October 24, 2014 | 1862 users online

Treatments (Face) - Natura Bisse - GlycoLine Glyco Extreme Peel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Ladies and gents, you can buy Glycolic acid peel kits in many different strengths all day long from Makeup Artists Choice for a less than a third of what you pay for this stuff AND you get 2 full ounces. There is absolutely nothing in this product that can make it worth 225.00..... Just sayin. And no, I do not work for the website. I am a consumer who hates to see companies ripping people off for their high dollar "miracle" products when you can get the same thing in a less fancy bottle for a fraction of the price

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Update 11/18: I dropped my rating from 5 to 1 because of the price. It's pure robbery to charge this much for so little. I'm using MUAC 50% glycolic peel with good results for a wee fraction of the ridiculous price of this. Save your $ and go with MUAC. Remember also, buy the appropriate strength for your skin. Don't be one of those idiots with dry or normal skin who over do it w/ a high % peel! Start low & go up.
This is the best mask/peel I've ever used!! That being said, I'm on a mission to find something as good (or at least pretty close) but is MUCH cheaper. I received some samples (each packet is .05 oz) and I got two applications from each. I guess you could get a years use out of a 1 oz. bottle, but the price of approx $225+ is a stretch. Ok, enough about the price-
The peel is clear and thick like honey. And sticky. The first time I left it one 15 minutes. After washing it off I couldn't believe how smooth & silky my skin felt. Some clogged pores had popped up & I was able to clear them out very easily. The next morning two zits that were beginning to crop up on my chin had reduced by about 90%! By the end of the day they were gone. Excellent! The second time I used it I had great results as well. Once again it sent some angry pimples packing! Very impressive. The 3rd time I lost track of time & left it on too long; about 30 minutes. The next day my skin was a little dry, but not too bad.
This really is a great peel. I just can't justify paying that much- the ingredients just can't cost that much! It just seems greedy of the company to price their products this high. I'm trying the Ren Glycolactic peel next.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by dysphoricmango

Let me start off by saying that I've been afraid to leave the house since high school sans makeup because of the scars I've had from picking at blackheads and whiteheads. I've been scouring different makeup counters ever since then to find a solution. I read about the glyco peel and I finally caved in and purchased it despite the $225 price tag.....THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. During my visit to Natura Bisse at Neiman Marcus, the esthetician took me into their spa room and gave me a 30 minute facial to gauge whether the 25% or 60% glyco peel would be better for me. When I left, my skin was glowing..... I wasn't even embarassed to take the subway back home without any makeup at all. You're supposed to use this 2x a week for 6 weeks...then take a 6 weeks off before starting the process again if you want. While you're using this peel, DO NOT use any other products with glycolic acid or your skin is not going to be able to handle it. I've been following the directions of the esthetician, and the results are AMAZING. I've never had such beautiful skin before...I also feel that the peel is detoxifying my skin because the whiteheads are coming to the surface. I've learned my lesson so I haven't been picking at them anymore.... which is also furthering my results...I love wrapping a hot mask around my face after I wash this peel off....It's a 15 minute facial with AMAZING results.... Would recommend this to anyone...but please go into the store before you buy this so they can test your skin to determine whether the 60% Glyco Extreme Peel will be too harsh for you.

Edit: I still love this stuff, but as a broke grad student, it's the either the peel or one month's groceries. I started looking for alternatives and found some glycolic acid solutions on Ebay at varying percentages. I bought the 60% glycolic acid solution because the Extreme Peel is 60%. It cost about 10 dollars, shipping included. I know buying off Ebay wasn't the safest or the best decision but I have to say, the results are pretty much the same at A HUGE fraction of the price. The only caveat is that the Ebay stuff feels a lot harsher on your skin so I wash it off after 2-5 minutes...The Extreme Peel doesn't sting as much and I keep it on for as long as I want -- the esthetician doing my Natura Bisse facial at Neiman Marcus says that the peel stops working after 10 minutes so it doesn't really matter if you keep it on. However, I don't think that's the case with the glycolic solution off Ebay -- it just feels a lot harsher. If you decide to try the cheaper alternative, make sure you do a patch test beneath your neck. An esthetician once told me that you should see it reacting with your skin right away if your skin is too sensitive for it.

All in all, I'd totally purchase the Natura Bisse Extreme Peel if I had the money lying around, but I'm going to use the cheap stuff for awhile until I have more funds to splurge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by vickypollard

I just tried this peel the other day and I am really impressed! I have used the 25% and 50% versions which I like, but this Extreme Peel is fantastic. I didn't experience much irritation, in fact I felt less than with the 50% peel. Anyway, the exfoliating properties of this product are quite good. My skin felt like satin after use and the clarity of my skin was also improved. The only thing I dislike is the consistency. It's thicker than the 25% and 50% peels and does not spread as easily so I needed more than the 14 pumps worth of product to completely saturate my face and neck. It really doesn't matter as I truly like the product and will continue to use it. I am getting quite lazy these days, so I rarely use any sort of scrub anymore. It's easier to throw one of these peels on for 15 minutes and let the chemicals do the work. LOL!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by im2gd24gt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have used almost all the acid products out there. When I read about this one, I thought well....what could it hurt to try it. I went to Neimans to actually buy the 50% (the glyco peeling plus), but the SA said they don't make it anymore. It was replaced by the Extreme. I'm thinking they make more money on this version!! But what can I say, I love it!! I tried the MUA 65% lactic acid and it always made me peel for days on end. This is much milder, but just as effective I think. I purchased this along with the oxygen cream and have been loving them. I'm sure when I run out, I will be forced to drag myself back to Neimans and shell out the cash for more of this wonder product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

