK.... But the first 3 inches of my hair still has red tones. I am very disappointed.. I wanted BROWN hair :(... I have died my hair black on purpose years ago and I know this is black.. NOT "dark brown"!!

on 9/21/2013 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. Especially if anything goes wrong with any other color dye or brand this always has my back and fix my haircolor. Revlon dark brown is one of the best colors at first looks black but then fades away and the hair will be a brown natural looking.

on 9/14/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I applaud those that reviewed this product giving 4-5 lippies. I used Revlon Colorsilk prior to letting my hair grow out to its natural silver, platinum. Revlon was the least damaging and most natural looking of all the drug store hair colors for me. The trick is getting the correct color. Good product for touching up roots and pulling through the ends in the final minutes before rinsing.

on 9/13/2013 9:27:00 PM

With 45 staring me down and me tired of shelling out close to $200 every 6 weeks for a cut and color at my salon, I decided to bite the bullet and try this color at home. I should mention I've been using, off and on, Natural Instincts but found it not cover my gray hair at all.

Used the Colorsilks Dark Brown #30. My hair is naturally very dark brown so this looked closest to my normal shade. Super easy to apply, has little smell, and in 25 minutes my hair looks great. It is a tad closer to soft black, but I expected it to be based on prior reviews. I assume it will fade out in the next week. My hair is super soft thanks to the conditioner, and the best part is the color is not one flat-matte-shade. I actually have tones and subtle highlights (dark red) throughout. I love it. No itchy scalp, minimal dripping during application, and my hair feels good after I dried it.

If it lasts me 4-6 weeks I'll definitely repurchase. Can't beat it for the price - under $5 at Walgreens.

(I know everybody critiques the packaging, but I still give it 5 stars for just putting out a good product - I don't need the bells and whistles of packaging)

on 7/23/2013 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have had brown hair for about 4 weeks now. I have had blonde/red and light brown prior to using this haircolor. The base was a level 6 brown when I applied this but a persistent and nagging problem was the red undertone and nothing covered it up - L'Oreal, Revlon Prof. Well, Feria, Alfaparf, hello?? .. it was silly. I picked this up on a whim. In the past, I have used the 72 (strawberry blonde) which was fantastic at the time. But time and life has made me move on to my darker side.

Color: Perfect dark brown with no undertones of either gold or red. Not flat, just dark shiny hair
Texture: Perfect shiny hair especially for damaged hair. My hair is damaged beyond belief, but this gave me magnificent shine and volume.

ok, so we all know the box is crappy. the gloves are measly and the conditioner is great. But what I had forgotten was that consistency of color and texture of my hair after I used this was even better than my salon visits and about $ 200 less!

I think that speaks for itself .. while I do not recommend some of the blonde colors in this line, the Reds are stunning and the browns are also.

Excellent buy and highly recomended.