LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 4/6/2012 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is probably my favourite lush product. The scent is beautiful - a creamy floral. A bottle will last you a long while even if you use it everyday.
It is a very nice, fine powder. It is soft and doesn't dry out your skin.
My only real complaint is the packaging. The bottle is difficult to get small amounts out of. I like to pour it into an empty box and use it with a powder puff.

on 3/26/2012 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Out of all the LUSH products I have tried lately, Silky Underwear and Buffy are about the only ones that I have found that live up to the hype and are (somewhat) worth their prices.

For the past decade or so, I have used Johnson & Johnson baby powder to control my sweaty bits (I live in the Gulf Coast area of Texas where normal humidity is around 80% all year round so sweaty bits are pretty inevitable). However, baby powder tends to get old after a while and most grown women don't want to run around smelling like a baby all the time. Baby powder also doesn't always meld well with perfumes that adults wear. As a result, I decided to try a more grown up powder. After reading the reviews here, I decided to give SU a try.

Overall, I think this is a decent body powder. While scent is very personal and subjective, I agree with the majority of reviewers that the smell of SU is divine. At first, I really didn't like the scent but something magical happens when this is applied to your skin. Even though it's a powder, the scent sort of melts into your skin making you smell better. Nothing overwhelming or in your face, just fresh and clean. Surprisingly, the scent also works well with just about every perfume I own. I also use this in conjunction with my nifty little Bezi nipple covers (which have been a God-send!). SU works very well to keep those from becoming the itchy little nifty covers they have transformed into in the past few months.

My only real complaints about this product is the cheap-o container it comes in and the price. The container is almost impossible to keep closed and a bit of a pain to keep clean. I've picked it up several times thinking it was closed only to have powder spill out everywhere. I think a new container (with perhaps a powder puff included) would be a better idea. While SU is an effective product, it is a tad overpriced in my opinion (like most if not all LUSH products are). Since it does work and smells good, I may very well purchase it again.

on 3/25/2012 4:47:00 PM

Where else can you get sexy smelling body powder? I use this instead of actual deodorant because it's mild and soaks up just enough moisture to stay comfortable for the whole day. I love it!

on 3/18/2012 3:22:00 PM

Probably the best smell ever and it make my skin so soft! The con is that you get it all over your clothes when you dress. I rarely use mine because of this and it's a big shame because the smell is so sexy and chic. I pat this on my bedlinen instead, works great!

on 1/23/2012 1:38:00 AM

UPDATE (8/2013): Still loving this stuff. I go to LUSH every couple months to pick up more. The new updated packaging has made all the difference. The powder now comes in cute little bottles that are super travel friendly. I still use this over my baby oil or baby oil gel and together, my skin get soooo smooth, especially if I exfoliate.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I just bought 2 more cans! This stuff smells so lovely. I spread it on my body after moisturizing. Because I use oil to moisturize, this helps soak up some of the excess grease and makes my skin even smoother. Because it has moisturizing properties, I can see myself just using this in the summer time to help me keep my skin smooth. It leaves such a lovely jasmine smell in my skin, that it's become a must have in my arsenal of body products.

I agree with other reviewers that the packaging could use much improvement. The Kraft powder cheese packaging makes this difficult to travel with and also takes time to learn to work with. Plus, the plastic tab that covers a new can requires a knife to break through in order to get this thing open,

on 11/13/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am utterly in LOVE with this stuff. Aside from the fact that it obviously smells great, it makes my skin softer than velvet. I find the price to be reasonable for the amount of product you get. The packaging is annoyingly leaky but I don't travel with it so it's not too much of a problem for me. To make a long story short, it's a must-have for dates. That's all I'm gonna say.

on 11/12/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a fantastic product! I rub this on my skin when I'm still damp from the shower, and I smell lovely all day! It does not irritate my sensitive skin, which is very unusual for me. I have found this can even be used as a deodorant under the arms with a more thorough application.

on 10/16/2011 2:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS POWDER.

I use this every day, and it smells amazing. A sweet, faintly jasmine, very sexy vanillic ladylike scent. This stuff is great for smooth skin under your clothes. I adore this and have purchased it many times over.

One of the few LUSH products I'm willing to shell out for.

Like at least one other reviewer below, I tried this as a dry shampoo and had good results. Worth a shot if you ran out of your regular stuff and/or don't want to smell like lemon pledge (I'm talking to you, Blandi!)

on 9/12/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

After several months of obsessing over all things Lush, a friend directed me to Paula Begoun's Cosmetics Cop website, which counters Lush's (genius) marketing with actual science, and the love affair soured. Silky Underwear is the sole product to survive my anti-Lush backlash. I use Urban Decay's Big Buddha Brush to dust this over my groin, on my chest, under my breasts, all over my feet, and anywhere else that gets sweaty and I can count on staying dry. It feels divine, too, cool and silky. The jasmine scent is lovely, but it will have "turned" by the product's expiration date (note: the product doesn't go bad once it's expired, it just loses its signature jasmine scent).

Top Rated LUSH Products