Rimmel Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

3.0

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Talc, Dimethicone PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Fragrance, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Methylparaben, Gossypium Herbaceum Powder (Cotton), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica, Dipropylene Glycol, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like how this softly evens out my complexion. It is not makeup so don't expect much coverage from this as it is not its purpose. I wish it controlled my oil but it does make my skin look nice. So far out of ALL the primers I have used this is by far my favorite with Revlon in second. I do not use primers on a regular basis because I find them just an extra useless step in my routine. If they truly controlled oil then I would use one everyday but I have seen none that have yet to do that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

UPDATE TIME!

After watching a video on youtube that used this product I realized I was using this wrong, I had been trying to put on way too much. You really only need a teeny tiny bit, and when spread out it doesn't look orange. I put this under the L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation, and could not see it, and it helped prevent the foundation from getting dry/cakey around the base of my nose. I wouldn't recommend using this primer with powder foundation, as it stuck to it weirdly, but when used with a liquid foundation and applied very very sparingly it is okay. I would probably still not buy it again (I liked the feel of the clear gel one better, and the color of this one is kind of alarming) but I'm going to keep this after all.

---
Original review:
Arrrrgh. At Ulta I was getting tired and accidentally grabbed this instead of the clear gel primer I had tested (002, I think) -- the packages look almost the same except one is blue and one is purple. Anyway... I tried it.... it doesn't really do anything except make my skin orange. No noticeable difference in pores or smoothness. I usually use powder foundation (in a lighter shade than this) and the orange just makes it stand out and look cakey.. Do Not Want.

The packaging is fine but I wish you could see what color was in the tube.

I wouldn't buy it again, in fact I'm planning on returning it. :|

I think this primer works for people with dry skin. I have read reviews about people having their foundation slipping of their faces with this primer underneath. This has never happened to me (and my dry 33 year old skin!). It literally keeps my Tru Match foundation on all day. The orange tint that ppl complain about is actually a bonus for me. You can't notice the orange, but the tint almost works as a color corrector for me (evening out skin tone, minimising redness etc). Absolutely minimises pores too. Oh and makes my skin feel so smooth.

This primer is cheap and really doesn't do much. it also makes my skin look dark. its really nothing special.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Not much of a Rimmel fan to begin with and this certainly did not alter my opinion one bite.
Simply did nothing for my combo skin. For the price it was worth a shot. Not for me

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This primer is relatively cheap, so it doesn't hurt to give it a try. However, the orange color might have an effect on some people's foundation, although the orange-y hints usually fade. The worst part for me was that I already have oily skin, but yet my face would turn into a horrible oil slick about 2 hours into using this product. Also at first application my face would be itchy, as though the primer irritated by skin.

So, this product is amazing--let me tell you why. I have normal to dry skin. I have somewhat uneven skin from acne scarring, and what not. I do have some visible pores around my nose and under eye area. I've been trying to find a drugstore primer that I'm REALLY in love with. I used to use Palladio's Herbal primer. Didn't love it. I tried out Rimmel's primer today. Absolutely floored. I've never seen my skin so smooth! My face routine [makeup wise] went on like a dream! I haven't seen any break outs from this yet. It does have an orange tint when you apply some on your face, but it goes away.

Definitely HG status.
Thank you, Rimmel!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I quite like this primer. I got it about two weeks ago so i have a pretty good idea on it.

PROS:
-it does make my pores look smaller
-give a nice glow
-cheap price

CONS
-i cant say it makes me makeup stay for a crazy amount of time (enough for an average day though)

This is a very thick primer in constancy and comes with 30ml of product. A lot of people might be scared off by the orange tinge the primer has however it completely blends clear and doesn't show any colour whats so ever! So far im liking this primer and i might buy again once i run out (just have to use up all of my other primers first)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've barely used this product, since purchasing it. It is not the best, in comparison to its competitors, in fact it is probably not the best in comparison to itself. It does not last all day and quite frankly, my foundation sat the same with it on, as a base and without it on. Unfortunately, I found this product fell short on simply being a primer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Did nothing to hide pores or prolong my makeup wear. In my opinion it was useless to put on. Just a layer of mess on your face. I would avoid purchasing if you have oily skin. This made my face more oily than usual and feel disgusting. I love Rimmel but this was garbage!

Popular Primer/ Correctors