July 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Fragrances - GAP Beauty - Grass

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's back. I first smelled Grass in the 90's when the GAP first brought out four fragrances, Grass being one of them. I remember being intrigued by it, first because it smelled so good, and secondly because it seemed so different than anything I was surrounded by at that time, which was mostly heavy florals and sweeter scents. Since then I have regretted not buying it and have considered spending money on eBay to get my hands on a bottle. Having checked MUA on a whim, I got wind that Grass was back in stores and went to my local Gap the very next day!
Grass is the best grass scent I have ever smelled, with Bath & Body Works Green Clover and Aloe coming in close second. GAP's Grass smells like clean and breezy green grass with that perfect amount of sweet grassy-ness and fresh air. In the store they had small bottles of body splash for 4.99 and larger bottles and then they had the EDT. All of them smelled great. If you hate the scent of grass, stay away from this but if you're like me and love that scent, this might be HG status for you. I love the way this scent fades and becomes softer and a tad sweeter, but not candy or foody sweet, but more of an herbal sweet. Just a fab scent creation all around as far as I'm concerned. I'm SOOOOO glad they brought this back. I am going to guess it has made a lot of people happy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by deeHowe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many other reviewers here, I too wore grass religiously through the 90's. When it was discontinued I bought three bottles, which I used up in less than a year...

I have not tried the new release; from what others are writing, it does not sound like a re-formulation, which is good news.

Grass, as I remember it, is mowing the lawn on a bright sunny day while a sprinkler is going in another part of the yard. Trouble is, it lasts only a few moments and requires re-application almost constantly if you want to keep that bright-grassy note.

It's a must-try, at the very least.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by g60girl

Yay!! Grass is back!!! I wore this years and years ago and it was discontinued. Imagine my happiness when I wandered into Gap and found beautiful new bottles of this available for only $24 in a nice glass bottle. HAPPINESS! I sprayed myself several times. Here is the funny part, I am giving it to my hubby to give me for Christmas. I didn't want to wait until then so i bought a little $5 bottle of the Grass body spray to get me through until then hehe. I can't stop smelling myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This sounds strange, but I stopped at the Gap on the way home from a funeral and bought a very small bottle of "Grass" for about 5.00. I sprayed myself with it at the store because it couldn't get that funeral home "bouquet" out of my nose. It really reminded me of that god-awful Malle Une Fleur de Cassie stuff and was starting to make me feel queasy. Gap Grass did the trick! I told you this sounded strange. Nothing special, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These Gap fragrances take me right back to college when they first came out. It's such a nice trip down memory lane. Anyway, Grass was never my favorite of the lot (Earth and Om were the best on me), but it would always smell very nice when someone around me sprayed it. Now recently I was at a Gap outlet and found Grass and Om edt sprays there for sale. Of course I had to buy them! They still smell the same to me. Grass opens with a slightly sweet clean leafy scent. Then it turns into a soft skin scent. The drydown is the best for me, it turns into the best clean white musk, kind of similar to Jovan's white musk, but much softer. Overall I'm glad I got this! Lasting power about 4 hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by UrbanSkies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE!! Great price ($24 for 100 ml!), nice bottle, and the juice smells like a grassy field full of blooming clover. It also reminds me of sweet pea flowers -- clean, fresh, sweet, and optimistic. It's much more floral than one might expect from the name, although the grass aspect is there as well. There's a bit of a muskiness in the drydown. It's both fresh and surprisingly complex for a fragrance of this price. Much better than Demeter Grass any day! I just can't get enough of this smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by NWBecca

I wandered into a Gap yesterday because I heard that they brought back Grass and a few other scents. Oh....to echo practically all the other reviews, what an instant transport back to middle school! I was such a tomboy then and really unsure about makeup, fragrance, hair, etc. My mom hated perfume so I had to beg for a tiny bottle of this in the old cool metal container for Christmas. I would barely even wear it, but I would spray it in my room and I just LOVED it. Revisiting it, it has the exact same opening qualities that I remember and adored--that sweet fresh-cut clover grass mixed with a rain shower. The drydown is more musky than I remember (well I probably never even smelled the drydown as a teen because I wouldn't wear it directly on my skin.) If I could change anything, it would be to prolong the opening of this fragrance. But the stuff is so inexpensive that I can spray away. My husband doesn't like this. If nothing's changed, then my family still hates it. It's not in any way a fabulous niche scent. But I love love love this and will stock up if they ever d/c again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by WallaWallaIsForLovers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first perfume ever. I love this so much and I would never swap it for anything. It really does smell like a mowed lawn in a good way, and thats why it's not for everyone. THIS SMELLS SO GOOD! I bought it at the Gap Outlet when I was in Philly for 14.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh how I love this perfume. Hands down, my all-time favorite. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can beat this fresh, clean, sweet, delicious, fresh-cut-grass-on-a-summer-day SPECTACULAR fragrance. I have a bottle that I use like, twice a year so as to preserve it, I wish Gap hadn't discontinued this. It's good to know that you can still find it, and if I ever do, I'll buy up as much as I possibly can.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by truffle_me

Oh lordy, this smells like a soccer field full of cute boys, and there you are, sixteen, secretly watching them during drills on the girl's field hockey field. I swear you can smell the dirt that the grass is growing in and the rainstorm that will be rolling in soon. Evocative and affecting. Of course, I actually did wear this when I was sixteen and secretly watching the boys on the soccer field during field hockey drills, so I WOULD think it was evocative, but whatever...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No