Physicians Formula Organic Wear Pressed Powder

2.9

INGREDIENT LIST #1: MICA, JOJOBA SEED OIL*, CORN STARCH*, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM CARBONATE, OLIVE FRUIT OIL*, GLYCERIN, SOYBEAN OIL*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, SODIUM LEVULINATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT). INGREDIENT LIST #2: MICA, CORN STARCH *, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, KAOLIN, OLIVE FRUIT OIL *, JOJOBA SEED OIL *, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GRAPE SEED OIL *, SOYABEAN OIL *, RICE HULL POWDER , BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT)

on 4/17/2013 3:19:00 PM

Unlike the other reviewers, I really like this pressed powder. I use only mostly natural products. I have been using Pur Minerals pressed powder in Porcelain, which was a perfect match for my skin tone, and made my face look great. But with a $30 price tag, and how it only lasted me about 4-5 weeks, I had to find something a bit cheaper. I bought Physician's Formula Organic Wear in Translucent Fair, hoping for the best. When I got it and tried it out, I was pleasantly surprised. It went on smoothly and matched my skin tone perfectly. I'm so happy that I've found a cheaper, but still natural pressed powder.

on 11/26/2012 1:48:00 PM

So, my mother bought this for herself and unfortunately it didn't match her skin tone. It comes out much more fair than it looks in the package. So I took it and decided to use it since I had just run out of my Studio Fix powder. I put my usual concealer around my eye area, then set it with this using a large fluffy powder brush. I continued to buff it in all over my face using the big fluffy brush and it looked good! It doesn't give full coverage, but I would say its light and build able.

I love that this product is organic since I do have sensitive skin.

This WOULD be a really great powder, for someone else. For one, I have oily skin and this powder really doesn't do much for that. It also isn't the matte finish I much prefer. Lastly, the brush it comes with is horrible. It's super scratchy and just icky.

However, if you're looking for a powder that's light coverage and natural/dewy finish, this ones for you. I would also recommend more for normal skin.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

This was actually a pretty decent powder. The colour I got, Warm Beige Organics, matched me perfectly (NW35). The oil control was pretty good, my face would still look fairly matte at the end of a five hour shift at work (only blotting once). The coverage is fairly minimal, but I don't mind that since my skin has cleared up a lot and I don't need much coverage anymore. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is that although its a pretty good powder, it's not a stand out product for the price you pay. The only reason I tried it in the first place was because I found it at Winners for half the usual price, I would never pay the full price for this since there are so many other powders out there that can give the same results but cost a lot less.

on 5/14/2012 7:06:00 PM

This is my least favorite face powder of types I have tried in the past year or so. It changed colors dramatically over the day into this weird orangey cast on my face, has kind of an odd smell, and chalky poor texture. My oily skin will usually get through a foundation or powder in just a couple hours, but I was almost immediately shiny with this. It's also one of the few powders where I can sort of feel it "sitting" on my skin. I think Physicians Formula is a good company compared to many other drugstore brands, but they just have a bad formulation with this particular product.

on 3/31/2012 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Physician's Formula so I was extremely disappointed in this powder. It did NOTHING for me. It just sat on the oily areas of my face and made them oilier looking. It's extremely, terribly cakey, AND it is far too expensive for the quality. Ugh, I'd give this 0 lippies if I could.

The only thing I LOVE about this is the packaging. It's magnetic and very cute and stylish. The plastic cover is kinda meh, but the overall container is just adorable. :)

But again, I highly disapprove of the product. PF is known for their gorgeous powders, so I'm thinking I just got a bad batch...:(

on 2/21/2012 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this in a set with the Organic Wear Blush and was sorely disappointed. This powder did nothing for me. It sat on my face and when I went out it got all over my scarf and jacket! I got this in Creamy Beige and just like the blush, it didn't even show up, but had the added bonus of being messy and useless. I gave it another chance because I really wanted to like the product but got the same results so now I don't bother with it.

on 2/18/2012 10:12:00 PM

This in theory is a great product because it is natural and organic. On the packaging it says it has "Eco-Olive", 100% free of parabens, harsh chemicals, and synthetic preservatives. I picked up translucent light. The pressed powder has two colours which is great for getting the right colour for you. This was pricey when not on sale, it's around $20 CAD in SDM or Rexall. It didn't irritate or dry out my sensitive skin which I liked. However, I felt with this power could not "set" my foundation. I applied this with a brush and even a powder puff and still would not lock in my foundation. I would get a shine within an hour of application, and I have dry skin that rarely gets shiny! Also it feels chalky even when you don't apply a lot. I went over board to set my foundation and still my foundation transferred on my fingers and did not set. So disappointed. I really wanted to like this. Lastly, the packaging feels really cheap. The see-through cover is like thin plastic sheet and the rest is kind of like cardboard. It does come with a brush but is scratchy. It would leave streaks on your face if you used it. Overall I will not repurchase. I hate it so much.

on 11/13/2011 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

No coverage, didn't even work as a translucent powder. All it did was leave my skin feeling cakey and heavy. And the SMELL! It smelled awful, like cardboard artifical roses, or the terrible dollar store fragrances that would make you gag as a child. It went promptly in the trash

on 10/10/2011 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Like that it's all natural and that's pretty much just it.
It has no coverage, it's too powdery, it's chalky, and product gets everywhere.

on 9/28/2011 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This held up the oil pretty good, not the best oil control, but it did make my look flawless and even toned. I did not like the way brush felt against my skin, it actually kinda hurt to use it. One of the other complaint I have about it is that it's bit chalky looking, even if you only use a small amount. It also took a few uses to get the coverage I wanted, but other than that it was pretty tolerable. If you have mildly oily skin/combination skin and are wanting to try something from this line, this is the only good product because even the oil control is not the best of the best, it will make your skin look flawless. Well, it did for me at least. Still, I would not buy this again, only because I need something with better oil control than what I was given.