August 28, 2014 | 1376 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

UPDATE (8/2013): Still loving this stuff. I go to LUSH every couple months to pick up more. The new updated packaging has made all the difference. The powder now comes in cute little bottles that are super travel friendly. I still use this over my baby oil or baby oil gel and together, my skin get soooo smooth, especially if I exfoliate.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I just bought 2 more cans! This stuff smells so lovely. I spread it on my body after moisturizing. Because I use oil to moisturize, this helps soak up some of the excess grease and makes my skin even smoother. Because it has moisturizing properties, I can see myself just using this in the summer time to help me keep my skin smooth. It leaves such a lovely jasmine smell in my skin, that it's become a must have in my arsenal of body products.

I agree with other reviewers that the packaging could use much improvement. The Kraft powder cheese packaging makes this difficult to travel with and also takes time to learn to work with. Plus, the plastic tab that covers a new can requires a knife to break through in order to get this thing open,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am utterly in LOVE with this stuff. Aside from the fact that it obviously smells great, it makes my skin softer than velvet. I find the price to be reasonable for the amount of product you get. The packaging is annoyingly leaky but I don't travel with it so it's not too much of a problem for me. To make a long story short, it's a must-have for dates. That's all I'm gonna say.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic product! I rub this on my skin when I'm still damp from the shower, and I smell lovely all day! It does not irritate my sensitive skin, which is very unusual for me. I have found this can even be used as a deodorant under the arms with a more thorough application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS POWDER.

I use this every day, and it smells amazing. A sweet, faintly jasmine, very sexy vanillic ladylike scent. This stuff is great for smooth skin under your clothes. I adore this and have purchased it many times over.

One of the few LUSH products I'm willing to shell out for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by librariansgonewild

Like at least one other reviewer below, I tried this as a dry shampoo and had good results. Worth a shot if you ran out of your regular stuff and/or don't want to smell like lemon pledge (I'm talking to you, Blandi!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After several months of obsessing over all things Lush, a friend directed me to Paula Begoun's Cosmetics Cop website, which counters Lush's (genius) marketing with actual science, and the love affair soured. Silky Underwear is the sole product to survive my anti-Lush backlash. I use Urban Decay's Big Buddha Brush to dust this over my groin, on my chest, under my breasts, all over my feet, and anywhere else that gets sweaty and I can count on staying dry. It feels divine, too, cool and silky. The jasmine scent is lovely, but it will have "turned" by the product's expiration date (note: the product doesn't go bad once it's expired, it just loses its signature jasmine scent).

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT. Firstly, I didn't go through all 11 pages of reviews, but some of us ladies that are more "well-endowed" have the obnoxious issue of underboob sweat to deal with, like after working out or being out on a hot day. THIS is am amazing solution and the only powder I have found that does not end up like clumps of flour, doesn't irritate, and keeps me dry all day.

This is going to work FANTASTICALLY for an upcoming convention I'll be doing, where I'll be in a PVC costume all day in crowds. It'll keep me dry and fresh and THAT makes me happy. Yes, the packaging sucks, but it's a minor price to pay for such a great product.

I haven't tried sprinkling it on the bedsheets, but that is certainly something I'm going to try.

But this is going to me an HG for me, especially since I live in Florida :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like Silky Underwear quite a lot. I depend on this stuff to keep me feeling fresh during the warmer months. I adore the scent, to me it smells like a slightly floral buttercream icing. I've had the same package for what seems like ages, so while the initial purchase is expensive, the product does last (but of course YMMV depending on how you use it.) I do wish that there was a way to open and reclose the top so that you could put a puff inside. Otherwise, this is a wonderful product and a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE the smell. It's the "perfect" smell in my opinion. I wish they made more stuff (soap, bath melts, massage bars, lotion, shampoo) that smelled like this. I'd buy it all! And they better not ever, ever, EVER discontinue, aaccckkkk - perish the thought! Love using it in the summer time especially to keep me dry, fresh and smelling perfect in the scorching Texas heat.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

This is LUSH store bottled! I adore the smell and when I first got it, the smell reminded me of when I walked into a LUSH store, I just adore the scent :) I use this together with my Imogen Rose or Cocktail solid and I smell nice the whole day :) I LOVE this! I will try to sprinkle some on my bedsheet as suggested by many other reviewers :)