September 1, 2014 | 1068 users online

Scrubs - Sukin - Revitalising Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Wrenfly

I suffered from a really bad breakout, nothing was clearing it up, every morning I woke up with new marks, it was horrible. I used the Neutrogena Grapefruit scrub in an attempt to clear it, after using it twice I suffered a bad reaction, something that has never happened to me before. My skin was red, itchy, dry and scaly and VERY sensitive. Even Garnier products, which were my usual products were doing nothing but aggravating my reaction.

I was so scared to put anything on my skin, but I knew if I didn't wash my face my breakout would only get worse. So, I made the switch to all natural ingrediants, sea salt toners and witchhazel...but there's not a lot of organic face washes on the market and I didn't want to just use honey or oatmeal.

I'd used Sukin face masque's, deodorant etc and after coming across the facial scrub and reading the ingredients list I fell in love. Not only is this scrub great smelling and gentle (much more gentle than other scrubs I've used like St Ives and Nivea) but it doesn't dry your skin out or make it feel tight afterwards. Your face feels moisturised but also clean and fresh, almost like you don't need to use anything else after.

AND it's almost completely cleared up my bad breakout without any recurrence. I can't rave about this product enough, including the entire Sukin range. It's just wonderful! Everyone should try this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by wanice18

I find it difficult to find scrubs that exfoliate but not excessively. I am prone to mild eczema on my face, and I am always wasting money and time trying to find a gentle scrub that does its job without inflaming my skin. This scrub was perfect, it exfoliated perfectly, and didn't make my skin feel tight, dry and red.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by asw37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this scrub when I was going through a natural and organic phase last year. It doesn't exfoliate my skin as I would like it to- it has a strange and gloopy texture that doesn't rinse well and seems to leave some kind of film on my skin.

It is cheap however, about $12NZD, so won't break the bank, but it doesn't work for me. Also the cap on the tube broke pretty quickly.

After persisting for about 5 months I gave up. It wasn't the right kind of scrub for me. While it felt like it didn't scrub very well and left residue, my poor skin was sore and dehydrated after my dogged determination to only use natural and organic products.

It may work well for some, and as everyone's different plenty of people might like it, but it wasn't for me. While I like the fact it's natural and isn't tested on, nor contains any animal ingredients, it just didn't give my skin any positive results. Of course the concept of the natural product did!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by chewmybubblegumpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i choose this scrub since it was a natural product and ive tried other products from this range.
I found that it does a really good job at removing all the dead skin cells and it doesnt even dry out my skin, which was surprising as i do have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use neutrogena... why, I have no idea. I guess I wanted something cheap, but couldn't find a natural alternative to use that was also the same quality and same price.

Well, Sukin provides a product that is all natural, with some organic ingredients, and isn't harsh on my skin. Their packaging is recyclable, and is biodegradable. I pay about 10 dollars for it from health food stores (but it is available in priceline now :) )

The scrub is creamy, and gentle. You don't need to scrub your skin hard (you shouldn't be anyway) to get results. It's a little coarser than the old scrubs I've used, but it also doesn't dry out my skin or damage it. Great product for a great price. Who knew natural, effective skin care could be so amazing. My beauty therapist friend swears by this brand. And, now that I've used it... I do too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by margiemoo

I have repurchased this scrub about 3 or 4 times now as it is a solid performer for the price tag. I can't say I know of any other organic, carbon neutral brand that sells such nice products at this price point. Definitely filling a gap in the market. The scrub smells pretty much like every other Sukin product, it has that vanilla, tangerine/ mandarin fragrance, which I really like. It's not very pronounced but it makes scrubbing much more enjoyable. It is quite creamy and the scrubby particles are from walnut shells and bamboo extract, which make it a little harsh in my opinion but it does the job. The packaging is nothing to look at so I never get very excited when repurchasing this as to me, skincare is a ritual that lets me relax and it makes me feel good about myself. This doesn't really contribute to that. I buy it in Australia where it's widely available for about $10 or I order online which is a bit cheaper, $7 or $8 depending on the exchange rate (healthpost.co.nz). Overall, it is cheap and cheerful scrub, which you really cannot fault for the price. When I feel like spending a bit more, however, this usually plays second fiddle to something like Ren's jojoba scrub or Pevonia Botanica's gentle rose-scented one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this, love, love, love it. Gentle, creamy, caring, gorgeous scent, totally natural ingredients, leaves my skin smooth and soft, just the right amount of scrubbiness - not too harsh, australian made and all for a great price. BUY IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by NicoleMD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the entire Sukin range. The scrub especially! Im in NZ so the normal size is around $12.00..
Sukin contains only lovely natural ingredients and the webiste says it is carbon neutral.
Please MakeupAlley make Sukin a registerd product. The world needs to know about this stuf!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by freeangelgal_0707

Nice Scrub that does not feel rough when used, Great for daily used and comes with a beautiful scent. Why not TRY it?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by gerrylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Creamy scrub with just the right amount of particles. I use it every other night and skip moisturiser. I usually only have mineral powder on my face so I don't even bother with a cleanser first. Just the scrub. It really works and I would use it all over my body if I could only afford it!