Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 2/9/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

for me it is not a full coverage foundation, it a medium to light, I love it for everyday it looks natural on the skin and doesn't emphasize dry patches it's not extremely long lasting on me but that could be duo to the humid climate I live in.

on 2/5/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For the quality of this brand I was expecting more. I read reviews on how this foundation covered well, but It didn't do that for me at all. It was not worth it for almost forty dollars. After a few hours of wearing it made my skin oily and greasy looking. The color worked great with my skin tone. I don't think this foundation is worth the big bucks.

on 2/5/2015 1:54:00 PM

I thought this was my holy grail foundation. Now ladies I am not a huge foundation wearer (if that's a word) lol however I like to make up my face every now and then. And when I purchase a foundation I like to get something that suites my needs. I thought this color was perfect however it does oxidize. I picked up N173 as of today I decided I am taking it back and getting another bottle of the new NARS foundation which is amazing. I found this MUFE foundation doesn't go hand in hand with my super oily skin. In conjunction with this foundation I used the MUFE primer and the translucent pressed powder to set it. This foundation literally slipped off my nose. Now I do wear glasses and have to push them up every now and then. But for this foundation to come off my entire nose that's a little weird. Blends perfect, but its not ideal for oily skin....Love that is comes with a pump if that helps lol.

on 2/3/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been trying so hard to find a really great foundation to stick to.

I have oily skin with a few red marks from past pimples, so it's hard for me to find a good foundation where it actually stays and DOESN'T look cakey while hiding my imperfections or accentuating any bumps/dents.

I heard many good things about this product, and my sister had it so I decided to give it a try.

APPLICATION: first I always apply my smashbox photo finish primer or givenchy mister mat primer after moisturizing. Now, to the application. it was soooo smooth. SO SMOOTH. I applied it with my fingers and it blended so well and easily.

COVERAGE: the coverage is light/medium, but very buildable WITHOUT GETTING CAKEY. I was so excited because when I covered my whole face with it, it looked so natural. Like it literally melted into my skin! My skin tone is NC30 and in this foundation I have the color N125. It was perfect for me.

Now I had a few doubts when I applied this foundation because I always apply powder afterwards and sometimes with the wrong foundation it tends to accentuate any nasty dents or bumps. I usually apply a corn starch infused powder into my skin after foundation because it's great for oil control all day and makes my skin look matte and flawless (with the right foundation of course).

MY SKIN LOOKED PERFECTLY FINE. I was so happy!! So smooth!

But DO KNOW THIS: because it is light/medium coverage, you will definitely need a concealer for under eye circles or anything dark. But, I still think this foundation is perfect nonetheless because it looks so natural. And feels very light.

Now, IS IT DURABLE? especially for oily skinned girls?? ANSWER: YEP. I mean, it is also cause I use primer and that corn starch powder but I think with the right powder/primer, it should last all day for you too. I mean if it lasted with my oily skin you should totally be okay.

I do wish it had SPF, but hey, I already apply an SPF lotion on my face anyway, so whatever.

For the price, it is pretty pricey, but absolutely worth it, and A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. Because it's very blendable. I would recommend this for everyone to just give it a shot. Just try it out!

on 1/31/2015 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure why I continue trying new products when I run out of my old stuff, even though the old stuff is far superior.

MUF HD has been praised everywhere so I bit the bullet and purchased it for $45 after tax at Sephora. I was very excited to use it with my Beauty Blender.

I used 2 pumps and I found that coverage is just non existent. This is probably phenomenal foundation for those who have no red spots, no acne, and no hyperpigmentation scarring. This literally didn't even cover the one blemish that I had. I even did two layers.

I set it with my MAC studio fix powder as I normally do and hours later I was an oil slick. This made my face SUPER greasy and disgusting. I would touch my face and my entire finger was covered in greasy residue. Luckily, I carry oil blotting papers with me for "just in case" days. I rarely ever use them. The days I wore this foundation the blotter was soaked with oil, and the paper became see through! Yuck.

I've worn it only twice, and I am breaking out EVERYWHERE. Chin, jawline, and clogged pores galore. Very disappointed in this product.

For reference, I was using Sephora Instant Radiance Foundation prior to MUF HD, and I find it far superior in coverage, oil control, doesn't cause acne, and it's 1/2 the price. I will be returning the MUF and going back to SIR.

on 1/28/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The colour I was matched too was far too orange for me! After an hour, I look like a grease ball. It creases easy and just looks terrible on my skin. Wouldn't purchase again. Overrated product and expensive!

on 1/24/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a 90% full bottle of MUFE HD Foundation in the Shade 123. It has neutral/slight yellow undertones, best for NC25-37 (I'm NC35). For me it's a bit too neutral and I prefer foundations with a yellower undertone (think Nars Stromboli). Let me know what you'd like to swap for it! I especially love makeup brushes, skin care items, or highlighters. Thanks! :)

on 1/21/2015 11:12:00 PM

This foundation looks great in pictures . However, not in real life! Wow, after reading everyone's review I now understand why I'm breaking out with cystic acne. I have had this foundation for about two months and have only used it three times however since the first time I used it I have been breaking out terribly. I couldn't quite figure out what it was but I did in fact noticed that it was every time after I use this foundation. I had perfectly clear nice beautiful radiant skin and now my face is full of scars. I will be returning this product and seeking a dermatologist. I prefer looking better in person than in pictures.

on 1/21/2015 2:57:00 PM

I had always wanted to try this foundation, but since it is so pricey I hesitated for a long time. However, I bought my first bottle in May and I fell in love. It goes on so beautifully and a little goes a long way (so it lasts a long time!) and looks so natural and not at all cakey. Also, a big plus is that it has a pump! I went away from it for a while after I ran out but a week ago I bought another bottle and it's safe to say I dont think I'm going to buy any other foundation than this one! It is my HG foundation and I would reccomend to anyone no matter what their skintone. Make up forever has a great selection of colors as well, perfect for any skintone!

on 1/15/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this foundation in 117 (Marble) for about 8 months now and can say it has achieved HG status. I have historically had dry skin that is now moving toward combination. I have serious issues with my skin being flaky and needing daily thorough exfoliation. It's hard for me to find foundations that don't sit on top of my skin and accentuate that. I have fair, neutral toned skin that has a tendency toward redness only on my face, and I rarely break out. Just a reference for my skin type for some context.

This foundation is amazing on my skin. It's medium coverage and seems to have some diffusing properties that really make your skin look even without looking caked in makeup. I apply it with a knockoff brand Beauty Blender I bought on amazon, which I highly recommend as well. 117 is a fair, slightly yellow-toned shade. This is great on me because it neutralizes the redness and makes my facial skin exactly the same color as the rest of my skin. Yay! Something that fixes my redness but doesn't turn me orange, yellow or green! A miracle! It also does not make me break out, but my skin is not particularly sensitive to breakouts.

I wish it was cheaper, but for being such an excellent product, I will continue to buy it no matter what. The packaging is fine - the pump has given me no issues. The black cap does fall off easily, even packed in a makeup bag where it's not getting jostled much. I haven't had any issues with the pump making a mess yet, though. It's also a pump that does give you a bit of control over how much product comes out. I usually use about 1.5 pumps for my face and blending into my neck.

I'd recommend doing some swatches on your skin yourself. I was matched at a Sephora and was recommended a pink-toned fair color because of my skin redness. I purchased it and it was AWFUL. I liked the texture and finish, so I exchanged it based on my experiences needing yellow tones, and this one is perfect. Lesson learned! Trust yourself first if you know what works on you and what doesn't!

Video Reviews & Tutorials