October 25, 2014 | 1740 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Untoxifyme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have turned my back on conventional moisturizers and found joy in natural food grade oils! I get my avocado oil at a warehouse type store and find that a lot of the time food grade is less expensive than the cosmetic...? The smell is usually fresher and much less likely to be rancid(which is truly a disgusting odor) I also prefer the packaging to be glass as I avoid plastic whenever possible. Avocado oil works great on my skin(face and body)and hair. I am prone to breakout and have mild psoriasis. I have found this does not aggravate these but helps. It works well under mineral makeup powder which can be drying. As other posters, I apply this on my body right after a shower and my skin looks glowy which says a lot for a nearly 43 year old Mom :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by simaagayeva

I was so excited to try this product after reading the great reviews. Within the past several months, I developed severe perioral dermatitis and had giant inflamed eczema patches on my cheeks. Simply put, I tried avocado oil thinking it would help soothe my skin. After gently exfoliating with a wash cloth and applying a couple drops of oil, I went to bed. The next morning when I woke up, I was horrified to see that my entire face was covered in swollen, raised red patches. It was awful. I took an anti-histamine and applied hydrocortisone cream. Within a couple days, my skin went back to how it was before. I purchased the NOW brand of avocado oil at GNC. I was really excited to try something natural after spending money on drugstore stuff. Now I realize that just because it's all natural, it doesn't mean it will be a miracle worker for your skin. My only regret is not doing a patch test first.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

This oil is a miracle worker. Really. i've suffered with acne for a long time, and eventhough it's mild, it's frustrating.
It finally started to clear up BUT i'm left with stubborn red splotchy marks and discoloration.

Applying this oil every night as a moisturizer helps both the hyperpigmentation and really heals my skin. Plus it also clears out my pores, prevents breakouts (some articles say that it has a slight anti-bacterial property) and helps balance my skin's natural oil secretion. Avocado oil is also slightly on the acidic side on the pH scale (low alkaline)... Around the same as your skin's pH thus protecting it's acid mantle. You just can't go wrong with avocado oil.

REMEMBER TO APPLY JUST A LITTLE or it might be too heavy and not sink in properly. I put an amount enough to cover my face, (which takes trial and error) warm it up between my fingers and pat it in and voila! Nice, dewy skin! If you dot the oil on your face, make sure to rub it in, concentrate on massaging/patting it in your most acne and clog-prone areas to help it absorb quickly (reducing breakouts caused by 'suffocating' pores) while still getting it's full benefits. Try not to tissue or ESPECIALLY rinse off as some off the beneficial properties that you want will go down the drain. If it's too greasy, cut down on the amount of oil you use.

Goodluck :)

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Avocado oil is a really rich and buttery oil

Don't use on your face if you have oily skin it will only make you greasy. It is a lifesaver for dry/ really dry skin. Very heavy so it doesn't soak in right away but it will soak in. Nice on the lips and nice on the hair especially really dry damaged hair. It has a typical light oily scent though a little greener/ more avocado-ey. Add scented oils for nicer scent (though its scent is not offensive). High in vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E. I always put a dab on closed cuts/ wounds to help reduce scarring when healing. Though I don't know if it has much of an effect (like most things) on already healed stretch marks/ scars etc.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Miriam44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I switched to more natural products when I became pregnant and came across this in the health food section at GNC. I buy the Now brand, which is less than $5 a bottle and lasts me a few months. I use this as a full body moisturizers when I am done with my shower; I put it on all over before stepping out of the shower, mainly because I read it helps with skin elasticity and I couldn't handle the intense cocoa butter smell of palmer's. I step right into my towel and it air dries surprisingly quickly and sinks in very well. I am in my 7th month and still no stretch marks, so hopefully this his part if the reason why :) It has a very faint, natural smell but I am not a huge fan of it (too weird smelling food on me), so I bought some jasmine oil and I mix just a few drops in and that's all it takes to overcome the scent! Once the baby is born, I will probably also use my neutrogena sesame oil again (been avoiding it now because of the parabens) but I will keep this in my routine as well forever. It's cheaper and I love how it makes my skin feel. I want to try it on my eyes and also on my hair, so I'm looking forward to how that works! Overall, love this product, will use it forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing. Avocado oil is wonderful for acne-prone skin as well as dry skin. It totally sinks in leaving no greasy residue. You wake up with beautiful, dewy and fresh skin. I have some acne hyperpigmentation so I'll be back to say whether it has worked at fading it for me or not. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used both the food grade version and Aura Cacia Brand. I love them both for using on my skin and in my hair. It has a light smell but nothing obnoxious or cloying. For my skin, I use it mainly on my body for moisturizing and it doesn't aggravate my eczema. My favorite method is to use it as a hot oil treatment or mixed with my conditioners and deep treatments for a boost in moisture and softness. It also help with shine without being greasy if you emulsify a bit in your palms and rub through your strands. I have also used a bit mixed with other oils although it works great on its own. I have never used it on my face but will have to see how that goes one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have really sensitive eyes - even Bioderma and Liz Earle which are supposedly 'gentle' make my eyes burn and sting and cry like crazy. Taking off eye makeup every day is a horrible, horrible task for me. The only thing that didn't irritate my eyes were Simple makeup wipes - but these aren't exactly price-friendly in the long-run or economical.

