April 19, 2014 | 1093 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Avocado oil is a really rich and buttery oil

Don't use on your face if you have oily skin it will only make you greasy. It is a lifesaver for dry/ really dry skin. Very heavy so it doesn't soak in right away but it will soak in. Nice on the lips and nice on the hair especially really dry damaged hair. It has a typical light oily scent though a little greener/ more avocado-ey. Add scented oils for nicer scent (though its scent is not offensive). High in vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E. I always put a dab on closed cuts/ wounds to help reduce scarring when healing. Though I don't know if it has much of an effect (like most things) on already healed stretch marks/ scars etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Miriam44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I switched to more natural products when I became pregnant and came across this in the health food section at GNC. I buy the Now brand, which is less than $5 a bottle and lasts me a few months. I use this as a full body moisturizers when I am done with my shower; I put it on all over before stepping out of the shower, mainly because I read it helps with skin elasticity and I couldn't handle the intense cocoa butter smell of palmer's. I step right into my towel and it air dries surprisingly quickly and sinks in very well. I am in my 7th month and still no stretch marks, so hopefully this his part if the reason why :) It has a very faint, natural smell but I am not a huge fan of it (too weird smelling food on me), so I bought some jasmine oil and I mix just a few drops in and that's all it takes to overcome the scent! Once the baby is born, I will probably also use my neutrogena sesame oil again (been avoiding it now because of the parabens) but I will keep this in my routine as well forever. It's cheaper and I love how it makes my skin feel. I want to try it on my eyes and also on my hair, so I'm looking forward to how that works! Overall, love this product, will use it forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing. Avocado oil is wonderful for acne-prone skin as well as dry skin. It totally sinks in leaving no greasy residue. You wake up with beautiful, dewy and fresh skin. I have some acne hyperpigmentation so I'll be back to say whether it has worked at fading it for me or not. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I have used both the food grade version and Aura Cacia Brand. I love them both for using on my skin and in my hair. It has a light smell but nothing obnoxious or cloying. For my skin, I use it mainly on my body for moisturizing and it doesn't aggravate my eczema. My favorite method is to use it as a hot oil treatment or mixed with my conditioners and deep treatments for a boost in moisture and softness. It also help with shine without being greasy if you emulsify a bit in your palms and rub through your strands. I have also used a bit mixed with other oils although it works great on its own. I have never used it on my face but will have to see how that goes one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have really sensitive eyes - even Bioderma and Liz Earle which are supposedly 'gentle' make my eyes burn and sting and cry like crazy. Taking off eye makeup every day is a horrible, horrible task for me. The only thing that didn't irritate my eyes were Simple makeup wipes - but these aren't exactly price-friendly in the long-run or economical.

I've been trying to use more natural products recently and switched to a natural toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, and body wash. It's a process, but I'm finding it pays off. I picked up Avocado oil on a bit of a whim. I'd heard of the oil cleansing method, and know that oily eye makeup removers can break down makeup more easily than water-based cleansers. I haven't got the guts to try this on my face..but for removing eye makeup it is a dream. I take a pea-sized amount and just gently rub it all around my eye area, and in soft rolling movements run it down my lashes. Then I take a dry cotton ball and wipe around the eye area - everything is gone. It's truly amazing.

The best part is - no stinging! Yay! And no irritation. If I get this in my eyes it can make my vision a tad blurry for a minute - but this is the extent of any discomfort. It is all-natural and it's really good to know I'm not putting chemicals in or around my eyes (except for the eye makeup of course..but I'm working on it!).

