October 23, 2014 | 1900 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by victoria012345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Did nothing for my kinky african hair.

My hair is extremely kinky, dry, super frizzy, coily ziggly hair. I have 4C type of hair according to naturally curly's classification.

I applied 4 pumps (although it says only 1 pump is enough) to my wet wair. It did just nothing. My hair went up like cotton, just like I didn't put anything on it. Same happened to my mom. We both have kinky coily ziggly hair.

I tried it because it has won several awards and It's even in the Hall of Fame of Allure Magazine like the best frizz tamer, but I suppose whoever rated this just has a different -very different- hair type. I swear whoever this product works out for is somebody with straight hair with a little waves. I'm now researching on naturallycurly's web page, maybe they have options that are for my actual type of hair. Never ever paying attention to Allure's magazine when it comes to hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by HighFlyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used something similar to this but it was a sample. It was Mothers Day at the time and I treated my Mother to a hair and facial mask along with a massage and nail treatment, and when I came across the samples that were in Tesco on sale for £1 each, I couldn't resist. I never used mine on the day, instead I focused on my Mother and left her hair for four minutes after giving it a wash and make sure I got it in thoroughly.

Her hair came out smooth the next day and curly as usual but with a softer and shinier touch. I must say I was chuffed with the results, but when it came to myself using it I did not get the same results. I'm quite disappointed, but I may give it a go once more so that I can be sure since it is so cheap for the sample.

I say give it a go, but it really depends on your hair type and everyones results are bound to be different. If you already take good care of your hair like me then you won't see much of a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by srosen24

I have been using this frizz tamer for almost 3 years and love it! My hair is naturally frizzy and this cream is a huge help! It smells great and all it takes is once pump and you're good to go! It is a great buy and would recommend it to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I used this as my first serum way back when. At the time I thought it was great because I didn't have access to as many products and this was about the only thing I thought would help tame frizz (we're going back like, 14 years or so). It's quite heavy, and though I know you are only supposed to use a little of any serum, it was just a little too much without really taming frizz like I hoped. If I remember correctly it's also stickier than the other ones I've used (Biosilk and Pal Mitchell Super Skinny) Also the bottle design is quite cute, but it's broken on me more than once. And a dropper for serum? It's just not practical. I would just run my fingers on the dropper shaft, not actually squeeze it in my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by skymooo

I read about this as a teenager in my UK import teen mags back when it first came out, but was not able to buy it in my country. So I never ended up trying it even when it finally arrived to the chemists in my city. Fast forward to today. I grabbed two mini bottles a week ago while shopping. They were on sale next to the cashier, so I thought why not, let's try this. And today I bought a large bottle (although of the Extra Strength Formula version since they were out of the original). I love it.

My hair is thick, there is lots of it, it bends in odd waves and has been chemically treated too many times so it's pretty dry, frizzy and generally not in good shape without careful treatment. Now that it's about 5cm below my ears the frizz and waves are particularly annoying and it takes a lot of work to either bring out the waves nicely or iron it smooth and straight. I've used all sorts of creams, sprays, oils, serums and stuff to try to find the best way to get it stay nice. I think I've found a must-have serum in this one finally. I've not yet used it as recommended, just on towel-dried and/or blow-dried/ironed hair, but those methods have gotten pretty good results as well. My hair is smooth, not too heavy but remains airy (unlike with many creams), shiny and just looks very good! I'm very happy that I finally tried Frizz Ease and would recommend this to others with similar hair. This product appears to divide opinions. It might work for you or perhaps you are unlucky. But if it does work for your hair I'm pretty confident you'll not regret trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by surfplum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been a staple in my arsenal for years. I try out lots of products on my hair, and this serum tends to be my go-to. It can get greasy if you use too much, though, and I don't use this when I know that I'll be blow drying my curly hair straight (too heavy). The serum alone doesn't calm the frizz 100% but once I add anything on top of it (gel, curl cream, whatever) it gets pretty close. I once used this in conjunction with Rusk's deep oil treatment and ended up with awesome mermaid curls- I don't know exactly what I did to get those results so I've been experimenting with both products ever since...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have thick curly mid length n extremely frizzy hair which is semi-dry in texture but have lot of undefined curls. I apply this in 2-3 min t-shirt dried hair (I dont use towel on wet hair as it worsens the frizz). I only use 2 pea size amount on my entire hair and continiue with rest of the hair routine. I leave it to air dry and donot touch my hair unless fully dry. It works wonders for my extremely frizzy hair. Will definetely buy it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this serum as a pre-teenager when it was new and everyone was raving about it (and it came in a glass bottle with a glass dropper). My thick, coarse, long hair curled at puberty and it didnít know what to do with it. Since no one in my family has curly hair, I had zero guidance when it came to my hair (both of my sisters have thick, long, slightly wavy hair and my mother has fine, thin, short, straight hair). Needless to say I wasnít doing anything right for my curls and that included using this serum wrong. It was more than ten years before I bought it again and now I love it (I have also since learned what to do with curly hair thanks to my patient stylist). I repurchased this about six months ago on a whim (and it was on sale), since Iíve liked so many other John Frieda products. I was glad to find that this now comes in a plastic pump bottle. At first I thought applying this to wet hair was silly and wouldnít make a difference, so I tested it out using it the ďregular wayĒ of using serums: to towel squeezed hair. It was nothing special. Then I decided to really followed the directions: immediately after rinsing out conditioner, I apply three pumps (two if Iíve just had my hair cut) to my soaking wet, dripping wet hair, focusing applying from the ears down and staying away from the scalp. I smooth it though, using my fingers to rake it, but being careful not to remove too much water. Once itís spread to my satisfaction, I gently wring out my hair with my hands leaving my hair still very wet. I do throw my hair up in a towel so I can address skincare and such, but I try to get to my hair while it is still very damp. Then I spread two-three pumps of Davines Oi/Oil through my hair, then scrunch Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscience Defining CrŤme throughout and let air dry. This is the best combination for my hair and I love the soft, shiny results. Itís this serum that really handles the frizz, while the Davines Oi/Oil gives the shine and Bumble and Bumble Cream give the curls definition. While Iím rarely faithful to hair products, especially curl creams, for long, I think Iíll stay with this routine for a while and Iíll be buying this serum again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kavitabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have long, thick, course hair. This serum works best after i blow out my hair & apply to ends. I don't apply on scalp or top of my hair cuz it will make my hair too oily. Overall a good serum, good price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Dashingdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very pricey and is overall good but is not worth the price. I would not buy this product again. Very disappointing.