October 2, 2014 | 1365 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Woah. These shadows are waaaay too crumbly. :/ For the price, I would've expected at least a somewhat smooth texture. It also gaveme mega fallout, and rarely do I encounter fallout with any of my other shadows (UD, Mac, WnW).
P.S.: Wet N' Wild's Comfort Zone has almost an exact dupe of each color but in a BETTER texture AND for only $5!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mostly for the greens, They are beautiful! The whole palette is gorgeous, I find the texture of the shadows slightly disappointing but for the price you can't beat it! Don't get me wrong, they are not crumbly and nasty, lol they do go on smooth and have good pigmentation but I've had shadows with better texture. Overall I love this palette and I now want to try her other ones. You get so many shadows for such a good price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I like this palette. There are some good earthy tone shadows that are easy to wear and good for those who like softer colours. My favourite shades are 'Baroque' (golden bronze with shimmer) and 'Orbi' (an olive green with shimmer). 'Leather' is very rich in colour too. The dark chocolate brown makes for a nice liner shade and is good for defining the outer v and crease. 'Lucifer' is the only matte shade. It's black, but a little hard to blend compared with the other shadows in this palette. 'Tequila' is a great highlight shade if you like shimmery finishes, but does have a slight frost look on my skin which I hate so I use it only for the inner corner. 'Dimebag', is the metallic green. A little hard to pull off, but paired with 'Baroque' and 'Leather', it works very well together. The biggest disappointment in the palette has to be 'Clay' and 'Downtown'. They are very glittery and found they crumbled quite easily resulting in lots of fallout on my cheeks. Overall, I think it's a decent palette if you like neutrals but want a bit of colour as well. The shadows are very soft, and are easy to blend (with exception of 'Lucifer' and 'Downtown'). Comes with two mini brushes, but they are pretty useless so I chucked them out. Would recommend because they have great pigmentation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by biliboong

This is my first Kat Von D palette. I went back and forth between wanting to get a palette, and not wanting to get one. I know about the creams and that's mainly why I didn't want one. But I read Ludwig didn't have a cream so I thought about getting it. What sold me was that a few palettes were on sale for 24$ at Sephora. When I saw that in store, I grabbed one. This is easily one of my favourite palettes, granted I don't own that many. I love the last three colours on the right side. I use those together all the time. I'm a fan of the greens as well. I like pairing them with Urban Decay's Mildew. I only have two issues: packaging (sometimes hard to open the palette) and the shadows can be very... what is the word? But I can dip my brush into the eyeshadow and a lot just breaks apart and I have to clean the palette a little because of that. Overall, I think this is a great buy and I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by roxyylovee

I have had this palette for about a year now, and I still have a fair amount of product, even though I use it almost every day. The color payoff is great! I love the browns and cream colors, I normally don't go out of my neutral color comfort zone, so this palette is my favorite :] I don't know why they give you those tiny brushes, to me they seem useless lol I guess you could use them to fill your eyebrows in??
DO NOT DROP THIS. Seriously, I have dropped it a couple of times and my shadows have cracked and spilled.. completely my fault, but still sad.. so handle with caution. I will definitely repurchase whenever I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

I've had this palette for almost 2 years now, and with almost daily use, I finally hit pan with the lightest shimmery shade (the names faded on the back), and the matte brown. I'm getting close to pan with the other 2 shimmering warm browns. I dont really use the nudeish color next to the lightest shade because I find it to be extremely chalky and hard to blend/apply. The greens are beautiful for a night out. I find the shimmer shades are very smooth and velvety and easy to apply. The matte brown and black are a bit more brittle and prone to cracking and breaking if you aren't careful. I broke a piece of the matte black off on accident when I dropped the palette, but the others are fine. The mirror is HUGE, which is great! Its easy to handle and the packaging is sturdy and cute and hasn't broken on me for 2 years! I will definitely repurchase, just because its inexpensive at Sephora. You get 8 almost full sized shadows (when comparing to one single shadow from MAC) for the price of 35$-40$. The colors are for the most part universally flattering and very easy to work with.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by meowrena

I love this palette! Great colours, richly pigmented, and they blend great. However, it is really expensive at $44 (CDN) from Sephora. I use the brown side more than the green side, but the green is nice if you want a little bit (or a lot!) or colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by maggiedog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After falling in love with Kat Von D's lipstick line I decided I had to try one of her eye color palettes. Most of the groupings were a little too young for me, but I adore the Ludwig palette! It is highly pigmented and can be worn in so many ways. The colors Lucifer (black) and Leather (dark brown) can be used as powder liners as well as shadow. One of the best things about her eye shadow is that you can "build" color, depending on whether you are wearing them during the day, or for a more dramatic look at night.The colors don't fade away. Her line has become my favorite, and I have tried them all.....from high end to drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kaleidoscopic

I've been using this palette for about 2 months now. I love how I can use any colour in the palette for an everyday look. The shadows are very pigmented, even without a base. However, they are a bit chalky and there have been a few times when I accidentally got a little bit of fallout in my eyes, so be sure to tap off the excess shadow off your brush. Is it odd to say that I think the palette smells kind of...good? in a way. I like the smell. For me at least, this palette was pricy - $44 w/out tax, but that's probably because I live in Canada. I would definitely buy this again if I drove down to the border. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by tormlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

We've all tried those palettes that look so great in the store, but you go home, swatch them, and the texture is not only horrible, but the color fades before you can even finish your eyes. Not the case here! These shadows are velvety (though a bit on the powdery side) and pigmented with good lasting power (as far as I can tell, haven't had it that long).

Also, it comes with actual brushes instead of the customary, but horrific sponge-tipped applicators. Mind you, I can't say I would actually recommend applying the colors with them, but in an emergency last-minute touch-up situation, they will work just fine. Also, the mirror is nice and big, so you can actually see what you're doing.

And the colors? I love them, great for brown eyes and can be dressed up or down. Really, the only thing this palette needs to be my dream palette is a couple of purple shades. Guess I'll just have to pick up another Kat Von D palette for some of those.

Edit: The lasting powers on these, with a little help from Too Faced Shadow Insurance, is amazing! I put my make-uip on at around noon, went out to lunch with a friend, walked a mile in 100 degree weather, went to a show, and didn't get home until around four o'clock in the morning. My eyeshadow never creased!