Jane Iredale Handi Brush

4.9

Not tested on animals

on 4/26/2013 6:26:00 PM

Wonderful brush for mineral powder !!!!! Absolutely gentle feeling everyday!

started with Bobbi Brown 's mineral brush and ended up with big disappointment after days! did not have a lot of expectation for Hardi brush but was surprisingly pleased with the results.

on 4/25/2013 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hands down the best mineral foundation brush; really creates a flawless face. The animal hair bristles pick up so much more product than taklon or nylon bristles, which is thrifty. I thought the brush was a little scratchy when I first started using it because I was used to synthetic brushes, but now it's soft and fluffy. I'm seriously considering buying a second.

on 3/13/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Love this brush! hands down the best brush I have used for mineral makeup. I actually bought it off a review I read for mineral makeup on Amazon that suggested it. I use to use the BE kabuki brushes but they shed and deteriorate quickly after daily use and regular cleanings. I would have to always replace it every few months. This brush is a dream. Well made, quality bristles that don't shed, and does not deteriorate after cleanings! I usually clean my makeup brushes weekly. It also makes my mineral makeup go on so well and non-cakey.

It is a pricey brush that retails for $45. Trust me, I tried to find a website that sold it cheaper but couldn't find one...lol. Dermstore carries this brush for $45, but if you create and account and add it to your favorites you save 10% and shipping is always free!

on 3/9/2013 1:19:00 PM

Pros:
Grabs foundation evenly
Distributes evenly
Does not shed
Super soft
I've had it for more than 2 years and still in great condition

Cons:
Price

Recommended by the gal that matched my Jane Iredale Powder. I thought it was soft and applied nicely. I've had it for some time and I will repurchase if anything happened to it.

on 3/4/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

THE BEST!!!! for mineral powder or bronzer. this brush is very soft, amazingly and it works so well for loose powder and gives full coverage. easy grip, short handle -easy to maneuver. this is made from goat hair, natural. be careful when washing, i heard that the glue comes off easily. i have tried many brushes, this is hands down, THE BEST!!!!!

on 2/10/2013 11:55:00 AM

I bought this brush years ago and it's held up really well. I use it for any type of mineral foundation. The bristles are incredibly soft and any product gets evenly distributed. My only complaint is that it's hard to clean. I find I have to wash it with cleanser about 5 separate times to get out all of the powder that had settled deep down in the base of the brush.

I would purchase again if anything happened to this brush, but honestly it's lasted for so many years without a replacement that I see a repurchase only if I lost it and not due to wear and tear. Definitely worth the price tag when I factor how long I've had it!

on 2/3/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this brush! I use Colorescience pressed mineral powder, and I needed a brush to apply it with (don't ask why I was using a sponge to apply pressed powder LOL).

Anyways I believe it was around $40-50 at my local spa, yah pretty steep but it's well worth it.

It's soft on the face, applies just enough powder and washes well. It's far superior to Sephora's mineral power brush. The Handi is slightly bigger but not too big. I try to wash it every week but sometimes I get lazy. However when I do wash it I run it under warm water, then I put Dr. Bronners on my hand and swirl away and run under warm water until the residue disappears. I haven't had any bristles falling out except for one, but this was after many times of use. Other than that, a superb brush! I find that if you're using pressed powder, you should tap your brush into the powder, the swirl, then tap the excess off...if you keep tapping the excess off you'll still get powder onto the brush but the coverage will be very light and natural looking!

on 12/3/2012 3:24:00 PM

i love this brush. when i got the jane iredale pure pressed mineral foundation , i was just using my regular flat top brush thinking it would give the same results. then i decided to try out the brush. i was amazed about how soft the brush was and how well it picked up the mineral powder. it have me a very nice coverage and finish

on 11/17/2012 11:57:00 AM

I searched through tons of reviews on flat-top powder brushes, and based on the positive reviews here as well as on DermStore, I decided to cave. This brush is EXTREMELY expensive ($45), but does perform as intended. I use this to apply my JI PureMatte Finish Powder (amazing oil-control powder, by the way), and this does a great job. The bristles are soft enough to swirl the brush ends in the powder and not scratch your face, yet sturdy enough to hold all the particles. I gently sweep the brush over my face and the powder is evenly deposited. I had previously used MUF HD Kabuki Brush, and while this worked well, it also picked up way too many particles-- and because of the dome shape, half of the powder particles ended up in the air (for me to breathe in) and not on my face...big waste of product and bad for the lungs. On the contrary, this flat top brush deposits most all the powder on my face and very few particles escape into the air. There may be other great flat top powder brushes out there, but I am very pleased with this one so far (has held up for 4 months and weekly washings).
I liked this brush so much that I purchased JI's Retractable Handi Brush as well (a bit more expensive at $50) to keep in my purse for powder application. This has held up well so far! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure I will ever have to replace this brush..I bought it 7 years ago and, use it daily. There has never been any shedding at all..I purchased this from a shop here were I live. I don't and didn't pay any attention to the price the MUA used it on me. I believe it was definitely worth the $50.00. It is as soft as the day I bought it even after washing it 5-7 times a week..It works as wonderfully. This a purchase you will never regret .

Top Rated Jane Iredale Products