September 20, 2014 | 1585 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by payjark

All I can say about this product is WOW. I bought it at my local H-Mart last night for $5 and used it right when I got home. I looked at reviews for suggestions on the usage (I was confused as to why the cloth itself is so long) and I scrunched it up like a loofah and poured a tiny bit of my everyday body wash liquid on it. It lathered up very well and I was able to scrub my WHOLE body with one tiny squirt of body wash. I scrub a little extra behind my thighs and I will report back with an update to see if it reduces the appearance of cellulite. But I am very impressed with this cheap cloth! I will keep buying forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by IslandOrchid

The perfect washcloth. Mine last about a year and can be thrown in the washing machine. And even better, if you are vacationing in Hawaii, they are about $3 in the local drugstores!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Emisme

Words cannot express how much I am in love with my Salux. Ever since I tried it on a whim from Amazon I have never washed with anything else.
It lather's well (I use bar soaps), rinses well and is more sanitary than any loofah or sponge. It exfoliates so well! It's kind of scratchy but I like that because it makes me feel like the dead skin is coming off. When I get out of the shower my skin feels smoother. My favorite thing about it is the ability to scrub my back using it long ways. I hated having to buy a specific tool just to wash my back but now I can do it all with just one. As said I get mine on amazon from the Salux brand itself for about $7 which is comparable to other tools out there and its significantly cheaper than the Body Shop version. It also comes in many pastel colors which is fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

THESE ARE THE BESTESTEST.

The review link on the side caught my eye as I reading reviews on eyelash curlers, and I just HAD to review these! My first contact with this cloth was way back when, to the days of teenage angst and zits in middle school. 2006, 2007? My mom just sort of passed them onto me.

Good LORD.
You get a squeakier, more even and exfoliating clean with these than if you used a regular puff loofah or whatever! Not to mention, it lathers up smoothly and luxuriously - saving you inklings body wash per use, but so, so much money in the long run.
For sufferers of keratosis pilaris something a little more abrasive than the Salux washcloth: Ayate washcloths, hard-scrubber loofahs (they soften a bit with water!), and body brushes are good ideas.

For individuals like me who always need a new way of doing things to keep things fresh and interesting, this washcloth definitely isn't vanilla. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Raven01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's $11.98 in Canada if you buy just one from the website but totally worth it! Love this cloth My skin in soft and polished Something no other brush loofah or puff has ever done Highly recommend this cloth LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bubbles628

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this item! I have Keratosis Pilaris on my upper back and I've found that this helps gently exfoliate my back. I use it every day in the shower and have given them as gifts to family members. The texture isn't what I was originally expecting, but it's very nice. It feels like a thin stretched out loofah that isn't too abrasive. I used to occasionally break out on my back and have noticed a dramatic decrease since using a Salux Towel.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by bonitasonia

HG item. I love this!! I replace it every 6 months..but be sure it says Salux on the cover. Don't get the knock as it is not the same. The original is about $3 and the knock off is $1. Don't be cheap find the real thing!

This product has gotten rid of these redish bumps i used to have on my upper arms and even my hip thigh area. I used it all over and what a miracle product. You can't say that too often.

I would totally replace it becaus I stock up when I go to the Asian supermarket and stock up!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by WormEatsBird

I will never bring sugar or sneak my mums coffee grounds into the shower again!

This works better and is infinitely less messy than scrubs I like to make.

Plus - $5 for it that will last about half a year and make my body wash last a lot longer.
It feels so scrubby and nice, and the length makes it so easy to scrub your back with! It makes my sulfate-free BW nice and foamy.
Ugh, I love this little cloth, I can't be without it now!!!!
Also - as another reviewer so helpfully mentioned, beware of any knockoffs if you're buying online from eBay or such, I guess one way to tell if it's authentic is the packaging and the cloth itself has a tag with the salux label and the fibers it's made from; also saying MADE IN JAPAN.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used this and several other brands of nylon bath cloths- they all work great! I love to use them with Glytone Retexturize Body Wash, which has glycolic acid... After one wash my skin is smooth and glowing! (Like, J.Lo glowing!) Highly recommend both!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This is definitely a must-have in anyone's shower/bath.

When I moved to the US, I could not find any Salux brand bath towel and forgot to pack mine, so tried some various drugstore brand knock-offs, but none were as good as the Salux cloth. They all fell apart, felt too thin, were poor quality, too small or were barely "scrubby". Also tried Innisfree's bath towel but it was softer, less coarse and therefore - just not what I really wanted.

Driving around one day, I finally noticed a Japanese beauty shop about 30 minutes from my house that stocks them, and bought several. If you can find them where you live, they are affordable (less than $4-5 usually) and just perfect. They are abrasive without being irritating and leave your skin squeaky clean and just perfect. I use less product (be it shower gel or soaps) and it makes a tons of fluffy foam that makes your shower/bath ritual that much better. This is 100x better than any scrub you can buy or make! I would hate to live without my Salux. I can't imagine anyone not liking this product.