I've been trying to use more natural products recently and switched to a natural toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, and body wash. It's a process, but I'm finding it pays off. I picked up Avocado oil on a bit of a whim. I'd heard of the oil cleansing method, and know that oily eye makeup removers can break down makeup more easily than water-based cleansers. I haven't got the guts to try this on my face..but for removing eye makeup it is a dream. I take a pea-sized amount and just gently rub it all around my eye area, and in soft rolling movements run it down my lashes. Then I take a dry cotton ball and wipe around the eye area - everything is gone. It's truly amazing.

The best part is - no stinging! Yay! And no irritation. If I get this in my eyes it can make my vision a tad blurry for a minute - but this is the extent of any discomfort. It is all-natural and it's really good to know I'm not putting chemicals in or around my eyes (except for the eye makeup of course..but I'm working on it!).

I feel like it nourishes my eye area and conditions my eyelashes. If there is a little oily residue, I leave it on and it moisturises the eye area really well. I paid £7 for a 118ml bottle. I'm sure you can get this cheaper - but like I said I was in Holland and Barrett and bought it spontaneously and didn't shop around for prices. But I've used less than a quarter of the bottle using it almost every day for 2.5. months so price wise I think this is a winner. A small amount goes far. Highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by cyphadelic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only used this for 2 days and so far I really like it. Hopefully it doesn't break me out as my skin is sensitive. However, it has made my skin less oily and seemingly radiant. I have used it prior and after to applying my Finacea gel. I also used it on my eyes and eyelashes. At $3 at my local grocery store, I will continue to use unless is breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has become a new staple... I purchased at Marshalls in the food section (la tourangelle brand) for a ridiculously cheap price and never cooked w/it....I've used it for my scalp (I suffer from psoriasis on my scalp) and on my hair... and my hair has never been so soft and my scalp LOVES IT.. it doesn't smell (like the usual hair oils for scalp issues... rosemary, tea tree, lavender, jojoba and the worst neem oil) it has a mild scent but it fades, it washes out w/out having to wash 10 times, hands down it's my favorite for my hair and scalp. My skin loves it too... and NOT just my body. I use it after showering... it absorbs really quickly and doesn't leave any really greasy lingering feel... but softness - really this stuff is amazing how soft it leaves you/your hair. I've used it on my face as well... since adding it to my serum I haven't needed a moisturizer (it's the summer and I don't need as much to combat any dryness). My skin really glows as a result of this... so much in fact that after I used the bottle up... I actually went and purchased another at whole foods and paid FULL PRICE (which I just don't do hahah) because I haven't been able to find any more at marshalls or home goods (watch they'll have them next week... and if they do I'll stock up)! I would highly recommend trying this oil as an alternative to other natural/organic moisturizers. It's a powerhouse and you really can't go wrong w/it....

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No