Avalon Organics Botanicals Vitamin C Revitalizing Eye Cream

3.7

Not tested on animals

Organic lavandula angustifolia (lavender)(1), chamomilla recutita (chamomile)(1), camellia sinensis (white tea)(2) and organic arnica montana(3) extracts (aqueous), organic aloe barbadensis(2), vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil(2), octyl palmitate, cetearyl alcohol, super oxide dismutase, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), tocopherol and tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), melatonin, lemon bioflavonoids, organic borago officinalis (borage) and linum usitatissimum (flax seed) oils(2), rosa canina (rose hip) oil, olive squalane, soy lecithin, camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, organic prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil(4), allantoin, tromethamine stearate, glyceryl laurate, theobroma cacao (cocoa butter), glyceryl stearate, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin and benzyl alcohol.

I bought this product as a preventative and to try and calm those puffy eyes from lack of sleep.
The first couple of nights I had it on, I felt the surface around my eyes tingle... which seems to be an effect for me after using most eye serums but I did start noticing a slight pink rash on my right eye. It disappeared the very next morning.

Now I'm still using it and it's okay so far. Nothing dramatic, but it does give a slight glow around the eyes and plumps the skin up.

I'd recommend it only as a preventative for younger skin; users with more mature skin could be potentially dismayed.

This product does not look good under makeup (makes the under-eye area look dry and cakey). It does also cause a bit of milia and does not improve fine lines. Not a keeper for me.

This cream made my eye all swollen and even peeled the skin around my eyes. It is awful! And I have a date tonight. Urggg!

This product made my eyes puffy and red. It made the skin feel chapped. If you have sensitive skin, I would forego this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product as a preventative so I wasn't expecting to see much of a difference, but this started to give me milia so I stopped using it and it cleared up in a week. I think it might have been too thick for me, which is weird since I have dry skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice little eyecream I've been using for about half a year now. It is good for moisturizing the eye area, and it sinks in quite nicely. However, it is mediocre in terms of diminishing the appearance of fine lines. It is probably best using it for preventative reasons with its antioxidants.

I was looking for a vitamin C eye product and tried this based on positive MUA reviews. I guess I would characterize this cream as benevolent; it's nice, inoffensive, but nothing dramatic. At least, I noticed no real effect on my fine lines. No strong odors, nice light creamy consistency that sinks in quickly, has some moisturizing properties. The pump bottle is nice, allowing controlled pumps, although it is somewhat heavy glass, the little dried plug can be annoying, and as someone else mentioned, the straw stem is not long enough so I had to use a Q-tip to get the dregs out. Be warned though, if the skin around your eyes has any irritation, this will sting due to the vitamin C. In general, it's a rather innocuous eye cream, the price is not too crazy for a vitamin C product, and it would probably be a fine moisturizer for someone without any lines, but it did nothing much for me, so I won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product for a couple of months now and with a once a day application, the bottle has lasted me quite a while. So I think it's good value for money.

If you are just looking for a basic eye cream for younger skin types then in my opinion this would be a good choice. It's absorbs fairly well and does leave the area bright and moisturized. Depending on your eye-skin, I believe for my dark circles - this was very temporary.

I feel good that I'm using an eye cream as opposed to nothing however I don't feel this is working very well in diminishing my dark circles or my fine lines.

I'm certainly disappointed as I really thought this might help my dark circles. Maybe it has slightly brightened up the area just through moistuzing - but certainly no drastic changes.

I would recommend this for younger skin types as a gentle maintanence cream however if you have wrinkles or dark circles - I think us girls need something a tad more effective.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After reading MUA comments I purchased this about six weeks ago, and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm seeing fewer fine lines and a generally brighter appearance of the skin around my eyes, and I've experienced no eye irritation at all. The pump on my bottle isn't the best-engineered thing; I often have a hardened little plug of lotion that comes out first. But a small amount of this lotion morning and night seems to be doing the trick for me, so I'm willing to put up with the minor inconveniece -- will definitely purchase again.

While I'm not jumping for joy because my dark circles have *packed up thier bags* and gone (hahah), this is still decent. Hasn't irritated or made my eyes look worse and feels nice. I don't have a problem with milia really so can't evaluate it on that, but it hasn't caused any wierd under eye pimples or anything. A tad expensive for something that doesn't do a whole lot other than moisturize, but thats about all i can really ask for these days, especially during spring when my skin has a conniption fit for some reason and everything seems to cause a reaction resulting in flaking, stinging, cracking, you name it..every epidermic mishap possible. So for that I am greatful!
****UPDATE**** Umm, actually I take back everything i said!..this is NOT gentle like i thought. My eyes have been burning and sensitive lately after putting this on. I don't know what happened....could it be possible i developed an allergy? I don't know but like someone else said in thier review this has the ability to make your eyes look worse...In the words of Cathy.."ACK!!!" Since I stopped using this my eyes have been looking less puffy and red. I think I'm done with Avalon's products for a while...