December 20, 2014 | 845 users online

Nails - Duri-Rejuvacote

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Megxnar

I absolutely love this product! My whole life I had paper thin nails, and they would never grow past nubs. When I came across Rejuvacote, I never thought it would become my HG base coat, but it did! After about 2 weeks of using it, my nails were able to grow and they no longer peeled off in sheets. I've been using it for over a year and I can't see myself ever switching!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by beautygal1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly let me say, My nails are paper thin...not tissue paper thin, but thin...I tried using this product when I was in beauty school in 2010 in hopes that it would help my nails...me, being me, didn't stick to it for more than a week...then I returned it to the store because I didn't think it did anything for me...and I went back to wearing my holy grale acrylic nails...beauty school and weak nails, don't go well together...so acrylic nails were my only way to have beautiful nails while doing hair :) But, eventually that had to stop do to an allergic reaction from the products being used....I then moved on to press on nails...they were affordable, made my nails look pretty and were a fraction of the cost acrylic nails were...but, that to stopped after I got tired of the nails...so, I purchased rejuvacote again, to see if it would help me...I have to say, things are good so far...I notice a lot of new growth happening with this product, which is awesome...and I think they are a tiny bit stronger...they seem to be just a little stronger then without the treatment...A downside to this is, there is significant burning pain when this is applied...I originally applied this on 10/5/13 but had to remove it after the second application due to the severe pain I was feeling...I then let it go and used gel polish...only to go back to rejuvacote a week later...the burning pain was still happening...another user told me that it was due to my nails being so thin and damaged plus the formaldehyde in the product...I also believe it is the nail polish remover that is reacting to the product too...because once I remove the product from my nails the pain is gone....once I apply and remove it and reapply it again...the pain is back...not as bad as it was at first...but noticeable...as the time has gone by, the pain is still noticeable, but nothing like it was a week or two ago...I don't know why it's burning like it does, but other viewers have said it does the same for them...I contacted the company about this issue and never heard back from them...even now, I feel pain...just a little..nothing like before, but I removed it an hour ago and reapplied it, and feel tenderness in my nails....I plan to continue using this product and hope the discomfort goes away...I have also started taking my hair skin and nail pills again...hopefully this regimen will make my nails beautiful again :) :) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by rawritschae

I've been biting my nails since I was little and after 17 years, I finally quit! However, when I managed to stop chewing on my nails, they were wrecked nonetheless. I was really upset about it and tried every product that nail beauty gurus suggested and I was beginning to lose hope.
That's when I came across this polish at Walmart. After reading the box, I immediately searched it on makeupalley and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was so highly rated (most products I look up tend to be around the 3.2-3.5 range). It's truly my HG nail product!! It has some harsh chemicals in it, but that doesn't bother me as it truly does what it advertises. My previously brittle, thin, peeling, cracking, flaking nails have never looked so good!
If you're a recovering nail-biter then this is definitely a product you should try out!

Good luck!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by byryr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Most beauty products work a little or not at all, but Rejuvacote really works. My nails have always been weak and soft, and have always peeled and torn before they could get to a respectable length. After using Rejuvacote for a month, my nails are strong and healthy. I have to clip and file them now every week. This product has worked unbelievably well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by polishandprejudice

My nails had always been weak and prone to peeling, even more so when I started using nail polish. They got a little better when I learnt how to 'buff out a peel' a la Loodie Loodie Loodie, but then they were just weak and horribly bendy.

I started using Duri Rejuvacote (bought via ebay) a few months ago now, and it's done wonders because my nails are much stronger, they don't peel when I go without nail polish for a few days and they're able to grow to the length I want them without crapping out on me. I definitely recommend Rejuvacote if your nails needs some saving!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's not that great. I've been using different protective coats and this one was the latest. It's one of the better ones but I've been using it for a while and still no real change. My nails break from any type of polishing, no ifs ands or buts about it. Top or protective coats do not help. At all. Not this, not any. Some people love them but it just doesn't help me.

Update: Haven't used this in a few weeks to a month, nails are growing back better on their own. I just can't use this stuff, or any polish. Sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by leslielgc

~The review of someone with a tupperware in their storage room where base coats go to die.~

Where has this product been all my life? Holy cow what a lifesaver. I can't begin to say how beneficial this was for my nails. Not only does my polish last longer, but my nails look beautiful! My nails honestly went from stripped and shedding to strong and long. It exceeded my expectations by so much. I never expected it to do a tenth of what it ended up doing! This is my HG base coat for sure!

The only downside I would say is that if you tend to wear a lot of darker polishes, I would wear a base coat between Rejuvacote and your nail polish that prevents bleeding. I don't tend to wear many darker polishes, but the couple times I have I've noticed what might be the slightest staining. (My #2 is Butter London's Nail Foundation, which I've always found to be great at preventing staining)

FYI: For you other Canadians out there since I know how difficult it is to find smaller brands... I got mine from the online retailer Nail Polish Canada!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by neverunpolished

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just started using this a couple weeks ago and I love it! I have had a lot of problems with peeling and have tried numerous strengthening bases, none of which made a big difference. Until Duri Rejuvacote, that is! I ordered it on Amazon for $8 and my nails are stronger and longer than they've been in several years. My polish also lasts a lot longer since my nails don't peel in the middle of my manicure with this. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Mayita73

It does what is supposed to, great great product for damage nails, I starting using it when I had the crazy idea of using acrylics for a wedding, my nails were a total disaster afterwards, but this thing really helped, I'm still using it and my nails have completely recovered and are stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by lovelyKk

If I was going to be stranded on a desert island and could only bring three items with me... This would be one of them! My nails were always so thin, they would break and chip all of the time. My nail tech recommended this, and I am so glad she did. For the first two weeks I used it every day and was amazed at how quickly I noticed a difference. My nails were growing and have never been this strong, I now only use it once or twice a week still with great results. Also, even when you get gel nail polish put on, this can go over it, it will still soak through and continue to nourish your nails.

LOVE DURI!! Would definitely recommend.