Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, LEcithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus, Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, dimethiconol, dimethicone, Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PHenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain , -: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This pressed powder is great for me as everyday, work-appropriate makeup. I bought it as a replacement for my beloved Physicians Formula organic wear (discontinued, waaah), and it's a great product. I apply it to my normal/oily T-zone face after sunscreen and concealer go on, and I use the Sephora mineral powder brush (which is awesome, forget that crappy little pad in the package): I use circular buffing motions on my cheeks and pressing motions on my T-zone. It doesn't cause any breakouts or make my face itch, which some powders can. I use Light, and although it's just a tad too light for my NW25 skin, it works fine: the next darker color looks weirdly grayish in the packaging so I'm not getting that. This powder doesn't provide a lot of coverage (which is fine with me; if I were going for coverage I'd use a liquid foundation), and the staying power is enough to get me through an 8-hour workday and then some. I do use the UD setting spray, which I highly recommend to tone down the powdery look, and it also seems to help keep it on my skin. I think the plastic packaging feels cheap and bulky, but I can live with it. There is more powder in the compact than you think; it lasted me at least 5-6 months with 5x/week use. I've repurchased this powder twice already and will continue to do so.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I am an NC42, and I chose medium-deep which was the darkest color on the display. So far I'm impressed. The color match is just about perfect, and it provides the matte finish I require. Doesn't have a scent, and it's reasonably priced. I got this at CVS for $2 after the Revlon coupon and the ECB reward.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

pretty decent powder. Its not full coverage but i only need it to set my foundation, which is full coverage. the color happens to be just right and this last me a long time. dont care for the bulky package but its ok. will buy again if i dont decide to try something else.

Love this Powder, it's really the best powder i've tried in a long time ! It's not cakey, it feels very firm on the skin and is very skin tone friendly, Price is reasonable and i just love how it feels on my skin! Very good powder, I buy it ALL the time, highly recommend this product !!!

This is a pretty good powder. Its got light coverage and it takes away any shine on my face. I really like how smooth it is and it goes on really silky. The coverage is buildable a little bit to about medium coverage but otherwise this only gives light coverage. I also like that there is no perfume (fragrance) in it :) I might buy again if I run out but it depends, I like trying new things and this isnt HG for me. I would like something with more coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate to give the bad review here but this powder didnt help me with my shiny nose at all. I miss my dream-matte-powder. :( I used this as set powder over the Mufe duo matte but it didn't last, couple hrs later I have to blot/retouch so...keep looking.

I love this pressed powder. Its hard finding a powder that controls oil and keeps a matte finish for hours. I love it and will continue to buy it. Plus it doesn't look cakey at all when I use this.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought this product about half a year ago and when i first attempted to use it, it broke me out badly (considering how i have acne-prone, combination skin). I started using it again for the past two weeks with my etude house CC cream and dermablend foundation in sand beige and it works very well! I have not broken out and to be honest, i feel as though my acne has decreased along with its scars. The powder works well as a veil and i noticed that my T-zone can get oily after 4 hours, but after doing some touch ups its alright again. I wish the packaging could of been done better as i don't find the point of having the mirror right infront of the powder if its just going to be stained by it and the sponge applicator is just decent and not too great. I usually use a powder brush for the powder. I would definitely recommend this as a finishing layer of your make up and would repurchase this when i run out!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not holy grail, but it's pretty good for a powder. This is NOT a powder foundation. Do not confuse the two. It offers sheer to very light coverage so if you have a lot of redness or skin issues this will not cover that but it never claimed that it would. Whenever I've used heavy powder or liquid foundations I always feel like my face is smothered, and when the oil comes through (and it always does) it looks awful and patchy. This offers pretty good oil control, better than most actually but eventually oil does come through and when it does, this having such a light coverage it doesn't look unnatural. This is very comparable to MAC blot powder in my opinion. I don't use this for a full face of makeup. I mean really? They want us to use serum, moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation, powder, setting spray. I use moisturizer and a few swipes of this and it works just fine. Stop wasting your money and let your skin breathe!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I find this powder a bit expensive for what it is. I got this in Light and it is a good colour, but it definitely doesn't last all day. I wouldn't buy it again, because I think my mineral powder is okay on its own afterall, but I'll use up what I have because I'm cheap like that. I put a bit over everything after applying mineral powder and keep it for touch-ups. It isn't bad, but isn't great, either. It didn't break me out, so far.
The main thing I like is the matte finish, and the coverage is buildable and full.