December 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by soakley123

I had no idea something so simple could make such a difference in my skin ! As I get older, the skin on my arms and legs is dry dry dry. I take good care of my face but have neglected the skin on the rest of my body. This is so cheap I thought there is no way this is gonna work. Yes, it does -- kinda rough in first use but you get used to it. My skin after showering with this is like butta -- seriously, the oils and lotions glide onto my arms and legs -- so soft. I picked up 3 already - need backups as I never want to be without this towel.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I couldn't compare this to other exfoliating towels because this is the first one I've ever use. Anyway, it's great, it makes my skin super soft after shower. Although it could be a little bit rough on your skin. It doesn't cause that much lather eithet.

I've also heard that not to use it on your face, so just to be safe, ladies, don't use it on your sensitive face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by settlebaby

These little towels are AMAZING! I've owned one for the past 3.5 years and let me tell you, you get your bang for the buck. I love that they're inexpensive and work so well. It's long enough to reach the hard-to-get places of your back and it lathers up better than a shower pouf in my opinion. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and thighs and I pair this with my Dove unscented bar soap and it helps keeps those pesky bumps under control. The trick to using this towel is to use a light hand; it's abrasive enough to exfoliate without having to really scrub at it. I also use this towel to exfoliate before I shave. Would definitely repurchase this again if it ever began to unravel on me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by dwhite_07017

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the Salux. I have been using it for 6 months. And my skin has never been more smooth. I plan on giving them out as Christmas gift to all my friends. Sure, at first they will think I am very cheap (which is true) But them they thank me for turning them on to such a neat beauty product. This is a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mondayinjuly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this magical cloth. My skin feels so soft after my shower and keeps getting softer after every use. It's inexpensive, easy to find (got mine from Amazon and it's the real deal), dries quickly, is big enough to roll up and be used to scrub your back. I also love that it doesn't make the tub & shower messy like body scrubs do. Ain't nobody got time for that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How did I live without this for so long?! This washcloth (if you can call it that) is amazing. I have this in both the regular and the super heavy duty. I'm in my early thirties, and my skin has never felt better. I was a huge fan of Lush's Buffy, but found it relatively expensive and the tub cleanup was a mess. Regular body scrubs were hit-or-miss for me. Back brushes didn't really get a thorough scrub. With this, I have the same basic routine: Wash with Dove's Beauty Bar with the Salux (I prefer to fold it over itself a few times to make a big square) and then moisturize with Alba Botanica's Very Emollient Body Lotion. That's it. My skin stays soft and moisturized all day. I find that even the heavy duty one isn't too harsh, but it may for some people. The regular Salux I definitely don't have an issue with -- just don't scrub too hard and let the Salux do its own work! As a bonus, I love how the length of this enables a thorough and complete scrubdown, back included. Have repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Static9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm in love with these bath towels. I've had ezcema and dry skin all of my life and so I'm not really supposed to use shower gel or soap frequently because it dries my skin out and leaves it flaky, but after using this towel I can tell you that flaky is hardly an issue anymore!

Also I seriously get THE best shave ever when I use it on my legs before shaving. My old one got gross due to travel and I've just reordered!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure why time after time the Japanese keep blowing my mind with the stuff they create, but they just DO. I heard the buzz about this product around here, so I finally purchased a bundle of 2 for $10.76(plus free shipping!) from the official site itself, because I wanted to get the genuine article, and not a knock-off one member warned of in the reviews. Got mines 2 days later with a nice thank you card from the company (aww) and just used one a few hours ago. The packaging isnt much to write home about, standard plastic with a happy lady on the front using a Salux towel and a cute drawing on the back of an anime girl in the shower with instructions which were simple (and why would you need instructions? Just wet and use!) The towel itself is 11"x35", so pretty dang big, and made from nylon woven in an almost curly patter upon inspection which held lather well it seemed. Ok, bath time. I wrapped mines around my hand like a mitt at first, applied my Dr Bronners soap and began. It maybe "rough" for some, but it was juuuuuuuuust riiiiiight. Since the mitt idea didnt work, I folded it into a square and continued. Is this life? I rinsed and touched my skin- so SMOOTH. With my old scrubby washcloth, it got the job done but I still felt the residue. The moment of truth was my back, since I was afraid it wouldn't be long enough and I'm a little on the large side, but it did, it so did. When I got to my feet, I heard a 'squeak'. Yeah, that's how good this towel is, it will get you literally "squeaky clean". Speaking of clean, just rinse it out really well, hang it up to dry and that's it, no fuss, no muss. Post shower routine of coconut oil application and I was SOFT, like fresh out the womb, SOFT. I couldn't stop touching myself, and I still can't. I feel so..scrumptious and happy; bathing is enjoyable instead of routine. Anyway, it went above and beyond my expectations, because sometime some products are so hyped up to end up failing, but Salux did not. I spread the word to my friends and family and I am so going to stock up on more since they're so cheap. Total HG to the point I think I caught my old scrubby cloth giving Salux a jealous side eye lol

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by payjark

All I can say about this product is WOW. I bought it at my local H-Mart last night for $5 and used it right when I got home. I looked at reviews for suggestions on the usage (I was confused as to why the cloth itself is so long) and I scrunched it up like a loofah and poured a tiny bit of my everyday body wash liquid on it. It lathered up very well and I was able to scrub my WHOLE body with one tiny squirt of body wash. I scrub a little extra behind my thighs and I will report back with an update to see if it reduces the appearance of cellulite. But I am very impressed with this cheap cloth! I will keep buying forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by IslandOrchid

The perfect washcloth. Mine last about a year and can be thrown in the washing machine. And even better, if you are vacationing in Hawaii, they are about $3 in the local drugstores!