July 26, 2014 | 1356 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Cococare - 100% Cocoa Butter Stick - The Yellow Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by rainbowj63

This is an unbelievable little product, wont be without it, have spent hundreds on skincare and tried everything this is a constant go to must have, got it for less than a £ from I herb a brilliant site, have one in my bag by the side of my bed, great for lips, all over the face, overnight my skin feels so soft, great for nails, cuticles and rubbed into your hair when your ends are dry. Smells divine soooo edible, what a wonderful natural little product to slip into your routine. Fav product of all time out of all the myriad of products I have bought over the years. Bought loads for my family ...... try it!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't know what other people are talking about when it comes to all the packaging problems they're having, but I haven't had any. The packaging isn't flimsy. I don't have problems getting the lid off. The product doesn't move all around inside the tube. So I don't know. Maybe I was lucky not to get a defective one?
Anyway, I use this on my face around my nose and under my eyes for extra moisturizing. I really like it. It is hard, but for what I use it for, that's a good thing because that makes it easier to get a thin application and not apply too much. I also like the smell. I want to use it on my stretch marks too, but just haven't gotten around to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I went to four stores and could not locate the Palmer's Swivel Stick, so I caved and bought this thing, which had been staring at me mockingly at each empty shelf I found. Immediately, I didn't like that it could be opened in store...I checked through them, some were depleted, some beaten up, I found a decent one. This smells like chocolate, is hard but can be softened with the heat of your skin. This packaging is an abomination. They would have been better off just throwing the product in a zip lock bag. The cap destroys the product, the tube is too loose so the product moves around, and the cap is flat out hard to remove without cutting the butter or getting your hands nasty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Cococare's 100% Cocoa Butter stick is what it says it is: cocoa butter, in a yellow tube that you push up. The tube itself is quite flimsy. It's not my favorite stick packaging because it tends to fall apart in my purse. Because it's totally cocoa butter, the stick itself is initially rock hard. I rub it on my hand, roll it between my palms, or run it under hot water to soften the cocoa butter a bit, and then it's a little more workable. Cocoa butter works really well for moisturizing my dry hands and on scars. I even use it to moisturize my neck. It's a little dry and hard still for my lips. The best part, though, is that it smells exactly like a candy bar. I wish all cocoa butter products smelled exactly like this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im using this all over my face at bedtime for marks/shallow acne scars/uneven skin tone. my complexion looks so much healthier and glowy. my skin tone is looking more even and smooth.also i had a couple of pimples that went away without leaving a mark like they usually do.100% cocoa butter is very hard and hard to scoop out of a jar. thats why i love the fact that this in stick form.its so much easier to apply. i just wet my face with warm water and then glide the stick all over my face.i've seen this stuff around for years and never thought to try it.cant believe that i've spent ridiculous amounts of money on creams that were suppose to lighten marks,even out skin tone, bring out radiance etc when the solution to my problems has been right in front of my eyes for less than 3 dollars!! i have very sensitive skin and this hasnt caused any breakouts or irritation. i also use cococare lip balm which makes my lips look so supple and glossy. my lips no longer get chapped like they did before. im now in love with cocoa butter! if you are going to use cocoa butter for your face, i'd recommend 100% cocoa butter. some of those cocoa butter creams are loaded with irritating ingredients.

UPDATE: after a while, this started causing HUGE breakouts. great stuff though, wish i could have continued using it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Iím surprised at how different Queen Heleneís 100% cocoa butter is from Cococareís100% cocoa butter.
I got the Cococare from walgreens for 59c because they are not going to carry it in the store any longer, and the Queen Helene was from the dollar general for just over a buck.
The first thing I noticed was the smell was different on them, with queen heleneís smelling stronger, which I donít get since they are supposed to be the same thingÖ
Cococare seems to be a little harder than the qhís and it seems much better for skin than for lips as its not to moisturizing or long lasting on the lips, I still have my favorites for lips that these canít replace,lol :)

I can easily use both on my face, hands, cuticles, wherever, and they will sink in, but I usually use it lips or dry spots.
Qhís goes on a little smoother, and melts faster, with cococareís I feel like I have to rub it more, or on my hand to start up the melting.

I would definitely keep buying the queen helene one since cococare isnít being sold at the walgreens by me anymore.

the packaging cracks, and when its near the bottom, its just awkward to try and use it by shoving your finger up its hole! lol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by hlh25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This yellow cocoa butter stick helped me through a bad stretch-mark situation back when I was recovering from anorexia and gaining weight. I developed reddish-purple stretch marks along the tops of my thighs and breasts, so I decided to try a cococare stick I found at CVS. Within a month of applying the cocoa butter to them daily after a shower, they were barely visible. The price was dirt cheap, about $2 for a tube that lasts for months. The only negative is that the butter is in a solid form, so it takes a little rubbing and body heat to get it to slide over your skin. I'll definitely purchase it again when I find new stretch marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by girlwithcurioushair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this for maybe two dollars at Wal-Mart. I had been using Aura Cacia pure cocoa butter some scars that I got on my back and arms in an ATV accident. The stick seems to have slighty lower-quality cocoa butter than the jar of Aura Cacia, but it still has that delicious smell and is vastly easier to use. Pure cocoa butter has a really hard texture that flakes when you try to scoop it or break it. It does melt very slowly at body temperature, so you can just rub the end of the stick until it melts enough to glide along your skin. No flakes, no getting cocoa butter stuck under your nails and you can massage your scar while you apply it. It helps fade scars about as well as anything else I've tried. The key to really rub whatever you use into the scar to break up the fibrous tissue.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

Good, natural but hard

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This is a great cocoa butter stick you can apply to stretch marks or other small areas of the skin. It might be a little too sticky for larger areas, although you could probably warm it in your hands for a little bit to make it spread easier. Only 99 cents at Walgreen's. Great deal. It smells really good too.