December 17, 2014 | 1698 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'm 24 and feel that i'm ready for my first eye cream. i wanted to buy kiehl's creamy avocado eye treatment but it's kinda expensive and the vit e eye cream from TBS doesn't look like something that will make a big difference or prevent anything, and i found that some expensive moisturizers/eye creams have avocado oil in them so i went online and bought pure avocado oil from an organic store, it came in a small dark bottle with droppers.

i prefer organic store products than like that they sell at grocery store. becareful to choose where you purchase it from, not all of them are pure and in good condition and worse it will give you pimples or irritation rather than a clear complexion.

so i apply it everynight under my eyes. i have one fine line under my left eye and after 3 days it's completely gone. if i stop using it, the effect will last for about a week before the line start to show again but still not as bad as before i use the avocado oil.
sometimes i slather it on my face like a mask and wash it off in the evening, i never go to sleep with it since i live in tropical city and god knows what happen if you sleep with oily face, but it's perfect if you live in drier area/with winter.

overall this is a cheap and effective wrinkle treatment that will definitely make a BIG difference under your eye, cost cheaper than a drugstore eye cream and you can be 50 without one damn wrinkle on your face. when i'm old, i ain't gonna spend hundreds of dollars on a tube of overpriced eye cream that will never work.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased extra virgin (cold-processed, unrefined) avocado oil from a seller on Ebay. It was a great value at a dollar per ounce, and I intended to use it on my hair, body and possibly face (I have the most finicky persnickety face).

On the body as part of an oil blend (grapeseed, argan, a little marula, and now avocado)-nutty smell, mostly goes away, helps skin absorb the blend more quickly, makes skin looks smoother and more healthy.

I have not tried it on my face yet.

On the hair-I have fine dark curly hair, prone to split ends- Excellent. Immediately reduces frizz, helps define curls, seems to minimize split ends with consistent use. I definitely recommend as a great natural treatment for curly hair either as a leave-in smoother (just a little in the palm, run through ends and maybe a bit further up) or as a deep conditioning treatment (a good amount all over the hair, a little rubbed in the scalp, leave on as long as possible before shampooing and conditioning in the shower).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Avocado Oil, where have you been all my life? So here's the story. My skin, it throws temper tantrums, especially when it starts to cool down. This year, was no exception, it dried right out WHILE I got breakouts...The thought of washing my face with chemicals didn't seem appealing, so what I did was purchase an organic face wash (which I have reviewed), that I heard about from a youtuber. Another thing she used to moisturize was, avocado oil. I grabbed a bottle and used it in addition to the other products I was using to moisturize. The tantrum is long since over, and I'm using strictly avocado oil as a moisturizer for my face and eyes, and a makeup remover. I love it and am so glad I picked it up. This is a Holy Grail for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Olivado Organic Extra Virgin Avocado Oil which I originally purchased for culinary purposes but when I developed severe summer allergies a few years ago I started using it on my skin, at a time when the only products I could use that didn't sting my face were Eight Hour Cream and Clinique Soap. Avocado oil worked wonderfully to quickly soothe, heal and moisturise, and it's become a staple.
Compared to olive oil it's lighter, virtually odourless and doesn't sit heavily on the skin; in fact it seems to just melt in and in small amounts won't make your skin look shiny and "oily". I even went out with this on my face once, having forgotten that I hadn't put on any moisturiser!
My skin's dry/combo to very dry and I find that it actually helps to balance out the oilier areas. It's full of antioxidants and apparently helps the skin to produce collagen; if my skin needs a boost I massage in a generous amount every evening (on its own or within my nighttime routine) and can definitely feel my skin becoming firmer and buttery soft, as well as looking dewy and bright.
For best results use while the skin is damp and warm. The oil will help to lock in that moisture and your skin will feel even softer.
Great for face body and hands, on its own or mixed with facial oils or creams, as a massage oil or applied as a mask, and numerous other uses; I decant some into a little plastic pump bottle (it's fluid enough to pump) to keep in the bathroom and wouldn't be without it. It's around £5 for 250ml so you can't go wrong. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Untoxifyme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have turned my back on conventional moisturizers and found joy in natural food grade oils! I get my avocado oil at a warehouse type store and find that a lot of the time food grade is less expensive than the cosmetic...? The smell is usually fresher and much less likely to be rancid(which is truly a disgusting odor) I also prefer the packaging to be glass as I avoid plastic whenever possible. Avocado oil works great on my skin(face and body)and hair. I am prone to breakout and have mild psoriasis. I have found this does not aggravate these but helps. It works well under mineral makeup powder which can be drying. As other posters, I apply this on my body right after a shower and my skin looks glowy which says a lot for a nearly 43 year old Mom :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by simaagayeva