My friend gave me a sample of this and I've been using it for the past month. When first applied it stings but it subsides. I've been using it primarily to fade an acne scar on the side of my face but it doesn't see to have faded at all. My skin seems to be slightly clearer and smoother, but I won't be buying this after I finish my sample because it's too rich for my blood.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by ninajolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. It has completely turned my skin around. I used to have problems with flaky skin, irritation and spots and have always had lots of sensitivity to other new products. Because of this I was hesitant to try the peel. I saw immediate results after my first peel and 2 months down the line it is as if I have new skin.It has not caused any adverse reaction, my spots and flakiness have cleared up. Highly recommended by me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by babymatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

.im still very young so i dont have many wrinkles however i had lots of discoloration, acne, acne scaring, combination of oily and dry skin. i bought this from bergdorgoodman and it cost me $225 well this was well worth it because it lasted me almost 2 years. i too got compliments on my skin and thought it was just due to my change in diet but when i tried to diet without my retouch of this my skin just did not feel the same until i realized that this was what was causing my skin to get back that plumped bright look. i just purchased my next one today and already with just one use i see a difference,

if anyone who uses this thinks its causing you to break out, its really just peeling the top layers off your skin exposing, old pimples, blackheads and other impurities.

i just have one question, does anybody use this everday, can i use this everday if so will you please email me and let me know, thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

One of the most amazing, skin-changing products I have ever tried - and I tried a lot. I have oily, acneic, and very sensitive skin that is also displaying some signs of aging at this point. Basically, dealing with my skin has always been a struggle. However, once in a while I find products that make amazing difference and Glyco Extreme Peel by Natura Bisse is one of them. This baby just clears everything up, dissolves those blackheads, clears out the pores, brightens, plumps and tightens the skin. I look like I had a facial in a matter of half an hour (for that price, I try to keep the peel on my face longer then recommended and my skin can take it). It cleared up my skin in a matter of two weeks - blackhead, whiteheads and even ingrown hairs in my eyebrow area are all gone. Price is steep, no doubt about it, but it is cheaper then professional peels (that do not give me the same amazing result) and cheaper then a facial. In this case, you get what you pay for. Amazing, amazing product. The combo of this peel, Clarisonic and SKII skincare is giving me wonderful, baby-smooth and clear skin - and I never thought I'd say it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by christinamariewright

This is a dual review for the NB Glyco Extreme Peel and the NB Oxygen Complex Cream.

These two products have been life changing for me! i know that sounds drastic, but the reality is, my results were drastic. I don't even remember how i randomly came across the reviews in pville, but i'm sure glad i did. i was overwhelmed by the amount of good reviews on these two and i was extremely curious, though i was a bit turned off by the price. so, i did what i always do when something seems a bit steep and i'm not sure it will give me the results that it claims to -- i went to Ebay! on ebay i found numerous listings for both of these in lots of sample packs. i ordered enough of the O2 complex. cream and the Glyco Extreme Peel to last me for 6 weeks, which i felt was an adequate amount of time to decide how i felt about the product. Around the same time i also started using the OCM (i swear by that as well), and i think the combo of the cleansing, treatment and peel is definintely to thank for my results.

When i ordered these I was having terrible terrible hormonal breakouts on the daily....deep cystic hormonal zits that would hurt like hell, refuse to go away, and refuse to be hidden or camoflauged no matter what i tried. i had great skin all my life so this was a real shot to my ego and self esteem so after a few months of dealing with this, i was really distraught. the OCM, NB O2 Complex, and NB Glyco Extreme Peel changed this completely and then some!

Almost immediately (easily within the first week), the hormonal acne stopped...completely stopped. The next thing i noticed was how great my skin looked -- the tone, the radience, vibrancy, firmness -- all of it improved beyond my wildest dreams. Shortly thereafter i noticed that my old acne scars were fading and disappearing as well!! These products were a God sent!! Prior to using this combo of products, i would read other reviews on products where people would swear a serum or treatment or mask was HG, that it changed their life, that b/c of this product they didn't even have to wear foundation anymore....and when i read these reviews, i thought "bull sh*t" because even imaging my skin on its best day still required foundation. not anymore. i'm one of those people now that i thought were full of sh*t. i have never in my life (not even as a teenager) seen my skin as beautiful as it is now. i still get the occasional small zit here and there but they go away a lot quicker, scar far less often and hurt a whole lot less than before.

I will never be without these products again. Ever. Period. I strongly urge anyone who is looking for some products to transform their skin to look into these!!! Do as i did, and test it out w/ some samples on ebay and decide from there. Soooo worth it!!

For reference, i use the O2 Complex Cream in the am and pm, directly following the OCM. i take a very small amount (you really do not need a lot -- i can make a single sample packet last through 4-6 uses) and massage it into my skin until i can feel it being absorbed and sink in. This isn't greasy or anything like that. it's lightly moisturizing but i still use another moisturizer w/ spf. the Glyco Extreme Peel i use exactly as directed...2x a week (for the 1st 6 weeks)..i'm on week 5 now i believe and after i finish up my 6 weeks i will reduce it to 1x a week for upkeep. i simply rub a small amount around my face, concentrating on my big problem areas (again, you only need a little bit - i can make sample pack of this last 2-3 uses as well). on occasion, when i have an open zit (yes, from picking) it will burn for a split second but then it immediately goes away -- it doesn't burn at all like other products i've used. then i rinse it off with a warm washcloth and follow w/ the O2 Complex Cream. Very simple...not time consuming...and as i've said, the results are beyond amazing. i love this stuff!!! <3