TheBalm Bahama Mama

4.2

Mica Ci 77019, Isoeicosane, Silica, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Bismuth Oxychloride Ci 77163.

on 5/6/2015 1:15:00 PM

Not a fan of the packaging because it can crack and break up too easily. I am a fan of this product though. It's a beautiful color, highly pigmented and great for contouring as well as bronzing because it's more of a matte finish instead of shimmery. Highly recommended.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For reference, NC15-NC20ish skin that's almost always spray-tanned to about NC30.
(This bronzer works beautifully for whichever shade I wake up with in the morning!)

Instant WIN from a bronzer connoisseur :)

I've been swiping all kinds of bronzers on my face for 10 or so years and this is a stand-out as 1 of my faves.

If contour is what you're looking for, this IMO is one of the more foolproof choices to play around with. Matte, brown bronzers can sometimes look ashy or dirty on the skin, but even with my heavy hand I have yet to encounter that problem.

-GORGEOUS color --> truly looks like you just got back from a sunny climate
-SLIMS the face so beautifully
-doesn't get patchy or break-up around oily or dry patches of my face
making it ideal for cheeks, forehead and all over contour
-plays well with other bronzer
-long lasting

I love the packaging. Initially concerned about the cardboard but honestly, it's pretty tough. I favor this type of packaging over Benefit's Hoola b/c I can fit my large EcoTools face/body sculpting brush in this one (gotta get that neck and décolletage..). I bought mine at Kohl's. (Would love it Ulta or Sephora would start carrying theBalm that way I could get my points!)

on 4/2/2015 2:54:00 AM

Instantly LOVED IT! Its a bit pricey for the little amount you get and the packaging could be better... but the product is amazing! My new favourite bronzer! Will definitely be purchasing again when it runs out!

on 3/4/2015 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First, I like how natural it looks on my skin tone. It's not dead matte. It really does give you the sun-kissed glow without the additional shimmer. It doesn't break me out (I have a very sensitive skin). Coverage is easy to control (I use my Charm Blush Brush) meaning you won't get that creepy brown lines on your face even if you're a first time user of a powder bronzer. For my case, it lasts the whole day of school (I live in a tropical country). It's cheaper compared to other brands like Bobbi Brown and Mac but still a tight competitor. I like the packaging cover/design but not the paper-like built of it. It feels like you're going to break it unintentionally anytime. I still gave the packaging a 4-star rating due to the inclusion of a compact mirror. I would definitely buy Bahama Mama again. This is highly recommended. With this price tag and quality, it's worth the try! *Main issue: rans out immediately, at least on our local makeup store*

Update: I just realized I gave this a 5-star for its price. I just found out it's cheaper here in the Philippines despite its $2 price increase this year. :))

on 2/26/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My HG bronzer for sure. This is a cooler toned brown so it actually works best (on me) as a contour. It looks natural and blends so easily into the skin. A little goes a long way with this as it is pretty pigmented.

The packaging is adorable too! :D

I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

on 2/22/2015 12:03:00 AM

I love the colour of this bronzer. It's not too dark or too light for my complexion, and I am light to medium. It might look muddy on paler skin tones though. I use this to contour/bronzer the face. I'm not a makeup artist so I don't look to much into how to use it. I simply just sweep it down my face in a 3-motion and leave it at that. If I really wanted a contoured look, then I'd use a darker colour eyeshadow to the Bahama Mama, to lightly contour the hollows of my cheeks.

For what it is, this bronzer is pigmented and long-lasting. It can be used as an eyeshadow as well, and it is an amazing warm transition colour. I also love the packaging because it's different from the usual plastic material. I recommend everyone give this a try!

on 1/20/2015 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

HG for contouring! This is by far the best used for contouring. It is a complete MUST-HAVE! I have yet to use it as an allover bronzer bc it is still too far away from spring/summer, and because I usually like to use a slightly shimmery bronzer for all over. This is very dark in the pan, but looks so natural on. It actually mimics the natural color of the shadows of my cheeks perfectly! It is very highly pigmented and requires a light hand. It is completely matte, the texture is silky, not chalky at all, and it stays all day. I don't get too much fallout when using either. I just tap my contour brush onto the product, apply, and blend out any harsh lines. This does require blending skills because of the color intensity. I absolutely love it and will definitely repurchase!!!

on 1/19/2015 11:38:00 PM

I am on my 2nd pan of this and my sister and I cannot get enough!
This is the only matte bronzer I use for contouring my cheekbones and forehead. It adds dimension without looking too dirty or muddy as many other bronzers do

I also use this as an eyeshadow in my crease when Im going for a easy going every day look

The bronzer comes in a little sleeve thing that I throw away the second I open it haha, and the actual little pan thing has like a magnet in it or something that helps it stay closed, so its very convenient and easy to travel with

I buy mine online or at Kohls

on 1/2/2015 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this bronzer every single day for almost a year and just recently hit pan on it. I use it as my contour product, and it needs a very light hand, but has great staying power and I would definitly repurchase. It is 7.08 grams, and seriously lasts forever. I do wish the packaging was slightly more solid. I don't take my makeup with me on the go so it doesn't make a huge difference for me, but I think if your on the go girl the magnetic piece wouldn't be enough to stop it from flopping open.

on 12/20/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

HG CONTOURING PRODUCT! I use it every time I contour and it's perfect for my nc20 skin. I don't like a subtle contour though, so keep in mind that it is quite intense. it is completely matte which is fantastic and it really does warm up my face if it's used as a bronzer

Top Rated TheBalm Products