I was so excited to try this product after reading the great reviews. Within the past several months, I developed severe perioral dermatitis and had giant inflamed eczema patches on my cheeks. Simply put, I tried avocado oil thinking it would help soothe my skin. After gently exfoliating with a wash cloth and applying a couple drops of oil, I went to bed. The next morning when I woke up, I was horrified to see that my entire face was covered in swollen, raised red patches. It was awful. I took an anti-histamine and applied hydrocortisone cream. Within a couple days, my skin went back to how it was before. I purchased the NOW brand of avocado oil at GNC. I was really excited to try something natural after spending money on drugstore stuff. Now I realize that just because it's all natural, it doesn't mean it will be a miracle worker for your skin. My only regret is not doing a patch test first.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

This oil is a miracle worker. Really. i've suffered with acne for a long time, and eventhough it's mild, it's frustrating.
It finally started to clear up BUT i'm left with stubborn red splotchy marks and discoloration.

Applying this oil every night as a moisturizer helps both the hyperpigmentation and really heals my skin. Plus it also clears out my pores, prevents breakouts (some articles say that it has a slight anti-bacterial property) and helps balance my skin's natural oil secretion. Avocado oil is also slightly on the acidic side on the pH scale (low alkaline)... Around the same as your skin's pH thus protecting it's acid mantle. You just can't go wrong with avocado oil.

REMEMBER TO APPLY JUST A LITTLE or it might be too heavy and not sink in properly. I put an amount enough to cover my face, (which takes trial and error) warm it up between my fingers and pat it in and voila! Nice, dewy skin! If you dot the oil on your face, make sure to rub it in, concentrate on massaging/patting it in your most acne and clog-prone areas to help it absorb quickly (reducing breakouts caused by 'suffocating' pores) while still getting it's full benefits. Try not to tissue or ESPECIALLY rinse off as some off the beneficial properties that you want will go down the drain. If it's too greasy, cut down on the amount of oil you use.

Goodluck :)

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Avocado oil is a really rich and buttery oil

Don't use on your face if you have oily skin it will only make you greasy. It is a lifesaver for dry/ really dry skin. Very heavy so it doesn't soak in right away but it will soak in. Nice on the lips and nice on the hair especially really dry damaged hair. It has a typical light oily scent though a little greener/ more avocado-ey. Add scented oils for nicer scent (though its scent is not offensive). High in vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E. I always put a dab on closed cuts/ wounds to help reduce scarring when healing. Though I don't know if it has much of an effect (like most things) on already healed stretch marks/ scars etc.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Miriam44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I switched to more natural products when I became pregnant and came across this in the health food section at GNC. I buy the Now brand, which is less than $5 a bottle and lasts me a few months. I use this as a full body moisturizers when I am done with my shower; I put it on all over before stepping out of the shower, mainly because I read it helps with skin elasticity and I couldn't handle the intense cocoa butter smell of palmer's. I step right into my towel and it air dries surprisingly quickly and sinks in very well. I am in my 7th month and still no stretch marks, so hopefully this his part if the reason why :) It has a very faint, natural smell but I am not a huge fan of it (too weird smelling food on me), so I bought some jasmine oil and I mix just a few drops in and that's all it takes to overcome the scent! Once the baby is born, I will probably also use my neutrogena sesame oil again (been avoiding it now because of the parabens) but I will keep this in my routine as well forever. It's cheaper and I love how it makes my skin feel. I want to try it on my eyes and also on my hair, so I'm looking forward to how that works! Overall, love this product, will use it forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing. Avocado oil is wonderful for acne-prone skin as well as dry skin. It totally sinks in leaving no greasy residue. You wake up with beautiful, dewy and fresh skin. I have some acne hyperpigmentation so I'll be back to say whether it has worked at fading it for me or not. :)

Update 20/11/14:
I found the avocado oil to be slighly pore clogging. I no longer think it's good to use for acne prone skin, but I recommend it for dry skin types. I didn't use it long enough to see any results from hyperpigmentation however!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No