September 1, 2014 | 1012 users online

Lipstick - Korres - Mango Butter Lipstick in Natural Purple 25

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by carbs33

This gives a very nice natural color and looks very moisturizing on my lip when I first applied it, but the staying power is not very good that after two hours, my lips look dry. Oh well, because of the very nice color it gives, will just put a lip balm before and after.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by pupster

I bought the set of four lipsticks from Sephora which was a really good deal at $26, normally they retail for $18 each. The set contains this color and natural brown both nice YLBB shades and orange brown a nice light coral red and orange red, a deeper coral shade. The lipsticks are moisturizing and more like a gloss than a lipstick so they don't really last long. I actually bought the set because I wanted the two red shades, however, I find myself reaching more for the natural purple and natural brown shades. Whilst I love these lipsticks, I'm not sure I would repurchase because the price is pretty high for the texture. I paid $22 for a Lancome lipstick that stays on for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Deborah535

I just bought this as part of the Delight Your Lips set like several of the others. This one is definitely my favorite by far. It is the perfect everyday color. I love how glossy and conditioning it is with just the right amount of sheer color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful, sheer deep rose color lipstick. When I first put it on I immediately though "oh I like this." It goes on very smooth, almost like a lip gloss, and its very sheer, and somewhat buildable. It will never be super pigmented, but it can go from very sheer to somewhat sheer.

Other people said it looked berry on them, but it doesn't look berry on me, its definitely a sheer deep rose. It also has pretty decent staying power for being so sheer and moisturizing.

The smell is very fruity, which you can smell when you first put it on but dissipates pretty quickly. It doesn't have a taste.

I like the fact that it has SPF, but its only SPF 10. I prefer to have something higher than that for during the day. And I like the fact that Korres is more natural than other brands. Ingredients:
Active ingredients: Octinoxate (6%), Avobenzone (2%) Other ingredients: Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer (VP/Hexadecene Copolymer), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Ozokerite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Anise Alcohol, Aroma (Flavor), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Lecithin, Mangifera Indica Extract (Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract), Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, [+/- (May Contain) Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake, Red 7, Red 6), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

Got this in the Delight your Lips-4 mango lipsticks in earthy & warm tones (#36,25,47,52). Totally right up my ally!!!(yellow, NC30-35. Korres wild rose WRF3-fairly pigmented lips) These lippies are amazing! They smell delish, a somewhat faint fruity sweet smell. They are sheer, yet build-able and have a nice non-sticky glossy finish. They are also incredibly MOISTURIZING! I don't use any lip balm underneath and yet my lips are still kissably soft. Also the packaging is lovely. It has a snap lid so there's no chance of it slipping off. It's also kind of heavy as far as l/s goes as the case seems to be made of some metal. I personally enjoy the way it feels in my hand, though ymmv.
Don't let the color in the tube scare you with this one. It looks like it'd be super dark, but it's not. I promise! Once applied it gives me a nice warm berry/natural just bitten lip look. This is quite lovely. It's just deep enough where it's a lovely deep plummy shade, yet still VERY work safe. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by jilbur64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorite lipsticks ever. buildable color--can either be a slight tint or if applied heavily a natural but bright color. I believe the 'purple' description harkens to what I recall as a very similar product in clinique's 'Different' lipstick in Grape--but never mind, it's a perfect color in my view. Excellent conditioning, and stays on my lips--I can rub them together hours later and feel the smooth mango butter on them. Light, fruity sent. Just.Plain.Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by PennyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very nice lipstick in a natural and flattering colour. As the previous reviewers have noted, the colour is definitely not purple. On me, and depending on the light, it can appear either a slightly berry-ish, medium rose or a slightly brown-ish, warm, medium rose. In any case it looks very natural and I can wear it with almost any eyeshadow colour without feeling either overdone, or washed out.
It is also very moisturizing and I do not need to wear lipbalm to keep my lips soft. The scent is fruity, discreet and pleasant.
Overall, I cannot say it's THE perfect lipstick for me (hence the 4 lippies) but I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mylychee

I absolutely adore this hydrating and buttery soft lipstick. It's so conditioning and the hue is really more like a berry color than a purple. The packaging is pretty and the color lasts. I never thought of trying Korres before but it is a clean lipstick. I would definitely buy again. A great color for the winter days since it hydrates and gives a nice touch of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, very sheer lipstick that wears like a balm and looks like a gloss with understated shine. Has SPF 10, which is excellent. You do not need lip balm under this at all. Natural purple is more a light, rosy berry than a purple. Since the lipstick is so sheer, the color is very subtle, and reminds me of a mild berry version of Fresh's Rendezvous Point (which is more matte, and more of a traditional lipstick). An excellent spring/summer shade.