December 21, 2014 | 911 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaddictt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about half a year ago and when i first attempted to use it, it broke me out badly (considering how i have acne-prone, combination skin). I started using it again for the past two weeks with my etude house CC cream and dermablend foundation in sand beige and it works very well! I have not broken out and to be honest, i feel as though my acne has decreased along with its scars. The powder works well as a veil and i noticed that my T-zone can get oily after 4 hours, but after doing some touch ups its alright again. I wish the packaging could of been done better as i don't find the point of having the mirror right infront of the powder if its just going to be stained by it and the sponge applicator is just decent and not too great. I usually use a powder brush for the powder. I would definitely recommend this as a finishing layer of your make up and would repurchase this when i run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not holy grail, but it's pretty good for a powder. This is NOT a powder foundation. Do not confuse the two. It offers sheer to very light coverage so if you have a lot of redness or skin issues this will not cover that but it never claimed that it would. Whenever I've used heavy powder or liquid foundations I always feel like my face is smothered, and when the oil comes through (and it always does) it looks awful and patchy. This offers pretty good oil control, better than most actually but eventually oil does come through and when it does, this having such a light coverage it doesn't look unnatural. This is very comparable to MAC blot powder in my opinion. I don't use this for a full face of makeup. I mean really? They want us to use serum, moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation, powder, setting spray. I use moisturizer and a few swipes of this and it works just fine. Stop wasting your money and let your skin breathe!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by racheldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this powder a bit expensive for what it is. I got this in Light and it is a good colour, but it definitely doesn't last all day. I wouldn't buy it again, because I think my mineral powder is okay on its own afterall, but I'll use up what I have because I'm cheap like that. I put a bit over everything after applying mineral powder and keep it for touch-ups. It isn't bad, but isn't great, either. It didn't break me out, so far.
The main thing I like is the matte finish, and the coverage is buildable and full.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Karmstar

It blends nicely with my skin tone and the coverage is decent. But go lightly when putting on or it might appear a little cakey. I got it for about $10 but its worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cons- very little product, bad coverage, no staying power, very expensive for the little amount of product you get.

Pros- doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My experience with this powder has been positive. I always make sure I have an extra one. I use the shade translucent which has been really good with my pale skin, but caution is advised even for the fairest skintone because it can look really white and obvious, sort of chalky TBH, and can cake into fine lines, if you're not careful especially when using a puff. With a brush it is easy to blend to a natural finish and it sets each of my foundations well. It evens out my skintone somewhat and overall betters the look of the condition of my very troublesome, bad skin. Depending on which foundation I've used, touchups are necessary sometimes but for the most part this keeps my makeup in place and matte for the better part of the day. As with all makeup, it comes down a lot to your preference. I prefer super matte makeup so this for me is a hit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

I got the shade Light Medium for my neutral to warm, NC20 complexion and the shade is perfect.

I bought this because I was sick of carrying around my large Laura Mercier powder and wanted something small/compact.

I like how this powder is light, doesn't cake, and the shade is not too warm (which is important for my neutral complexion).

I'm not sure if I would buy it again but it serves its purpose.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

Gives zero coverage and makes me look all chalky and pale

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like to use products in the same line so when I started using Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation I decided to try this powder. I was not impressed by it. Alone it provides a very light decent coverage but when paired with foundation it looks very cakey and unnatural. I switched to a translucent powder and prefer that over this. If you're looking for a good setting powder with color try Maybelline Dream Matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder is a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, it is super light weight, very reasonably priced, looks great when first applied and doesn't break me out at all. On the other, it definitely doesn't last longer than about 2-3 hours max and doesn't stop my combo skin from looking like an oil slick after just a few hours.

Revlon's Colorstay oily-combo foundation is my holy grail foundation. I love it and I will probably use it forever, no matter how good my skin looks underneath (and my skin has improved since using it). So I gave this powder a try in hopes that it would be of similar quality...but it isn't. I simply don't have time to reapply my powder (and then blush/bronzer) several times a day.

I would recommend this product for skin on the normal/dry side. It is light and non-irritating, so it should work better for you. Be careful when selecting your color, though...they run on the lighter side and the selection is very limited. I'm a C4 in MAC and the light medium was a tad bit too light, but the medium made me look too pasty, so I stuck with the lighter shade.