Sonia Kashuk Highlighting Brush

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this brush for stippling on my foundation since it gives me an airbrushed look. This is comparable to the MAC stippling brush in my opinion. This brush is fantastic because it has never shed on me! I haven't tried this brush for cream blush because I feel like the brush head is too big to fit on my cheeks. Nevertheless, this is a fantastic brush for foundation! 5/5 Stars

on 11/5/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this brush because I need one like it and because of the great reviews. It doesn't work for me. I bought it to apply my more pigmented blushes, like Tarte AC in Natural Beauty. It gives a splotchy application and feels rough against my skin. I'm not wearing highlighters right now because I'm doing a matte makeup look for cooler weather, but I'll reuse this brush when I use highlighter, hopefully with a better result. I would not repurchase this. I have an "emergency" backup brush I bought at the grocery store for a few dollars several years ago, and it applies my Tarte AC blush better than this. I will not repurchase, even if it works better with highlighers.

on 8/28/2011 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this after reading a bunch of positive reviews on it. Mine does shed from time to time during the actual application and it is scratchy against my skin. It however hasn't shed during washes yet. I'm still unsure as to whether or not I like it. I use it when my other brushes are dirty...however I don't think I'll repurchase it.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is overall an ok brush. It is pretty soft but it does shed a lot. Like five or six hairs during one use.

on 7/31/2011 11:58:00 AM

I love this brush. I use it to apply my foundation, as a stippling brush, and I wash it every time I use it. The first time I used it, it did shed on my face, but after that it only sheds every once in a while as I'm washing it, and I wash it a lot. It's now my favorite brush.

on 7/17/2011 2:27:00 PM

I bought this brush on a whim, and I have to say that I'm actually quite satisfied. I've used a few Sonia Kashuk brushes in the past, and was not very impressed by them, but this was a pleasant surprise. The bristles are soft, flexible, and in my experience, do not break off during use, or feel scratchy on my face. When washed gently with Sephora's brush shampoo, again, there was no loss of fibers, or breakage-- it held up well. I've tested this brush in several ways, using it for blush, highlighter, bronzer, and foundation. It works like a dream with my MUFE HD foundation using the stipple and swirl method, and makes my skin look flawless. It's alright for blush and highlighter, but the size of the brush can be problematic and make blush look like a rash if not applied carefully. Bronzer, however, is a different story. I have one particular MAC blush/bronzer that I was about ready to give up on, as application was so difficult, and often ended up making me look orange and yucky. I used this brush with it, however, and it worked perfectly! That's a hard thing to achieve with my fair skin : ) If you have a few dollars laying around, I'd suggest picking up this brush. It's a good value, and the quality is great for the price. I'm thinking about picking up another!

on 6/26/2011 6:20:00 PM

I absolutely am in love with this brush. It is super soft, which is really great for my sensitive skin, and it blends flawlessly. I don't think I'll ever go back to my old foundation brush again! Price is reasonable as well.

on 5/9/2011 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this brush on ebay as it's an American brand that you cannot buy over here in the UK & i paid around 5.99 for it- the first time i used it , i was dissapointed as it left the hairs on my face. I feel this brush when you first use it may shred alittle but don't let that put you off because it is a great brush when you get the hang of it- i love the white handle too- its a nice change from the standard black ones that most companies make (Mac,Sigma) i would definatley repurchase this but i don't think i will need to for awhile!

on 4/30/2011 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was lemming this for so long and was able to swap for one as there were none in my area. I was somewhat disappointed...the bristles are kind I'd scratchy, it sheds on my face so I have little black bits all over my face, my fdtn looks streaky and powder is too powdery ugh. These suck. Try the black handled sk brushes, they are so much better!

on 4/27/2011 7:35:00 PM

I bought this brush because I needed a stippling brush and didn't want to fork up the cash for the MAC 187 and this brush got pretty good reviews. I think that it works fairly well, but it does shed. Sometimes I find stray hairs on my face which gets fairly annoying. However, it doesn't shed so much that it would deter me from buying this product again. I do think that the brush hair aren't dense enough for foundation, but I will continue using as such until I can buy myself a MAC 187. Once I get that 187, i'll use this brush for highlighting which is what it was meant for. Packaging sucks because people can just open it and use it. One of the brushes at Target was already opened and was extremely dirty as if someone had tried to use it at the store. Definitely not sanitary!

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products