September 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Fragrances - Gale Hayman - Delicious Cotton Candy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I've worn this fragrance for a few days now, and I must say I'm very impressed with it. It's smells deliciously sweet and not overbearing. It smells of fresh warm cotton candy first, then a few minutes later I get a licorice scent, which isn't terrible because I really like licorice, and I think it makes this particular fragrance unique. The cotton candy scent lasts the whole time, it's just not as powerful as it is at first spray. I get a few fruity notes, but they are very faint and just kind of compliment the sweetness of the cotton candy, not make it stronger and annoying. Another thing that makes it different is it doesn't have that burnt sugar smell like so many others. The silliage (sp?) is amazing. I can smell this stuff on me for hours (granted I don't do a whole lot of heavy activity that involves sweating which would wear off the perfume). I really like it. I'm glad I purchased this and not Pink Sugar like EVERYONE else, it seems. And it was less expensive too :) Highly recommend!

One thing I hated is the plastic lid. It smells like plastic chemicals sooo bad, yuck! The lid is cute though; it's got a lioness or something on the top... it just smells like plasticy awfulness. The perfume itself is totally opposite though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did a comparison of this and Pink Sugar. This is not an exact dup of Pink Sugar. I have them both and I tested one on each arm. DCC is much better in my opinion. PS has an annoying burnt smell at the beginning. It becomes more bearable as time goes by and softens up. DCC smells more divine, delicious and not annoying. It smells of vanilla, sugar, caramel and cupcake with a hint of sophistication. The staying power is the same; lasted a few hours on me. Wish I could return PS but I'll just keep it till it runs out. But I will definitely buy another bottle of DCC for backup. It's much better and cheaper too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very cheap costing dupe to Pink Sugar (which I also like.) I paid $10.00 (I had a credit to get this down to $10.00, HOWEVER, it is normally $12.95 at Perfumania and they gave me free shipping .... you can't beat that.) Delicious Cotton Candy immediately smelled exactly like Pink Sugar to me ...... the only difference between the two is that Pink Sugar is a bit more sharper ....... I own both now and will continue to use both, although I do like that for the exact same scent I can get Delicious Cotton Candy for alot cheaper than Pink Sugar.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Laurin

I agree with the other reviewers who said this is a good dupe for Pink Sugar, but is not an exact dupe. It's a bit less complex than Pink Sugar, but I like it because it is lighter and "softer" than Pink Sugar and has less throw. It also does not have the burnt sugar top note that Pink Sugar has. For the price, this is an amazing perfume!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this, but it's not my favorite Cotton Candy fragrance. Nice, soft, and sugary on me, but there is a slight citrus note that annoys me. Its definitely a more sophisticated cotton candy scent. Very feminine and ladylike. This is a great scent for woman who like cotton candy, but are afraid they may smell like a 12 year old. The bottle is butt ugly. It doesn't compliment the scent or look cute displayed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Another great cheap find! I will never fun out of this, like previous reviewers it is a great dupe for Pink Sugar without the huge price tag. This fragrance makes my honey want to lick me (which isn't a bad thing), seriously though he comments every single time I wear this! It is certainly a keeper & I will never again purchase PS now that I have found a better long lasting version! Can we say awesome!?!?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by vanillalvr

Wow....is all I have to say about Delicious Cotton Candy. I have always wanted to try it because I am addicted to Pink Sugar. I wear Pink Sugar morning, noon and night, every day. So when I saw the great reviews of Delicious Cotton Candy, I wanted to give it a try not thinking it would be nearly as good as Pink Sugar. Wow, was I wrong!! First of all it is super duper cheap. I bought it at Burlington Coat Factory for $14.99. A HUGE difference than paying $60 for PS. But it's the scent that got me. It is almost identical to PS but without the strong spicy note you get when you first spray it on. It smells delicious, sweet and lasts all day on me! I bought it 5 days ago and already used 20% of the bottle! lol If you never smelled Pink Sugar than you're missing out! Cotton Candy is the first note you get with it, but there is SO much more. It's also a little fruity and has a bit of a "punch" to it. I never thought I would like anything better than Pink Sugar, but Delicious Cotton Candy converted me!! If you're a PS addict like me, you HAVE to try this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by luckynlove

I am a big fan of anything that smells like cotton candy, this is my favorite so far and the price cannot be beat! The bottle lasts a really long time too and that makes it even better. I always get compliments on it because the smell is just noticeable enough and never offensive......I use this as my daily scent, light and sweet ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Everyone is right this is Pink Sugar without that annoying burnt note. I love this, its super sweet and last a long time. I was using Prince Machabelli Cotton Candy to avoid the burnt note in the Pink Sugar but the Prince Matchabelli only lasts a few minutes on me so not I can throw it in the trash. I just hate the bottle on the Gale Hayman, why a cat? the cat part looks stupid and cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by WednesdayMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

dupedy dupe dupe for pink sugar. but cheaper. musky. sweet. candy.