I feel like it nourishes my eye area and conditions my eyelashes. If there is a little oily residue, I leave it on and it moisturises the eye area really well. I paid £7 for a 118ml bottle. I'm sure you can get this cheaper - but like I said I was in Holland and Barrett and bought it spontaneously and didn't shop around for prices. But I've used less than a quarter of the bottle using it almost every day for 2.5. months so price wise I think this is a winner. A small amount goes far. Highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by cyphadelic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only used this for 2 days and so far I really like it. Hopefully it doesn't break me out as my skin is sensitive. However, it has made my skin less oily and seemingly radiant. I have used it prior and after to applying my Finacea gel. I also used it on my eyes and eyelashes. At $3 at my local grocery store, I will continue to use unless is breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has become a new staple... I purchased at Marshalls in the food section (la tourangelle brand) for a ridiculously cheap price and never cooked w/it....I've used it for my scalp (I suffer from psoriasis on my scalp) and on my hair... and my hair has never been so soft and my scalp LOVES IT.. it doesn't smell (like the usual hair oils for scalp issues... rosemary, tea tree, lavender, jojoba and the worst neem oil) it has a mild scent but it fades, it washes out w/out having to wash 10 times, hands down it's my favorite for my hair and scalp. My skin loves it too... and NOT just my body. I use it after showering... it absorbs really quickly and doesn't leave any really greasy lingering feel... but softness - really this stuff is amazing how soft it leaves you/your hair. I've used it on my face as well... since adding it to my serum I haven't needed a moisturizer (it's the summer and I don't need as much to combat any dryness). My skin really glows as a result of this... so much in fact that after I used the bottle up... I actually went and purchased another at whole foods and paid FULL PRICE (which I just don't do hahah) because I haven't been able to find any more at marshalls or home goods (watch they'll have them next week... and if they do I'll stock up)! I would highly recommend trying this oil as an alternative to other natural/organic moisturizers. It's a powerhouse and you really can't go wrong w/it....

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough about Avocado Oil. I find myself using it for lots of things. I always buy the deep green unrefined raw oil from either soapgoods or mountainroseherbs and it is amazing stuff. The consistency is thicker than say, jojoba or olive oil so you don't need as much and unlike other oils, it absorbs right into the skin and quickly. (unless you slather on too much of course) I use it when blow drying my hair and it leaves it smooth and very soft, I also use it around my eyes to moisturize that area at night since I'm prone to dry skin and on my lashes as well as cooking with it on occasion. I use it to take off my makeup and on my skin in the winter time. Great for knees, elbows, and psoriasis and eczema. It has a mild fragrance that I like but even that fades pretty quickly. Can't go wrong with avocado oil, good stuff.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by emarti54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this oil is my number one absolute favorite. i have used many oils, coconut( does miracles for my hair but the smell makes me sick), sweet almond, jojoba, olive, among countless others, but this has to be on top of the list for overall best oil. I use it for everything! as my face and body moustirizer, add it to my conditioner for xtra nurturing, use it once a week as a hot oil hair treatment conbined with a couple drops of rosemary essential oil. I even use it as a sunburn reliever. Ladies i kid you not, i could easily be a stand in for one of the vampires in those twighlight movies, my skin even does that weird shimmery thing when i stand in the sun(very subtle of course, no need to go calling van helsing) and sometimes i get this massive sunburns that makes my skin start bubbling up(not a pretty sight), and this is what i use to get rid of it. After a shower, while my skin is still wet i generously apply the oil slighty heavyhandedly to my face and body and let it absorb for about 5 minutes, afterwards i rinse off with water, taking care to leave a tiny bit of oil on my skin, and air dry. next day my skin is at least 90 % better and i DO NOT peel at all. Seriously best oil for sunburt skin, and i find if i use it as a moustirizer a couple days before sun exposure i do not burn nearly as bad at all, maybe about 50% less than i normally would. It goes without saying of course, but do not put this oil while the sun is directly hitting your skin unless you want to fry up.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by AngelaE8654

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like many others, I too have been buying the most expensive facial anti aging products (we're talking over $100 an ounce) and nothing has worked like Avocado Oil. I have been TAKING Avocado Oil in capsules for many months now and last night I looked at those huge horse pills (great big softgels) and thought "why don't I cut one open and try it on my face?" My face has never felt or looked better. My skin is baby soft and glows. This moisturizes better than anything else I've ever tried. I purchased some more of the softgels from Swanson Health Products and ended up getting a 'buy one, get one free' deal. A bottle of 60 softgels costs $6.99 and I got TWO for that price. What a savings over the $100+ stuff I've been using.

Their Avocado Oil pills are Certified Organic Virgin Avocado Oil softgels. The green oil stuff. I decided to continue to use this on my face daily. I used it last night, this morning, and again tonight and my skin has never felt or looked better. I recently began using Retin A on my face and had some patchy flaky skin under my mouth. That is completely resolved now. Overnight, because of the Avocado Oil.

I had been using a primer under my makeup after applying my Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF-30 (I use the sunscreen because I am using Retin A) but this morning I didn't even need the primer at all! I put the Aveeno sunscreen on and my skin felt smooth and non greasy and I didn't need the primer. (I detest and do not use any foundations.) Avocado Oil is the way to go.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No