Lumene Blueberry curl mascara

4.3

(((SAFETY RATED 7 ON SKIN DEEP))) Water, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Cera Alba (beeswax), Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran Wax, Acrylates/octylacrylamide Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, Euphorbia Cerifera (candelilla) Wax, Trithanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (carnauba) Waxtribehenin, Polybutene, Magnesium Aluminum Silcate, Betaine, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Nylon-6, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Putylparaben, Glycerin, Vaccinium Myrtillus Seed Oil, Prolparaben, Isobutylparaben, Xylitylgulucoside, PEG-8, Anhydroxylitol, Tocopherol, Xylitol, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) Seed Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Ctiric Acid. May Also Contain: (Ci 77266 (D&C Black 2), (Ci 77491, Ci 77492) Iron Oxides, (Ci 77891) Titanium Dioxide).

on 9/4/2013 7:21:00 PM

Esta es mi mascara favorita! no da mucho volumen, pero las define totalmente! las alarga y separa, que es justo lo que yo busco!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's a good mascara, but not amazing. I guess it's good for curl (I already have curly lashes), decent but not amazing for length, and doesn't do much for volume. It's nice for more natural looking lashes, but given all the love for it I was definitely let down. Also the brush can take a bit of getting used to, and can kind of hurt to use.

on 6/23/2013 11:58:00 AM

I have this in the waterproof formula and it's the best mascara I've ever tried.

The reason i bought this mascara in the first place was the shiny turquoise packaging. I had never heard anything about this but it turned out to be a huge win. This lengthens, defines and and gives volume to my lashes. I love the rubber brush and that it has both long and short bristles so you could choose which side to use, and by that get the natural or dramatic lashes that you want.

This also holds my curl amazingly, though I'm not sure if the regular version would.

5 out of 5 and definitely a repurchase, I have gone through several tubes of this already.

on 2/20/2013 11:24:00 AM

I FINALLY found my go to mascara!!!!! I've tried different mascaras over a year or so. This was reviewed on MUA and I thought I'd try it based on the reviews. Well, I am happy that I did! Love it! It does NOT make my lashes clumpy. I normally have long and a lot of lashes and most mascaras tends to clump. I've tried Tracy McaVoy, Lancome, and others. Lumene is the best out of all of them. My other favorites are Walgreen's Jordana in black/purple/pink tube and Rimmel Glam Eyes. I guess these are my top 3, with Lumene as my favorite! It made my lashes look natural yet longer and thicker without clumping and looking fake. Really nice mascara and comes off really good also. This is NOT the waterproof mascara. I purchased the regular mascara. Lastly, my bottle is not dry at all. It is not watery either, just right!! Perhaps the other reviews listed are for the waterproof type or they purchased an old mascara???? I purchased mine on line.

on 11/20/2012 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Blueberry Curl separates and darkens lashes well without clumping, but does not add much volume and does not hold a curl very well. Then again, every mascara I've tried recently has weighed down the curl from my Shu Uemura curler. I want to try this out with my Shiseido mascara base, and with a heated eyelash curler because I trust that this one will withstand the heat.

This mascara is a bit on the dry side, but hangs on tight without smudging and is extremely waterproof. I use the Lumene Waterproof eye makeup remover to ease this one off my lashes. I'm going to try soaking the tube in warm water in the shower with me before using it, to see if that makes it a little wetter to apply.

NB: This was recommended to me by my aunt (who works for a cosmetics distributor in Southeast Asia) and sister.

UPDATE: Tried this with my Shiseido Nourishing Base, and it holds a curl all day! I actually have little lashes framing my eyes now. But compared to my Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara, Blueberry Curl is nowhere near as lengthening or volumizing or pretty. Looks a bit like thin individual spider legs sticking out of my eyes, and feels like the lashes are slightly stuck together. Kind of uncomfortable. As for smudging, it did leave a little dark silhouette until my eyes after 8-10 hours, but not terrible. Since I can afford the Armani (it's $30 for a 4-5 month investment! Totally worth it! Eyelash extensions are like $50-100 per month), I'll stick with that.

on 4/28/2012 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this mascara and had high hopes due to the reviews but this one sort of let me down. The things I like about it is the brush and that it does add some nice volume and definition. Unfortunately, it weighed my curl down (I have really straight lashes) which is the dealbreaker for me. Seems to work ok for others though. Right now, I'm using L'oeal false lash mascara WP and this actually holds my curl all day.

on 3/18/2012 12:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I personally love this mascara. It makes my lashes long and curled. The biggest thing i love about this mascara is that it's not wet. It's more in the dryer side. If you don't like dry mascara i'm pretty sure that you will not like this mascara.

It's not all that great. The wand is chunky and plastic, and it makes an odd sound when you put it back in the tube. The formula is so wet that it doesn't curl, and doesn't add volume what so ever. Also, for a product that you would think to be on the "natural" side is not. It has 5 different parabens in it. 5!!! That is not natural. The only "natural" thing in this mascara is the blueberry, which is probably that last ingredient as far as I'm concerned.

on 5/31/2011 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best mascaras I have tried. It looks very natural and holds the curl very well. Its a very good daytime mascara. It doesnt give alot of volume, but it separates the lashes well. No clumping! I have the waterproof version.

on 5/22/2011 4:28:00 PM

Great mascara! Bought at Dermstore.com cuz always free shipping. Could not find at any store in my area. Easy to use and curls my lashes and never clumps. Also great on the bottom lashes. You can make it look kind of natural or use more coats and it looks almost like false lashes. And it never clumps I cant stress that enough! Looks as good after a long day as when I first put it on. I have looked for a long time since my beloved Max Factor Couture left the states and I have found my new hg and I actually like it better than the Max. It's a beautiful day!
Edit: knocked down to 4 since I found my HG- Cover Girl Volume Exact. Awesome- makes my lashes look great in almost no time at all. Of course, now that I found it it's been discontinued- just like my Max Factor Couture I'm cursed!