Ben Nye Contour No 1

4.8

on 11/7/2010 3:50:00 AM

OMG.. If anyone is looking for a great contour color, this will be it! i swear it because its a perfect color to contour your face with no hint of that orangy color in it. I totally recommend this product!!! You will not be disasppointed.

on 11/7/2010 1:27:00 AM

I've been using this for quite a while now and find it hard to believe that I have yet to review it. Before trying this out, I relied upon bronzing powders for contour-I shudder to think of the orangey unnatural-looking streaks they left on me. Luckily a product search here lead me to try Ben Nye, which I'm quite pleased with. I agree that it creates a believable shadow. If I'm not careful with application, this can make my cheeks look like they're smudged with dirt, something I attribute to my lack of a decent brush to apply. I typically offset this by rubbing my crappy brush into the pot of #1 and then rubbing the brush into my wrist before applying to my cheek hollows. Both the technique and the product itself work for me and I will continue to purchase.

on 10/24/2010 12:49:00 AM

I have been searching for a good contouring product and finally I got it. Amazing! I really would buy this again. Finally a shade without any reddish, orange or pink undertones!

on 5/30/2010 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Finally! A contouring powder that doesn't make me look dead or over-bronzed! Why I love this product: it looks natural, its easy to blend in, and it's dirt cheap. I use this to contour my unnaturally large cheeks(I blame on baby fat) and after i'm done it looks like i've lost 5 pounds in my face. No joke. love it love it love it

on 3/5/2010 7:31:00 PM

This looks so natural on my NC25 skin. The color looks like a natural shadow and not like a bronzer. Buildable, blendable and beautiful.

on 7/27/2009 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Initially I got this in #2 but found it too dark for contouring (for e/s, its great) for my NC 30-35. I re-ordered & #1 and it works great. I think its $6 or $8 (can't remember), it is not cakey nor powdery, although its a matte flat smoky brown, it doesn't leave you looking dead. I have only recently played with contours & its amazing. What even more amazing is those fancy-schmancy cosmetics in dept. store can charge us suckas for 10 times the money for it.

on 7/5/2009 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely perfect contour shade. Perfect texture, high pigmentation, easy to blend, doesn't break me out. Perfect.

on 4/13/2009 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is fantastic for contouring as it doesn't have any kind of red or bronze undertones. It's basically a shade of brown/grey upon application, which is great to create a natural shadow on the face. For reference, I am an NC-25. For darker skin-tones, if this doesn't work, perhaps try No 2.
[ PROS ] - perfect color for contouring; easy application; long-lasting as it doesn't fade off during the day; small amount of product goes a long way so the pan will last a very long time; can be built up if necessary; very good price
[ CONS ] - can only order online (from what I know, anyways)

Upon running out of this product, I will not even hesitate to repurchase it!

I've been looking high & low for a contour color that wouldn't make me look ruddy. i had that problem with alot of bronzers & blushes that i tried contouring with. i finally got this recommended to me by a friend & i LOVE it. :) for reference i'm MAC NC30 - NC35 & it's perfect for me. but i do think that this color could possibly work for darker or lighter complexions because you can use a light hand for lighter complexions & build the color up for darker complexions. :) it's the perfect brown/grey shade that's ideal for contouring.

on 5/31/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Purchase these for a class. Glad that I did. Addes just enough brown-grey to skin to enhance shadows on the face. This would work for fair or light complexions. Could probaby also do with darker foundaton. But still glad to have them. Cost $6 for palette refill.

Top Rated Ben Nye Products