Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

This is a good mascara. I love everything about the brush (bristles and shape) but it is slightly big (harder to get the lower lashes). This mascara does make the lashes long and full - no complaints. I don't find it clumpy at all. The only thing I would change is to make the brush slightly smaller and the wand a bit longer. Aside from that, top 5 drugstore mascaras and one of Maybelline's best. It really does work.

on 6/7/2015 9:59:00 AM

My favourite mascara! (so far)
I've tried a few of these mascaras and I personally believe that everyones lashes are different so its like you have to find your perfect one.

However I don't like the brush anymore. The other day, I put the brush from the mega plush mascara (the turquoise-green coloured one) into this mascara and Its made a huge difference. Really nice brush for getting right in the corners and it just creates way more volume.

All Maybeline mascaras are good tho! Always my trusty go to :)

on 6/6/2015 10:32:00 PM

Unfortuately, I had an allergic reaction to this product. When I tried this product one day at home, it caused intense itchiness a couple hours after application. I felt tiny bumps near my eyes, and suddenly I felt my eyelid was more swelled than before. I looked in the mirror, and saw that my eyes were extremely swelled and red. I washed it off, but the swelling stayed... I'm writing this as my eye is literally half-swelled up. I don't know what ingredient in this product I'm allergic to, but I definitely cannot use this ever again.

*UPDATE: the ingredient that caused contact dermatitis is Phenoxyethanol, used as preservative in many cosmetics. see EWG.org's Skin Deep database for more info.*

This formula is on the dry side, so perfect for shorter lashes and even longer lashes too. It holds a curl, and is a perfect mix of volumizing and lengthening. The brush is a fibre brush and perfect for the volume and also helps to seperate lashes as well. If you don't have sensitive eyes, this is an amazing mascara. If you do... Please be careful. This reaction is quite rare from what I know of so far, so just please exercise caution when trying this product out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've repurchased this mascara several times. It makes my lashes look much longer and thicker, but it's not clumpy. It's pretty cheap. This is near perfect. I have a gut feeling I could find something better, I just haven't found it yet.

on 6/5/2015 12:18:00 AM

At first I preferred pumped up better, until it completely dried out within a week. Now this is my everyday, go to mascara. It's my favorite. It gives me volume, length, and coats my lashes great. I love the dry formula, by dry I mean on lashes after drying. I was losing lashes from the rocket mascara due to its sticky tar like formula on my lashes. So I'm so greatful to have found this one. I love the big brush. That's one of the best brushes I've used. Bigger brushes coat lashes so much better. The only con is that it doesn't hold a curl and it's really difficult to remove, but that's better than smearing. I hope they don't take this off the market.

on 6/4/2015 6:12:00 AM

I've been using this mascara for years, and I always go back to this one (the waterproof one).

ROS:
It adds volume and length to my stubborn thin Asian eyelashes. It also holds the curl of my eyelashes quite well (I just have to make sure that I have coated the tip of my eyelashes, or else it doesn't hold the curl as well). I apply 2 coats of the mascara, and then apply a 3rd coat only on the tips of my eyelashes. It doesn't make my eyelashes look spidery and clumpy at all. I also make sure that before I apply mascara, the brush that has the mascara product looks good, and doesn't look clumpy. Also, once there is no more product on the brush, then I would just use it to untangle my eyelashes (some of them are naturally criss cross). I also use the tip of a tweezer to help untangle them too.

CONS:
Sometimes the brush clumps, so I would just wipe the brush with a tissue paper. I also noticed that sometimes the mascara would smudge just a tiny bit throughout the day. Not too much of a big deal for me. Also sometimes if I'm washing something and if a small splash of water gets onto my face (for example, someone flicking water at me), the mascara smudges a bit onto my lower lash line. Not too much of a deal also, I'd just use a Q-tip and wipe it off.

Overall, I'd repurchase this again. Holds my eyelashes well, gives it amazing volume and length, unclumpy, and also helps untangles them.

on 6/2/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This will be forever my favorite mascara of all times! I've tried hundreds no joke but somehow I always go back to this! it's amazing! Definitely recommend it!

on 6/2/2015 7:27:00 AM

I love this mascara ! I have had it in every variation and still struggle to find a fault in the product. I have short thin eye lashes, yet find this gives me A LOT of length and volume. I have re bought this mascara time and time again. I find it perfect on it own, or layered up to add to dramatic eyes. The only fault i can find is that i tend to notice it dries up pretty quick, this may be a packaging flaw.

on 6/1/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Just meh
. I like maybelline but im not really seeing much volume with this one
i also got the glam black and it looks like regular black to me

on 5/26/2015 8:43:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have ever used.
I have tried so many, by many different brands. Maybelline has always been known for good mascara but this one is the best, in my opinion.

For me it lasts all day. It really does what it says it does. It lengthens and it pops. I get the non- waterproof one and it washes off easy. Which is a plus for me, I seem to have problems with other mascaras being too hard to remove. The waterproof version of this one is very tough. If you like waterproof, this one sticks very strong.

I try all the expensive brands, Smashbox, MAC etc but none of them work for me like this one does and it is inexpensive!. My lashes are already super long and thick but this stuff makes them touch my eyebrows! People accuse me of wearing falsies (Which I never do)
It's great stuff and I will continue using this religiously.