April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great brush. It is an affordable and good quality brush that is soft and has never shed with washing or wear. It is good if you want your foundation to go on with a fuller coverage. I liked it best with lighter formulas such as my NARS sheer matte and bb creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush is great for mineral foundation. I wanted a flat top kabuki-style brush to get fuller coverage out of my bareminerals. I considered getting the sigma f80 but didn't want to wait for shipping, so I set out to Target to get the ELF flat powder brush. Well I looked at that one and this one side by side, and this brush just looked denser and nicer than the ELF one. So I was very pleased with my results!! When I apply my bareminerals, I use the primer and then apply a layer of foundation with the full flawless face brush (in the BM starter kit). This leaves me with medium coverage, but I have a lot of redness so I use this sonia kashuk brush to apply another layer, and I get full coverage without it being cakey! I tried this brush alone with the powder and it was just too much, when I use it for rhe second layer I only use it on the areas that need it.

I haven't used anything but loose mineral makeup with this brush yet, but I have a feeling it will do well with other forms of foundation.

I will be keeping this brush until it falls apart!

UPDATE: This works great for buffing in liquid foundation as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by pinksparklemw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent brush! I absolutely love it! It is perfect for applying liquid foundation. Even foundations that don't give you good coverage suddenly become 100% more effective when applied with this brush. I got mine from Target and when I realized how amazing it was, I went back and bought 4 more of makeup brushes. I love them all!

My tip for cleaning: Cleaning regularly will keep it soft and effective. I found that applying a good clarifying shampoo to the brush and letting it soak a little while in a glass of water really does the trick.

I highly recommend this brush! It is perfect for liquid foundation, but great for any kind of foundation. Also great for highlighting and cheek color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This brush is nothing short of amazing! I've owned mine for a few years now, and it still performs wonderfully. I've experimented with many foundation brushes, including the Beauty Blender, and this is still my favorite brush to apply foundation with. I love it because I prefer fuller coverage, and this just buffs the foundation in beautifully while still providing great coverage. It works with all types of foundation, cream, liquid, even powder foundation for a more targeted application. It can also be used with cream blush. The price is a steal for the great quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by MsKJJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG!!! Am I just now discovering this brush?!? It applies my foundation like a dream!! I'm left with a perfectly airbrushed look. This brush is by far the best foundation brush I've ever used, and I've used plenty!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

This brush is amazing!!! I have Mac, Bobby brown, Sigma, Elf, Clinique, etc. I HAVE SO MUCH BRUSHES. And I REACH FOR THIS ONE MOSTLY.... IT DOESNT shed nor give me problems at all. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by marriedtotham0b

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is similar to an old relationship of mine- started out soft and beautiful, but now I cannot bear it. It's stiff and tainted looking; it drinks up all my liquid foundation and it's nearly impossible to clean due to its density. It just looks dirty, kind of like my ex. So I will be placing it in the garbage as well. Don't waste your time or money on this product.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great, Dense, Flat Top Kabuki Style brush

I find it works great for liquid foundation in a snap. It is soo dense and the bundle is sort of small in circumference so it does take a little more time and patience to buff it all over the face- but the effect once finished is great. I will say since the bundle is so dense I've had trouble deep cleaning it with hand soap and Dr. Bronners. I just used some Baby Shampoo today, and that seems to have done the trick- fingers crossed. This now has become my fave precision contour/blush brush, as now I like to use beauty sponges for foundation application. It is also my go to when applying my fave wet/dry powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Between sponges, foundation brushes and my fingers this is by far THE BEST. It blends well and evenly and fe handle is so comfy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Gracie15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS BRUSH !!!!
It makes my makeup look so flawless . Just amazing !!!
I usually wouldn't pay $15 for a brush , but this was so worth it .