December 22, 2014 | 1447 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Thena

Such a lovely soap. It is not harsh on the skin, and I do not feel it strips my first layer of my skin like some commercial soaps do. I like the scent as well, very mild and traditional. I have decided to switch to soaps from gels completely because they travel better, last longer, and usually do not contain SLS. I got the 100g bar for 3 Euros in France, and it is worth it since it will last awhile. I can't imagine how long the 250 would last me since a little daily soap can go a long way. Recommended for drier skin types for those who want to use traditional bar soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by akc5219

I love this soap! I always buy the big honking bar, for $10.00 it's a way better value than it's smaller counterpart. I love the smell, oh the smell!! It's wonderful. I love how it foams and lathers, it's so luxurious! It cleans my body perfectly without stripping. I'm on my 20th (or something close to it) bar, and a bar lasts for ever!! I never let myself run out because other soaps just don't measure up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful soap. I started with the Mistral Shea Butter Soaps but I tired of the fragrances they had. I wanted something completely neutral. This L'Occitane soap seems to be just about the same as the Mistral soaps in its cleansing and moisturizing properties, but there is little scent to bother me.

I've used many bars of this. It lasts about 5 weeks with daily heavy use. I could even use it on my sensitive, dryness prone legs.

I've since switched to using Kiss My Face Unscented Moisture Shave for my legs, but my L'Occitane remains in the shower for body use.

Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that I have very dry, sensitive body skin. My face is combination, to the dry side, also sensitive, with an occasional every other month minor break out (a pimple or so) but clog prone.

This is a very gentle bar of soap. I used it on my body, the scent while in the shower was very "soapy" then it disappeared completely. Left my skin more moisturised than the average shower gel. Was just ok.

Then I decided I could try it on my face (since it is marketed as a face bar also), after the cleansing oil I use (MAC or L'occitane or mix of olive and castor oil). For the first 3 days it was all good. But afterwards it clogged my face and gave me breakouts!!!!! Never again.

Just think twice before you decide to use it on your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Aviolet

For years, I used Shea soaps before switching to Philosophy. Recently, I opened a Cinnamon Orange Shea Soap that I had saved. It smells wonderfully and is very soft and gentle on my skin! It's appealing because it doesn't contain numerous mystery chemicals that nobody knows the origins of. Most other body washes need a pronounciation guide to assist decoding the ingredients list.

Even though I like and have enjoyed the many shea soaps I've tried, I won't purchase another because the $7 price tag for the small size bar is ridiculous! Also, unlike the 3-in-1s I use, the shea soap makes my tub slippery, making me paranoid I'm going to slip and bonk my head!
L'occitane has many great products, I love. Others are worth the price.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by hadeutsch

It's so so. I don't thik it so good but it smells ok. With this smell, it waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by RachaelNW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is easily one of the best products I have ever used. It makes a wonderful lather for shaving my legs, and my skin has been softer and more moisturised since I started using it.

The best thing, though, is when I started using it to clean my face (morning and night) when I forgot my cleanser away on holiday. I now have clear skin! Like, completely clear! I am in awe...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Sheep73

There's no getting away from it, this soap is expensive. Very much so. But they are so hard milled that they last ages, many times longer than cheaper soaps, so that softens the blow of the expense a bit!

I have these in Milk, Verbena, Lavender and Cinnamon Orange and adore them all. I've never been one for using soap in the bath or shower, but I use these because they don't dry my skin. I even use it on my face occasionally.

I like the way the soap stays hard and clean to the last little sliver and doesn't make a horrible slimy mess on the sink like cheaper soaps.

Despite the high price, these soaps clean well, smell good and last a very very long time. To me - they're worth the cost.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Glitzee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a small bar of the Milk variety when I was staying at a lodge a few months back, and I just got around to trying it. I'm now wishing I had unwrapped it earlier-- the soap is that good! It leaves my sensitive/dry skin feeling clean but not parched. The "feel" of the soap is very nice, and the scent is mild. I like the lather too. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Vegalyn

This is a great natural product. Classic, non-drying, great smell and economical. I love the fact that this soap doesn't leave a layer on your skin after rince with water, and yet it's not drying on the skin after you shower or bath. The Milk bar is my favourite in all l'Occitane soaps. This soap also lasts for ages, very economical every day product to keep in the bathroom. Will definitely stay loyal to it.