Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride

on 6/13/2014 9:49:00 PM

This is a pretty good powder. Its got light coverage and it takes away any shine on my face. I really like how smooth it is and it goes on really silky. The coverage is buildable a little bit to about medium coverage but otherwise this only gives light coverage. I also like that there is no perfume (fragrance) in it :) I might buy again if I run out but it depends, I like trying new things and this isnt HG for me. I would like something with more coverage.

on 6/6/2014 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate to give the bad review here but this powder didnt help me with my shiny nose at all. I miss my dream-matte-powder. :( I used this as set powder over the Mufe duo matte but it didn't last, couple hrs later I have to blot/retouch so...keep looking.

on 5/22/2014 1:03:00 AM

I love this pressed powder. Its hard finding a powder that controls oil and keeps a matte finish for hours. I love it and will continue to buy it. Plus it doesn't look cakey at all when I use this.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought this product about half a year ago and when i first attempted to use it, it broke me out badly (considering how i have acne-prone, combination skin). I started using it again for the past two weeks with my etude house CC cream and dermablend foundation in sand beige and it works very well! I have not broken out and to be honest, i feel as though my acne has decreased along with its scars. The powder works well as a veil and i noticed that my T-zone can get oily after 4 hours, but after doing some touch ups its alright again. I wish the packaging could of been done better as i don't find the point of having the mirror right infront of the powder if its just going to be stained by it and the sponge applicator is just decent and not too great. I usually use a powder brush for the powder. I would definitely recommend this as a finishing layer of your make up and would repurchase this when i run out!

on 5/13/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not holy grail, but it's pretty good for a powder. This is NOT a powder foundation. Do not confuse the two. It offers sheer to very light coverage so if you have a lot of redness or skin issues this will not cover that but it never claimed that it would. Whenever I've used heavy powder or liquid foundations I always feel like my face is smothered, and when the oil comes through (and it always does) it looks awful and patchy. This offers pretty good oil control, better than most actually but eventually oil does come through and when it does, this having such a light coverage it doesn't look unnatural. This is very comparable to MAC blot powder in my opinion. I don't use this for a full face of makeup. I mean really? They want us to use serum, moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation, powder, setting spray. I use moisturizer and a few swipes of this and it works just fine. Stop wasting your money and let your skin breathe!

on 5/12/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I find this powder a bit expensive for what it is. I got this in Light and it is a good colour, but it definitely doesn't last all day. I wouldn't buy it again, because I think my mineral powder is okay on its own afterall, but I'll use up what I have because I'm cheap like that. I put a bit over everything after applying mineral powder and keep it for touch-ups. It isn't bad, but isn't great, either. It didn't break me out, so far.
The main thing I like is the matte finish, and the coverage is buildable and full.

on 4/6/2014 5:08:00 PM

It blends nicely with my skin tone and the coverage is decent. But go lightly when putting on or it might appear a little cakey. I got it for about $10 but its worth it!

on 4/5/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Cons- very little product, bad coverage, no staying power, very expensive for the little amount of product you get.

Pros- doesn't break me out.

on 2/18/2014 3:24:00 AM

I got the shade Light Medium for my neutral to warm, NC20 complexion and the shade is perfect.

I bought this because I was sick of carrying around my large Laura Mercier powder and wanted something small/compact.

I like how this powder is light, doesn't cake, and the shade is not too warm (which is important for my neutral complexion).

I'm not sure if I would buy it again but it serves its purpose.

on 12/13/2013 3:33:00 AM

Gives zero coverage and makes me look all chalky and pale