November 28, 2014 | 1980 users online

Powder - Coastal Scents - Silk Cover Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by swtie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered a sample of the honey glow and silk formula and all I can say is that I really love the silk formula. This formula covers really well and it does not make you face look cakey at all, even on my dry skin, it just gives your skin a natural and beautiful finish while providing great coverage. This is one of my favorite mineral make-up foundations along with Lumiere's Cashmere formula, however it is a bit more pricey compared to all the other mineral foundations. I used Light 1.2, which was a nearly perfect match for my Mac NC35 skin tone. I would definelty recommend this foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by tanni

Mineral makeup has always been a strange product for me. The powder never really sunk into my skin like so many said it did for them, despite coaxing it to by using various setting sprays. And on top of that, none of them really ever stood up well against oil or provided enough coverage for the acne scars on my skin, redness and large pores. Oh, and forget about any existing acne... So until now, I've stuck with my two favorite powder foundations (not mineral makeup powder) Mac Studio Fix and Shiseido Powder, and Shiseido Powdery which provided everything I needed.

But on a whim, I got a sample of Coastal Scent's Silk Cover Mineral Foundation, and wow. It truly is full coverage, doesn't need a whole lot of building it up for that full coverage, doesn't look powdery or obvious on and best of all... After I applied it and touched my skin, it felt like I had absolutely nothing on. And I'm not exaggerating; my skin just felt smooth and soft, just like it feels after I was and moisturize. That was very surprising to me.

The finish of the foundation is slightly... I don't want to say dewy, although that's what CS calls it. It's just glowy, I suppose. Makes your skin look very healthy and happy. ^_^

Currently I only have one sample that's in medium. It's not *quite* right for my skin; a little too neutral, but when I emailed CS (Coastal Scents) they told me medium 1.2 is warmer, so I'll be ordering a sample of that soon. So far, this is the only issue I have with my sample.

Oil control-- Controls oil very well; I was oil free for the vast majority of the day when I wore this. (and whenever I wear it) I'd say I probably get oily at around 3 pm after wearing it since 8 am. And even then, the oil isn't too much. In the past, I'd have problems with mmu actually drawing more oil out of my skin. Seemed so to me, anyway.

Dry flaky skin-- I've yet to come across a powder anything, whether it be foundation or just setting powder, that didn't accentuate dry flaky skin, and this mmu is no exception. However, if you use a good moisturizer or moisturizing primer underneath, you shouldn't run into any trouble with this mmu. (This is what I found to be the case.)

In general-- They have 7 shades to choose from, and $2 samples of each shade. For $21, you get 8 grams of product. On the website it says, "We have 7 shades available to choose from; all of these can be mixed together if you need to custom blend for your skin tone." I'm not exactly sure if they want you to buy two full sizes and mix them yourself, or if you put a note into your order and they'll mix up shades for you. When I update on my own search to find a good color match with this foundation, I'll update and clarify what they mean. I'd say, more than likely, they will mix it.

Ingredients List: Titanium Dioxide, Sericite, Iron Oxides, Rice Powder, Boron Nitride, Kaolin Clay, Mica,Ultramarine Blue continued >>

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No