October 23, 2014 | 922 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by huntingjanuary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have re-bought this foundation so many times that I don't even have the heart to try others out there. This was the first foundation I tried as a 17 year old starting on proper make up and it still is the foundation of choice as a 20 something. It blends very well with my skin tone and does not give the cake effect some foundations tend to do. I've yet to find a foundation that does the job as well as this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My new HG foundation. I have had trouble finding a foundation that would match my NC/NW 20 skin. I loved Dior's Forever foundation, but the lightest color looked very orange on me. Resigned, I would time and time again revert to MUFE's HD foundation (#115), but was never quite in love with it. Shu's face architect combines the texture/feel/medium to full coverage that I loved in the aforementioned Dior with a color that suited my (I'm 365 in Face Architect).

Previous foundations I've tried include Estee Lauder double wear, MUFE HD 115, MAC, Dior Forever, Dior Nude, Dior Airflash. And out of all of those Shu Uemura is my favorite.

In terms of packaging, Face Architect is smaller than MUFE HD, but both contain 30ml of product.

Tip
    - Buy this from the website rather than in Holt Renfrew or other department stores. I went to HR to find a color match and bought it there. But it's cheaper from Shu's website and you get free shipping on orders over $50.

EDIT :
    I think I jumped the gun in my intial review, reviewing it after only a couple of days of use. After more use, I find this product to be very similar to Dior's Forever foundation (including the yellow underbase that tends to look totally orange on my face even when blended extremely well). One thing that I did not like about this foundation is that it seems to dry out my skin and makes it feel tight. That is the same thing that I did not like about EL's Double Wear. For those reasons, I will not be repurchasing this foundation and I have reduced the overall rating to 2/5 stars.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just an average product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by silverslytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is a perfect match to my skin tone (I use 774 light beige). It gives me a perfect, glossy finish that lasts about 4 - 5 hours. I do notice that the staying power isn't that strong, but it may be because I have been sweating under the sun. So far the foundation has not broken me out. And I am very satisfied with its texture and finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I love the packaging, colour range and ease of application, I was very disappointed with the lasting power of this foundation.

My red patches and blemishes start showing through within a couple of hours, and the foundation separates on my skin. I can't attribute this to a poor primer or setting powder, as they are fine with other foundations.

I have found this to be very similar to NARS Sheer Glow - the coverage is medium and buildable with a glowing semi-matte finish which looks fantastic at first, but sadly this does not last.

This foundation is pigmented enough to achieve sufficiently even coverage with only a thin and natural-looking layer, however there are plenty of other foundations which offer the same thing and last longer than a couple of hours. I would suggest Clarins Everlasting or Armani Luminous Silk over this, as the finish is similar but without separating and fading so quickly.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation surprised me because mainly, I never thought it will be this good after using their mousse which wasn't water resistant at all. What's more I tried a little pot of sample and I fell in love with it. I still love Lunasol but this is so good too! I'm using 564 and my skin colour is in between mac's 10 and 20. Applying this with their sponge is fabulous! Strongly recommend their sponge. For SG, the prices have also been revised from SGD 75 to 65 permanently :) stays on for more than half a day!

EDIT 14/6/2013: I still like the coverage of this product and the way it appears on photos but it seems that the colour is a little off (read: darker) on me now. I'm not too sure if it is due to the product oxidising or the religious use of sunscreen and whitening products :p either way, if I use it now, I will have to set it with a lighter powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by koya

I LOVE this foundation!
    I have a very pale skin (Scandinavian type) and matching a foundation has always been a real nightmare! everything was simply too dark on my skin... I tried Dior - their brightest shade is too dark for me plus the 'Diorskin Forever' dries my skin! I tried new Lancome make up- too heavy on my skin and sits in my pores making them even more visible! I tried Estee Lauder - too heavy and too dark...

My friend told me that she recommends Shu Uemura.. i went to test it. I loved the finish this make up gave me, and although I was matched wrong (774 shade, which left me yellow looking) I went back and asked the sales assistant to match me again, a shade brighter this time. I got 974 (Light Honey) and IT MATCHES ME beautifully! It creates a very blendable layer of coverage, which you can't see! It blends beautifully with my skin and doesn't sit in pores... My skin feels lovely and smooth, without dry cheeks and greasy T zone. It stays on my face all day long without re-touching. It's light to medium coverage so if you're looking for medium to full coverage, try 'smooth fit fluid foundation'.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by P2989

I bought this product after doing so much research online! I had heard of Shu uemura but you could only purchase it from London! I found it in Manchester Trafford centre at Selfridges!

I have very dry skin and it changes from time to time. I moisturize and hydrate my skin A LOT, before applying any makeup and the same once its wiped off! I use Bobbi Browns Hydrating cream and Intense Hydrating Night cream and they both work wonders! (for the first time in 3 years!!!!) along with E45!!!

In terms of make-up, I've tried MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Dior and to be brutally honest ...they're rubbish! It looks good when the counter assistant piles it on, but when u get home its a different story! Shu Uemura foundation, the UV mousse base and their little purple pump for concealing your dark circles is definitely the best I have ever tried! I prefer a flawless, natural yet full coverage and dewy look. This is the one! Personally I don't even think you need their loose powder. I still use my old powder - MAC mineralising powder and it does the same job! However, I don't think she gave me the right colour for the concealer pot (light-medium) BUT i warm it on the back of my hand and then mix with a little foundation and hey PRESTO, its my colour!

U don't have to use any make-up removers or oils or whatever they encourage you to buy.... its a waste...simply use a dampened (warm water) cotton pad and you can wipe it all off. Then wash ur face.

Final point - It all depends on your skin condition underneath. If it isn't good then your make-up won't look good and won't look like it gives full coverage at all, even when it is. After 3 years of looking after my skin, going to the steam room/sauna, sweating at the gym, my skin is FLAWLESS without makeup. However, due to my medical condition I always need something to cover up the red areas under my eyes and this does the job perfectly!

Good, but have to say...it is PRICEY!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by ccyjojo

I personally using Make Up For Ever(HD) foundation for over 2 years. However, my girl friend recommend me to try Shu Smoothing Foundation. First time when the sales girl put on the foundation on my skin, i can feel tight and firming on my skin... this product amazing. I been using so many difference brand before this is my first time to feel that skin care effect inside of Shu Uemura Foundation. I am totally fall in love with this. Now i am using there new Smoothing fit foundation 554... love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by sugahunni

Love this foundation! I picked it up in Japan on a recent trip as I was my MAC Pro Longwear (NC20) was not doing well with the colder temperature there.
    It goes on smoothly, has no smell, and is buildable. I use the Shu Uemura makeup sponges to dab this on, and the finish is beautiful. I feel like its also very hydrating on my dehydrated skin.
    My only problem with the foundation is that it requires a touchup after lunch (even with primer underneath) and it doesn't do so well in the heat either.
    I was matched to 764, though I feel I could go a shade darker for a better match.