January 25, 2015 | 1679 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 10:27:00 PM More reviews by bubbly_soaps

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, combination, sometimes acne-prone skin, and am always looking for products that don't trigger reactions. I purchased this product after getting my Color IQ done at Sephora (3Y05), and 120 Soft Sand is my perfect match. This foundation is fragrance-free, and is a relatively thin liquid, but gives pretty pigmented coverage. I use the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush to apply this in a circular motion, and the finish is smooth and natural. It evens out my skin tone without looking like cakey makeup. If you get the right colour, you can easily apply to uneven spots only without a noticeable difference between the covered parts and bare skin. Some foundations change colour on my face throughout the day, especially on oily parts, but this one never has.

The pump bottle keeps everything hygienic and easy to dispense the right amount, even if it's just a little bit for blemishes. This brand comes with a lot of shades, so I highly recommend the Color IQ, then getting the SA to help you with test patches in store, one shade lighter and darker, just to make sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Askellenbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful lightweight foundation.
I got this recently because I wanted a summer colour makeup to replace my NARS sheer glow in Fiji. It's super thin, but gives a nice coverage, wears well, doesn't seem to get shiny and looks good in pics.......but... I'd still go back to NARS in preference. The NARS has a beautiful way of reflecting the light which I find more flattering on me, I'd also use by terry densiliss for preference for better coverage. It's a beautiful makeup, I think I just like something more ' makeuppy' for me. It would suit girls who like Mac face and body or possibly the Armani luminous silk girls. My take? Great makeup, would definitely recommend it to someone who wants an ultra natural look. Makeup junkies- not so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MsMasala

I have medium skin with a mixture of yellow and pink undertones and surprsingly it's never been very easy to find a foundation that really matched without drowning out half of my color: but this foundatoin hits the mark and I have been hooked enough to purchase it several times. As a liquid it provides medium coverage and looks dewy and flawless in photo's (especially when applying a primer beforehand). It stays on all day and while it might feel a little heavy upon first applicatoin, it starts to feel lighter as the day progresses (and for me it does stay all day).

It is however a little on the expensive side, but so far I have yet to find a liquid foundation that matches what this one provides for me.

I would recommend to this to women who fall within the medium skintone spectrum.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by tab624

I have had this for less than a week and plan on returning. It made my face so greasy after just a few hours. It does look okay in a picture but in real life it looks pretty crappy and it did not cover my red marks from acne very well. I will be going back to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by TKhamvongsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin with normal to oily t-zone.

Pros:
-Looks amazing in photos!!!
-Medium to full coverage
-Hydrating for dry skin
-Does not accentuate dry skin at all
-Satin Matte finish
-Shade 118 matches me well

Cons:
-Feels heavy
-Looks amazing in photo but not as great in real life
-You'd still need a concealer for blemishes

This is an okay product, definitely a great product for photos/video (makes your skin looks flawless in photos/videos) - You can definitely find a better product for daily wear. I'd only use this if you plan on taking photos/videos.

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE F&B 32/ YSL TE BD50/ Chanel Vitalumiere in 010 Limpide/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120/ Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 53

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by clairewood

I have tried many foundations in my time and have been a MAC convert for years until I tried this product. This foundation is absolutely amazing and the colour match/texture and finished look is the best I have ever achieved. I use shade N117 in Marble which is similar to my MAC NC20-25. The finish with this product is amazing and I shall definitely continue to but this in the future. AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by allyreviewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this foundation for the past three years and I love it! However, I've really only tried maybe two other foundations so I don't have much to compare it too. Regardless, I get compliments on my skin all the time with this, and I think it looks very natural. It's not too full coverage, which is good for work. However, I think you could build up coverage easily. My only complaints are that my skin appears oily, but I do not think that's really due to the foundation. I have naturally oily skin, and this foundation doesn't make it worse, but it doesn't make it better either. Also, the top part to the packaging always cracks and the bottle is so messy to travel with. Otherwise everything is great and I will continue to re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Makeuphoarder22

Very saddened that this product was a dud. After a long time wanting this foundation I finally got my chance when the first ever sephora opened up in Sydney. Traveled 2 hours to buy all the things I see raved about that have never been available in Australia. This is defiantly one I wish I didn't buy. Goes patchy after a while, looks powdery? (No I didn't have any powder on). Broke me out, after only wearing this foundation twice so defiantly won't be touching it ever again. Feels tacky on the skin alllll day! Gives you that 'I need a shower' feeling. And I'm sorry but it does not photograph nicely. Only pro would be is that it's the perfect colour match for me and I've never found a more perfect match in other foundations. Damn

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

This was very hyped up a few years ago, especially for photos and weddings. Anytime I would walk into Sephora, this was the #1 recommended fndt. I remember thinking who would pay that much for a foundation. A few yrs later and more income to waste, i bit into the hype. Ive now had this for over a year and while i wear foundation fairly regularly, i don't use this much except to finish bottle, bc of price tag.
Its very natural looking and applies flawlessly. Love the pump, small amount comes out which is great. You can build coverage too. I dont have problem skin so not much to cover up.. My problem with this and reason its still sitting there and i wouldn't recommend is that any time i use it, i break out!! I do not have sensitive skin, i dont usually react strongly to new ingredients etc, but without fail, anytime i use this, i get random pimples. Glad it works for some people. I have to also give them credit for range of colors!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Sisi402

I heard a lot good things about this foundation , so i had to give it a try myself. i found it easy to apply ,i liked the look it gave my skin after applying but i notice that it didnt really cover a lot redness. I also notice that throughout the day that it didnt even seem like i had founcation on which would be a good and bad thing. But since i like having a flawless face .I dont think this foundation was for me.

Pro : - A lot color range