Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge

4.1

Sponge

on 11/20/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THIS SPONGE!!!
It makes my makeup look so natural and professional and it makes any foundation,powder,blush or concealer go on amazing.
The only thing I didn't like about this sponge is that it absorbed a lot of product an it made it look Germy and nasty no matter how much I washed it which I believe caused my face to break out a bit :(
I did discover though pouring a bit of make up remover and then washing with a mild shampoo (after ever use,religiously) removed most of the product and helped from causing breakouts. Other than that I cannot think of a single thing bad to say about it and I will purchase it again in the future. It is WELL worth the upkeep trust me!

on 11/13/2012 11:06:00 AM

I prefer the beauty blender over the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge for several reasons. The beauty blender is shaped like an egg, so it rolls onto he skin smootly fining out any harsh foundation lines. I like to wet mine before I apply foundation and it holds in the moisture really well, whereas the SK blending sponge is too dense to do that. Although the SK blending sponge has a finer tip, which allows you to really get into the corners of your eye, the beauty blender can achieve the same look even though it has a slightly more rounded tip. In all, I would definitely recommend the beauty blender even though it is a little more expensive, it is definitely worth investing in something that you could potentially be using on a daily basis, especially if you are trying to achiece that flawless finish

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have not tried the Beauty Blender, so I can't compare the two products, but I do love the SK blending sponge. I got it a couple weeks ago at Target for around $10 USD. I had a couple of foundations that I just couldn't get to look right, no matter how I applied them. They looked patchy, streaky, or just all out unnatural (CS Whipped Creme, I'm looking at you). After using this sponge for a couple of weeks, I'm convinced that it will make any foundation look good. After moisturizing, I get the sponge thoroughly wet and wring it out. I don't wring all the water out...I just find that it works best that way for me. I apply small dots of foundation to my face with clean fingers and "bounce" the foundation with the sponge into my skin. I use the pointed end around my eyes and nose, and the flat end to blend the foundation around my jawline and across my cheeks. I can't even tell that I'm wearing makeup. I get the coverage that I want from the foundation without having the look of makeup. This also blends concealer effortlessly. It's just a great tool in my arsenal.

on 9/20/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this sponge. I always wanted a Beauty Blender, but couldn't bring myself to pay so much for a sponge... Although they seem to have come down in price a bit lately. I want to say that Beauty Blenders used to retail for something crazy like $20 a piece when they came out?! Anyway, I got a set for around $10 with a pink Sonia Kashuk sponge and a bottle of spray cleaner. The cleanser is fabulous. It has a strong sort of disinfectant smell and I use it to clean this sponge and my Clarisonic brush heads.

The sponge is great. It is nothing like those little foam wedges or anything else I've tried. It's very heavy and dense. It absorbs some of the oil (or silicone?) from the foundation without just drinking the product up. It leaves my skin looking really smooth and well blended. I've started applying foundation with my hands and then using the "big end" of the sponge to blot everything out and blend it out. The pointy end is really great for blending around facial crevices like the eyes and nose. After I apply blush and everything on my cheeks, I go back over with the sides of the sponge to lightly blend all the edges out.

I've had the sponge for a year and have used/ washed it regularly. It is just now starting to look like it's deteriorating and needs to be replaced. At $10/ year, I think it's a worthwhile beauty expense. I will definitely repurchase. I guess my only complaint is that the sponge is SO dense, it's a bit difficult to clean and get all of the makeup out of it. Also, I feel like $10 is a fair price compared to a Beauty Blender and I love the product, but how much does it really cost to manufacture a sponge? Target could probably charge half as much and still make a huge profit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I love this sponge. I actually bought two. What I don't love it how difficult it is to clean it. (and it does need to be cleaned frequently to keep it hygenic.) It takes a great deal of scrubbing to get it clean - not worth the time. And, no matter how damp the sponge is prior to using it, it sucks up a lot of product.

That said, if you can brave the washing demands and spare the extra product, this is the best sponge I can find. It gives a wonderful finish; I can't find a better finish than the one I get w this sponge.

It is shaped so that you can easily get to the crevices around your nose and chin. I love the point and use the top part to apply and press out my under eye concealer. The sponge is v soft and is a dream for evenly and carefully distributing product around the face

I am a huge Sonia Kashuk tools fan. This sponge is a great dupe for the beauty blender. I also own a beauty blender and much prefer this to thte BB. That said, I rarely bring it out. The cons (cleaning and absorption) outweigh its merits.

on 6/24/2012 7:34:00 AM

Can't afford the beauty blender so I bought this bad boy at target instead. Like everyone else, I used it damped and apply my foundation with this. I love it! I love how nicely it goes on my face. I pat it on my face instead of buffing it in like a brush. It leaves a very nice finish on my skin. This totally blows my brushes away lol.

on 6/23/2012 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an excellent product for foundation application!

I have used brushes, sponges, etc.

This took a little while to master but its application is flawlessssss! My foundation applies faster, beautifully and its so so so easy.

You can use this for foundation, powder AND blush...you have to TRY it and teach yourself how to bounce and blend.

Cons: it stains easily

on 5/14/2012 5:27:00 PM

I love this! After I apply my foundation with a brush I use this to blend it out and it makes my foundation look airbrushed and flawless! Definatley worth the $10!

on 5/12/2012 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I recently switched from a cream foundation (studio tech), that I applied with the sponge that comes with it when I was in a hurry, to a liquid (MUFE HD) so I was looking for new sponge. Sephora doesn't have the beautyblender in stores so I thought this would be a good alternative and liked the ergonomic shape. I found the sponge to be way too hard and stiff and it made application very difficult. It felt like it was just bouncing off my face and not really setting the foundation into my skin. When I tried to blend with it it wiped off too much foundation. I don't like having to take the time to wet it before use since I already wash sponges before bed with my brushes. It also absorbed a lot of product, seemingly more than a flat sponge. There was smell to it but that's to be expected with any latex product (off gasing) and it isn't harmful. This sponge made me decide a foundation brush is the best way to go with a highly pigmented liquid because it makes application easier and doesn't waste product.

on 5/10/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow, what a waste of $10. I own the (heaven-sent) Beautyblender but curiosity got the best of me when I was at Target so I decided I could drop $10 and try out the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge - big mistake. The color and the shape of the sponge are wonderful but that's where the compliments end. I tried it in the morning and it felt like I was applying my makeup with a brick. There was zero blending, the stippling was completely inefficient, I ended wasting a good amount of my expensive foundation with zero effect. I promptly set this tiny disappointment aside and picked up my trusted friend, the Beautyblender, which truly is the best thing I've ever gotten for my face. Please don't waste $10 on this deceivingly good-looking blending sponge. Just go on beauty.com and buy the 2-pack Beautyblender for $25 (no tax, no shipping) and allow your skin to glow.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools