October 31, 2014 | 1374 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by HayleeB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Physician's Formula so I was extremely disappointed in this powder. It did NOTHING for me. It just sat on the oily areas of my face and made them oilier looking. It's extremely, terribly cakey, AND it is far too expensive for the quality. Ugh, I'd give this 0 lippies if I could.

The only thing I LOVE about this is the packaging. It's magnetic and very cute and stylish. The plastic cover is kinda meh, but the overall container is just adorable. :)

But again, I highly disapprove of the product. PF is known for their gorgeous powders, so I'm thinking I just got a bad batch...:(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by fennecfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a set with the Organic Wear Blush and was sorely disappointed. This powder did nothing for me. It sat on my face and when I went out it got all over my scarf and jacket! I got this in Creamy Beige and just like the blush, it didn't even show up, but had the added bonus of being messy and useless. I gave it another chance because I really wanted to like the product but got the same results so now I don't bother with it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This in theory is a great product because it is natural and organic. On the packaging it says it has "Eco-Olive", 100% free of parabens, harsh chemicals, and synthetic preservatives. I picked up translucent light. The pressed powder has two colours which is great for getting the right colour for you. This was pricey when not on sale, it's around $20 CAD in SDM or Rexall. It didn't irritate or dry out my sensitive skin which I liked. However, I felt with this power could not "set" my foundation. I applied this with a brush and even a powder puff and still would not lock in my foundation. I would get a shine within an hour of application, and I have dry skin that rarely gets shiny! Also it feels chalky even when you don't apply a lot. I went over board to set my foundation and still my foundation transferred on my fingers and did not set. So disappointed. I really wanted to like this. Lastly, the packaging feels really cheap. The see-through cover is like thin plastic sheet and the rest is kind of like cardboard. It does come with a brush but is scratchy. It would leave streaks on your face if you used it. Overall I will not repurchase. I hate it so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by elisie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

No coverage, didn't even work as a translucent powder. All it did was leave my skin feeling cakey and heavy. And the SMELL! It smelled awful, like cardboard artifical roses, or the terrible dollar store fragrances that would make you gag as a child. It went promptly in the trash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like that it's all natural and that's pretty much just it.
It has no coverage, it's too powdery, it's chalky, and product gets everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by missxwillow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This held up the oil pretty good, not the best oil control, but it did make my look flawless and even toned. I did not like the way brush felt against my skin, it actually kinda hurt to use it. One of the other complaint I have about it is that it's bit chalky looking, even if you only use a small amount. It also took a few uses to get the coverage I wanted, but other than that it was pretty tolerable. If you have mildly oily skin/combination skin and are wanting to try something from this line, this is the only good product because even the oil control is not the best of the best, it will make your skin look flawless. Well, it did for me at least. Still, I would not buy this again, only because I need something with better oil control than what I was given.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product.
It sucks up the oil.
I've actually run out of mine and have been searching for this one from Physicians Formula for awhile (I can't find it!).
For me it's not cakey, I don't use tons of it over my liquid foundation (I use Nars Sheer Glow).
I also use Makeup Forever HD powder over this to soften everything up.
I would totally buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by AmberTillman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Translucent Medium to go along with Organic tinted moisturizer (which I LOVE). I have mixed feelings about this powder, it's very luminous in it's finish, which is kind of pretty and makes this powder unique, but it gets cakey SO easily and has no oil control whatsoever. Also, this goes on about 3 shades whiter than it appears in the pan. It's nice for a very a highlighting effect I suppose so I am giving it 3 lippies for that reason alone. UPDATE: Ok, so these run WAY lighter than they appear in the pan, my skin is barely medium, and I am using the darkest shade "Sand Beige", and it looks fantastic now. No weird ghostly sheen/shiny look, no cakiness...very smooth and natural. Would repurchase, but only in this shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by zoegirl2888

I bought this product because it was on sale and i had a coupon so it was basically free. that being said, it was really bad powder. it felt cheap, the packaging it terrible, it was chalky, and i was just not impressed. i threw it away. maybelline's dream matte powder is a much better ds option, although personally MUFE's duo mat is my favorite. Expensive, but worth it. You don't even need foundation under it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this a few years back mainly because of the packaging and design concept--that it was organic and natural makeup. I like that the shade matches my skin perfectly and blends really well after foundation, the color stays true and doesn't turn orange, and that it claims to be free of synthetic chemicals. However, the flimsy packaging and loosely packed powder makes it easy to break if you drop it on the ground. There's some odd smell in the ingredients that can be stinky sometimes. But I've had this product for more than 2 years and the odd smell faded for the most part and I've only used half of it.