April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS POWDER.

I use this every day, and it smells amazing. A sweet, faintly jasmine, very sexy vanillic ladylike scent. This stuff is great for smooth skin under your clothes. I adore this and have purchased it many times over.

One of the few LUSH products I'm willing to shell out for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by librariansgonewild

Like at least one other reviewer below, I tried this as a dry shampoo and had good results. Worth a shot if you ran out of your regular stuff and/or don't want to smell like lemon pledge (I'm talking to you, Blandi!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After several months of obsessing over all things Lush, a friend directed me to Paula Begoun's Cosmetics Cop website, which counters Lush's (genius) marketing with actual science, and the love affair soured. Silky Underwear is the sole product to survive my anti-Lush backlash. I use Urban Decay's Big Buddha Brush to dust this over my groin, on my chest, under my breasts, all over my feet, and anywhere else that gets sweaty and I can count on staying dry. It feels divine, too, cool and silky. The jasmine scent is lovely, but it will have "turned" by the product's expiration date (note: the product doesn't go bad once it's expired, it just loses its signature jasmine scent).

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT. Firstly, I didn't go through all 11 pages of reviews, but some of us ladies that are more "well-endowed" have the obnoxious issue of underboob sweat to deal with, like after working out or being out on a hot day. THIS is am amazing solution and the only powder I have found that does not end up like clumps of flour, doesn't irritate, and keeps me dry all day.

This is going to work FANTASTICALLY for an upcoming convention I'll be doing, where I'll be in a PVC costume all day in crowds. It'll keep me dry and fresh and THAT makes me happy. Yes, the packaging sucks, but it's a minor price to pay for such a great product.

I haven't tried sprinkling it on the bedsheets, but that is certainly something I'm going to try.

But this is going to me an HG for me, especially since I live in Florida :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like Silky Underwear quite a lot. I depend on this stuff to keep me feeling fresh during the warmer months. I adore the scent, to me it smells like a slightly floral buttercream icing. I've had the same package for what seems like ages, so while the initial purchase is expensive, the product does last (but of course YMMV depending on how you use it.) I do wish that there was a way to open and reclose the top so that you could put a puff inside. Otherwise, this is a wonderful product and a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE the smell. It's the "perfect" smell in my opinion. I wish they made more stuff (soap, bath melts, massage bars, lotion, shampoo) that smelled like this. I'd buy it all! And they better not ever, ever, EVER discontinue, aaccckkkk - perish the thought! Love using it in the summer time especially to keep me dry, fresh and smelling perfect in the scorching Texas heat.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

This is LUSH store bottled! I adore the smell and when I first got it, the smell reminded me of when I walked into a LUSH store, I just adore the scent :) I use this together with my Imogen Rose or Cocktail solid and I smell nice the whole day :) I LOVE this! I will try to sprinkle some on my bedsheet as suggested by many other reviewers :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by spookyjan1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this powder the smell is lovely,i am an old fashioned kind of gal,i have always liked powders.i dont really usually comment on reviews,but i just had to tell you how best i find to use this powder...i empty it into a powder bowl,an then i use a blusher brush or cosmetic powder brush..this way less mess,it spreads more evenly on hair,under arm pits,between breasts etc.also as applied with the brush on hair to dry it up a bit,you get no mess a lot easier also,saves money an no powder on carpets

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder feels nice on the skin and works particularly well after applying body lotion. It has a slight moisturizing effect and leaves the skin smooth, fresh - feeling and dry all day. The mess doesn't really bother me - I live in Italy where we have stone floors and it's pretty easy to clean up afterwards. I can imagine that anyone applying this in a room with a carpet might have more problems and be left with a dusty room - probably not great for allergies..
My problem with the product is this. I don't find the scent to be particularly stable and feel that it changes from one day to the next, probably depending on temperature, humidity etc. Sometimes it smells soft and jasmine-ish and lovely, but I find that other times I'll get a whiff of something kind of sour and really not nice at all after it's been on my skin for a couple of hours. I've heard lots of people say that jasmine has a kind of 'cat-pee' smell (!) and that's what bothers me about wearing this - I'd hate to think that my friends and colleagues find this off-putting and so for that reason I've more or less stopped wearing it. Lush's vanilla dusting powder is, in my opinion, a 'safer' scent, although unfortunately it's not moisturizing like this powder is. If you love jasmine and you don't care what others think of the way you smell then go for it! I on the other hand think that I'll only use it up when I'm at home alone :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Silky Underwear! Its such a versatile product. I use it as a dusting powder all over my body, especially when its hot. I dust my sheets with it and they smell divine. It can be used as a dry shampoo, but that doesnt work well with this one for me (other Lush powders are good though). This is also great to dust on your thighs if they happen to rub uncomfortably.