April 17, 2014 | 1417 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne Skin

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by pearlyriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Egg white mask is often used by Asian women to keep their skin tight and youthful-looking, and it leaves up to expectation. After washing your face with a gentle washcloth, whisk egg white until it becomes foamy and spread on your face. The whisking makes a difference to the texture of the egg white, making it easier to absorb into your skin. Add honey to soothe, olive oil to moisturize, grated cucumbers to refresh, a few drops of lemon juice to brighten your skin. For a better exfoliation effect, layer tissue papers on your face, wait until the mask is set and dry and peel it off. Just a quick note: an egg white may seem tiny, but it's more than enough to make at least three masks, so do it with your friends or reserve the leftover egg white and egg yolk for sandwich :D. As the case with many homemade natural masks, use it every week or every fortnight so that your skin doesn't get used to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this made my skin look irritated and red raw and gave me a few really nasty pimples! it has however made me realise i might have a mild egg allergy, i always remember if i ate too much egg as a child it gave me eczema and itchy skin, though i've always been able to eat it in moderation with no problems. just a warning for anyone who has ever experienced anything after eating eggs - Don't try this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

This is a great DIY mask that lightens your scars, tightens your skin, and soaks up the oil in your pores. The greatest benefit from this mask is, it makes you less oily if you use it every day! Like, you will get less oily during the day!

I only gave it a four because it takes forever to do! The easiest way to use this mask everyday is to buy pasteurized egg whites in a carton, then mix a little bit with pearl powder (for the healing and whitening properties) then spread it on your face. The egg whites are liquidy, which drips and makes a serious mess.

Also, as some reviewers have noted, it can sting. I think this happens when your skin is too dry, so only do it when you have really oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by thorgirl103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started doing this mask once a week about a month ago. I think it is really effective to get rid of little bumps and clogged pores. It also seems to have made cystic bumps go down much quicker. I used coffee filters rather than the tissues because the tissues seemed to simply dissolve for me. I didn't get the "fun" blackheads on the paper afterwards but my skin was still a lot smoother afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just used this tonight and regret ever trying it. My skin has been clear lately and I just got rid of a few big pimples I had on my face. I used the egg white with tissue paper like others did and peeled/rinsed it off when it dried. Now I have new pimples that have just popped out of nowhere all over my cheeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by aztecrose13

I love the egg mask! :) I've always had trouble with my pores and this really helps shrinks them! and your skin feels tight afterwards, If you have dry skin it's probably a good idea to apply a little bit of moisturizer, I have combination and I just see what my skin is like on the day and if it's drier I'll put a little on or if it's more oily i'll leave it it gets rid of some of the oil. My skin has been improving since I started using the mask, sure putting egg on your face is kind of gross, but it works! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by sarah666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Egg White & Tissues (Ya you saw it right!!)

I just tried egg whites with 2 ply tissue for pore clearing and black heads! OMG ...I saw my white heads and black heads on the tissue after I peeled it off my skin!!

Here's what you need

* Egg white
* 2 ply tissues (normal tissue would do too)

You whip the egg whites and then apply it on your face (leaving the under eye and mouth area). Then put pieces of tissues on the face and then apply the egg whites on the tissues.

Leave it on for 20 minutes and then peel off the tissue and you will get black heads and white heads on your tissue infront of your eyes!!

AMAZING

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by moh0802

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's so simple!! I have oily AND sensitive skin - I break out over anything and everything. I actually use this 2x a week, and my skin's never been better. I will usually add a little honey (just a small amount), because the honey brightens my skin as well. I happen to enjoy the way it feels on my skin when it's dry, and the smell isn't too off putting. Overall a great, inexpensive, and simple way to get your skin back to its naturally beautiful state.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by JenniVer01

The results of using this mask for the first time was fairly satisfying. My skin had a glow but just for a little while only.
I noticed that if I ever left the egg mask on for a long time, it would dry out my face rapidly and cause breakouts of small spots. Overall, I would only use this mask if I ran out of honey to brighten my skin. Just remember to apply moisturiser immediately after you wash off the mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by HoneyRoast

tried this after reading about it, and its a nice cheap mask :) not perfect but, cant complain in terms of price!