October 22, 2014 | 2094 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love using egg whites mixed in my mask. I like mixing with oatmeal and avocado. It gives me smoothness, moisturization, and exfoliation.

It is so cheap too. If you are feeling like trying something different, give it a go. It costs less than a dollar!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the whole egg beaten up, just as a heads up.

This is one of the few things that works and is simple and cheap. I've come to figure out that I can't use chemicals, and the first time I started using the egg mask, I was also using high percent BHA which made my problems worse. Even most sulfur treatments have alcohol and BHA and it doesn't help me. Egg has natural sulfur (which is why I use the yolk too). I have used this all over and as a spot treatment. It doesn't heal acne over night, but it reduces redness, prevents reinfection, and seems to shrink pores while not over drying. I really like it and have switched to more natural and gentle face care. One egg lasts a looonng time. I beat it and keep it in a container in the fridge. I would get rid of it before a week is up though, if you haven't finished it.

I also find that leaving it on too long is rather drying. Not really in the long term, but just that it gets so hard it can crack your face if you move. Once it's rinsed (which is kind of difficult to do) your face feels fine, but I notice I'm using it less and less as my skin clears. It's a great mask, but thankfully I'm not needing all over masks as often.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by tottie06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Try if you have excessively oily skin. The egg white (mask #1) draws the oils out, and the egg yolk (mask #2) moisturizes. Spread the egg white around your face in circular upward motions while being careful to avoid the eyes, mouth and nose. Leave each mask on for 15-30 minutes. Don't worry about it hardening. Mask #1: Break the egg white off of your face. Mask #2: Wash the egg yolk off with lukewarm water and pat dry. I have comb/oily skin, so I don't use the egg white that often, being that I do notice the oil reduction. It is the oils that keeps my 40 something skin looking young. This also firms the skin -face or otherwise! Use it on the back of the thighs to reduce the appearance of cellulite.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by pixiepooh

Waw that's what I can say.... I never thought that something as simple as egg white could do so much difference to my face. I noticed a big difference in the size of my pores after the first time I used this and I love it. I also like the fact that it helps with wrinkles :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by dsweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my!. After doing much research on simple , effective and cheap home remedies to help with the appearance of blackheads and all the uglyness that comes with it I tried this mask .At first I was skeptical since some claimed it did nothing for them. But when I washed that mask off I felt like God answered my prayers. I broke out into very bad acne this summer and going back to school with it would have crushed my spirit. I used the egg alone , if you haven't tried it , just do it maybe your one of the few it works .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by laylasat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think this is for me. The mask does nothing for my skin. I gave it 4 lippies because it might work for other people for me it doesn't do anything. it's not good or bad. So try it out for your self

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by MrsRoss23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ahh, egg whites. Ok, I've been doing this for about 7 months now. About every week. All I can say is it really works for my dry skin. I have pregnancy related acne right now and my skin is very sensitive but it works so good. My boyfriend even does it with me because he's seen the difference after I take it off. The only thing I have to do after is apply some extra virgin olive oil, (because of my dry skin)
Here's what I do,
I take 1 egg.
Crack the egg in half and deprecate the whites from the yolk back & forth in the egg shell, letting the egg whites fall into a clean bowl.
Then I take a fork and "fluff" the egg whites lol.
Then, once the egg whites are all foamy I just dip my fingers or a cotton ball in and rub it on my face. ( hands washed, of course..) lol then once I cover my whole face I take 2-ply toilet paper and rip a square in half lay it across my wet nose and lay the other half either in my chin or forehead. You can even put them on your cheeks or jawline ( wherever you break out) then I wait for about 30 minutes and wash off with warm water and wash my face. After my face is patted dry with a paper towel I put some extra virgin olive oil on my face and I'm good to go with soft skin. (: good luck everyone
& I'm not sure why there are so many reviews that are negative or with 1 or 2 lipsticks... Don't let the bad reviews spoil it for you, try it for yourself.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sometimes the best skin care items are the ones found in your own fridge. I read raves about using egg whites as a mask and this stuff actually works for me. (like anything else, YMMV, depending on your skin)

I gently pat the egg whites onto my skin and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing. My skin has a tightening feeling when I apply the egg whites and my pores do look smaller, at least temporarily.

I've been battling hormonal acne for the past 18 months and I still have yet to see any improvements but it maybe just a matter of time.

But overall, this is a great, inexpensive mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by jasminetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to see my mother doing egg whites masks and thought she was being silly, but I came across some Youtube viodes recommending this and gave it a shot. IT WORKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by meowkitties

I use egg whites on my face a couple times a week in the morning before/after my face wash. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, i know i should leave it longer but i get impatient. It definitely tightens up and tones the skin. It leaves my face feeling refreshed, tight and young.

I prefer using this natural remedy vs. a firming cream or serum that is filled with chemicals and sketchy ingredients, dyes and fragrances. Plus i've never seen a result from any firming cream but with egg whites, you feel the difference as soon as you rinse it off. It's like an instant face lift.