September 18, 2014 | 1794 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Revitalizing Eye Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Rosalia44

This cream made my eye all swollen and even peeled the skin around my eyes. It is awful! And I have a date tonight. Urggg!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by remateach

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product made my eyes puffy and red. It made the skin feel chapped. If you have sensitive skin, I would forego this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by kponce007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product as a preventative so I wasn't expecting to see much of a difference, but this started to give me milia so I stopped using it and it cleared up in a week. I think it might have been too thick for me, which is weird since I have dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by junycherry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice little eyecream I've been using for about half a year now. It is good for moisturizing the eye area, and it sinks in quite nicely. However, it is mediocre in terms of diminishing the appearance of fine lines. It is probably best using it for preventative reasons with its antioxidants.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a vitamin C eye product and tried this based on positive MUA reviews. I guess I would characterize this cream as benevolent; it's nice, inoffensive, but nothing dramatic. At least, I noticed no real effect on my fine lines. No strong odors, nice light creamy consistency that sinks in quickly, has some moisturizing properties. The pump bottle is nice, allowing controlled pumps, although it is somewhat heavy glass, the little dried plug can be annoying, and as someone else mentioned, the straw stem is not long enough so I had to use a Q-tip to get the dregs out. Be warned though, if the skin around your eyes has any irritation, this will sting due to the vitamin C. In general, it's a rather innocuous eye cream, the price is not too crazy for a vitamin C product, and it would probably be a fine moisturizer for someone without any lines, but it did nothing much for me, so I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by paprikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a couple of months now and with a once a day application, the bottle has lasted me quite a while. So I think it's good value for money.

If you are just looking for a basic eye cream for younger skin types then in my opinion this would be a good choice. It's absorbs fairly well and does leave the area bright and moisturized. Depending on your eye-skin, I believe for my dark circles - this was very temporary.

I feel good that I'm using an eye cream as opposed to nothing however I don't feel this is working very well in diminishing my dark circles or my fine lines.

I'm certainly disappointed as I really thought this might help my dark circles. Maybe it has slightly brightened up the area just through moistuzing - but certainly no drastic changes.

I would recommend this for younger skin types as a gentle maintanence cream however if you have wrinkles or dark circles - I think us girls need something a tad more effective.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Sooboomom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading MUA comments I purchased this about six weeks ago, and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm seeing fewer fine lines and a generally brighter appearance of the skin around my eyes, and I've experienced no eye irritation at all. The pump on my bottle isn't the best-engineered thing; I often have a hardened little plug of lotion that comes out first. But a small amount of this lotion morning and night seems to be doing the trick for me, so I'm willing to put up with the minor inconveniece -- will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

UPDATE:I just finished the entire bottle and thought about if I wanted to rebuy a whole new bottle and I've been looking around at other options. I've been looking at the effects of this on my eye area lately and I've noticed that not only is the condition of the skin better, more moisturized, etc but also that the skin around the eye seems to be more firm/tight if that makes sense. And for that reason, I will buy a new bottle. In my past experience, most eye creams will just moisturize, but the firming effects of this cream definitely makes it stand out against others in my book. I believe that this is due to the Vitamin C in the cream. I also think that it is the reason why some people are experience adverse reactions such as the area around the eye being more irritated. Some people might not be able to tolerate Vitamin C as well and in general if you overdo vitamin c, it actually has negative effects on the skin. Granted, this cream probably has a very low and safe percentage of vitamin c, but for those that are more sensitive to it, I can see why it can cause irritation.

Much to my dismay, this did not take away my dark circles. But! I did much improved the condition of my skin around my eyes. Its much more moisturized and just looks like its in better condition. The texture of this is thick but not greasy. Its actually the ideal texture for an eye cream because it stays put, doesn't glide around and drip into your eye, soaks in, is not greasy, and since its thick you pack and on and know that you're getting a concentrated dose. I'm loving the ingredient list and what it does for my eye area but I'm 22 and have no wrinkles so only time will tell if this does anything for me as far wrinkles go.

I've been using this for over a month now and I do think that it is the best eye cream I've used so far, which includes the ever so popular Clinique All About Eyes and the Skyn Icelandic Cream. Neither of which did anything for me so I got frustrated and just used my regular face moisturizer as an eye cream. This one actually does something for me so I will keep using it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While I'm not jumping for joy because my dark circles have *packed up thier bags* and gone (hahah), this is still decent. Hasn't irritated or made my eyes look worse and feels nice. I don't have a problem with milia really so can't evaluate it on that, but it hasn't caused any wierd under eye pimples or anything. A tad expensive for something that doesn't do a whole lot other than moisturize, but thats about all i can really ask for these days, especially during spring when my skin has a conniption fit for some reason and everything seems to cause a reaction resulting in flaking, stinging, cracking, you name it..every epidermic mishap possible. So for that I am greatful!
****UPDATE**** Umm, actually I take back everything i said!..this is NOT gentle like i thought. My eyes have been burning and sensitive lately after putting this on. I don't know what happened....could it be possible i developed an allergy? I don't know but like someone else said in thier review this has the ability to make your eyes look worse...In the words of Cathy.."ACK!!!" Since I stopped using this my eyes have been looking less puffy and red. I think I'm done with Avalon's products for a while...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by checotah44

Saw this eye cream on MUA and decided to try. Once again all you on MUA were right on the mark....I DO beleive this is the best eye cream and I have tried many. I love that it has vitamin C in it, plus the dispenser allows you to dispense the amount you want. Its thick and emollient but not greasy and sinks right in. Love it. WILL continue to use this as nothing else out there feels as good. I have really noticed a difference in the crepiness under my eyes. Definitely will repurchase. I also use the Avalon Vit C serum and love it too! This eye cream is a little pricey but will likely last a long time.