OPI Curry Up Don't Be Late

3.8

on 12/16/2008 3:54:00 PM

This has to be the most unique polish shade I own. It's kind of jolie-laide. Sometimes it's gorgeous, sometimes kind of, odd, not really ugly, but definitely different. So far I've only worn it as a mani, but it could definitely be a pedi shade. It's so unusual, I wanted it for a very long time, and I am an definitely not disappointed, I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This color wasn't as pretty on my hands as i thought it would be. The golden tone in the bottle translated into a garish yellow gold tone on my nails. I do like this color on my toes though. I guess the search continues for a pretty gold color i can wear on my hands.

on 9/21/2008 8:44:00 PM

I thought this was a pretty nice color. It's not my favorite OPI polish but I like it. It's a pretty gold color. Looks great as a pedicure!

This was one of the two colors that ended being a "must have" for me.
It's a gorgeous color all by itself. It reminds me of the vibrant metallic gold detailing found in Indian clothing and architecture.
I do think that it looks best paired with other colors, though. I enjoy pairing it with I'm India Mood For Love. Just paint over the moons of the nails with Curry Up Don't Be Late, and apply the other color on the tips -- both colors compliment each other in a quite a bold and beautiful way.

on 8/1/2008 5:41:00 PM

I, too, am a cool fair, and I've only worn this color once so far, but I'm not as convinced as many of the others here with similar coloring. Maybe I'll try it as a pedi color instead of the mani color I did use.

I mean, I don't hate it by any stretch, but I'm just not sure it was all that flattering. I mean, I loved looking at my nails for the color alone, but looking at the big picture (nails on MY hand).... I dunno.

So no, while *I* wouldn't choose this color again for myself, it is beautiful -- I would think it to be better on someone who is darker.... HTH someone! ? !

on 7/31/2008 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love OPI polishes (great non-streaky, quick drying, long lasting formula) and was on a quest to find a few "unique" colours to round out my collection of mostly reds, pinks, sheers, and neutrals. This is a yellow gold... sheer after one coat but pretty opaque after two... looks very similar to the colour in the actual bottle. It's so pretty in the sunlight - very shimmery!! It's not a bronzey bright gold, which is good for me, because I have fair cool-toned skin and probably wouldn't suit me if it were any darker and warmer-toned.

on 6/18/2008 11:20:00 AM

Although I do like this polish it's not at all what I expected it to be. I ordered it on the internet and the difference in the colour on screen and in the bottle was quite marked - much stronger colour on the screen. By the time it's transferred to the nails it has become even more watered down - even after 2 or 3 coats. It's not a strong yellow gold, more a light pearly creamy yellow. Quite pleasant but not as outrageious as I had thought!
The usual good quality OPI polish otherwise - goes on easily with the extra wide brush which is so much easier than those skinny little things that other makes provide. You don't get as many ridges in the finished result. Lasts at least 3 days before it begins to chip . (with Seche Vite topcoat).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I had better success in the application process with this than I did with OPI She's Golden. This statement would more or less be a testimony on how the new formula is and varies between colors. It still took 3 coats to get bottle color, but I still find it semi-opaque. It's more of a shimmer than a metallic finish, and seems like the less bolder version of OPI Symphony in Gold. With SiG, I got bottle color in 2 coats & the finish was more metallic.

While I was not immediately wowed with CUDBL (and I love gold polishes) after about a day and in different lightings I found it complimentary to my skintone. I also added a gold glitter topcoat after a few days and it looked just like an old dc'ed China Glaze polish that I own. I may also add that all of these combined (including my fave Orly bonder & Sec N Dry) lasted about 10 days before chipping into ruination.

Will I repurchase it? I might. The price point on this? Higher than in should be that's why I say I might.

on 5/17/2008 10:27:00 AM

In my search for the perfect gold toe polish, this one rates a maybe. It's a very yellow gold and brightly shimmering. In the sun it's almost blinding. A bit too frosty & yellow for my taste, but still attractive. On balance I think I prefer OPI Golden Rules, which is more green/antique gold but more discreet.

Trying Lippmann Nefertiti next....

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of the first colors I coveted from the India collection. Finally bought it and tried it...not so sure about it. After giving myself a day or two of wear...I fell in love. I seriously couldn't stop looking at my hands. Recieved compliments on the color. A lovely muted gold with shimmer. Not brassy or bronze...but a color you would definitely notice. Superb wear. Rave!

Popular Polishes