January 31, 2015 | 1296 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought the occasional Frizz-Ease packets over the last 11 years. I even bought the full-size product a handful of times. However, I have never seen results from this product. Why do I keep repurchasing? Because everyone and their momma recommends it! And they keep coming out with different strengths and versions so I keep hoping that I will finally see what all my friends rave about! But no more, I will not be repurchasing from now on. My hair is very frizzy and it is not noticeably reduced with this product. I see no improvements in my hair at all. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Andrea36MA

I love this! My review is very similar to that I've just read although my hair type is different. I have naturally wavy hair and use straighteners most days which I really want to get away from, but just blow drying my hair left my hair a bit of a frizzy mess! I had some left over frizz ease in travel size that I bought ages ago & thought didn't work so it was just sitting in the drawer & decided to give it a go. After finally reading the directions properly I applied it to my wet hair from about 4 inches down to the ends, then sectioned off my hair and blow dried. The result was just what I wanted! Tame tidy shiny locks not frizzy or flat. I have already bought a new 25ml bottle & it will be my new hair must! No more straightening & damaging my hair. Big thumbs up :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this and really wanted it to work for me after reading a lot of glowing reviews. This product didn't do anything for my relaxed/transitioning hair. My hair looks no different from when I use this in my hair and when I don't use it. If anything I think it contributes to my hair looking a bit dull after I straighten it. Its a bit thicker in consistency then I thought it would be and weighs my hair down a bit. Most of the time I like a product enough to keep using it until its gone, so I don't waste it. But I'm afraid I'll have to throw this out

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by victoria012345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Did nothing for my kinky african hair.

My hair is extremely kinky, dry, super frizzy, coily ziggly hair. I have 4C type of hair according to naturally curly's classification.

I applied 4 pumps (although it says only 1 pump is enough) to my wet wair. It did just nothing. My hair went up like cotton, just like I didn't put anything on it. Same happened to my mom. We both have kinky coily ziggly hair.

I tried it because it has won several awards and It's even in the Hall of Fame of Allure Magazine like the best frizz tamer, but I suppose whoever rated this just has a different -very different- hair type. I swear whoever this product works out for is somebody with straight hair with a little waves. I'm now researching on naturallycurly's web page, maybe they have options that are for my actual type of hair. Never ever paying attention to Allure's magazine when it comes to hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by HighFlyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used something similar to this but it was a sample. It was Mothers Day at the time and I treated my Mother to a hair and facial mask along with a massage and nail treatment, and when I came across the samples that were in Tesco on sale for 1 each, I couldn't resist. I never used mine on the day, instead I focused on my Mother and left her hair for four minutes after giving it a wash and make sure I got it in thoroughly.

Her hair came out smooth the next day and curly as usual but with a softer and shinier touch. I must say I was chuffed with the results, but when it came to myself using it I did not get the same results. I'm quite disappointed, but I may give it a go once more so that I can be sure since it is so cheap for the sample.

I say give it a go, but it really depends on your hair type and everyones results are bound to be different. If you already take good care of your hair like me then you won't see much of a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by srosen24

I have been using this frizz tamer for almost 3 years and love it! My hair is naturally frizzy and this cream is a huge help! It smells great and all it takes is once pump and you're good to go! It is a great buy and would recommend it to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this as my first serum way back when. At the time I thought it was great because I didn't have access to as many products and this was about the only thing I thought would help tame frizz (we're going back like, 14 years or so). It's quite heavy, and though I know you are only supposed to use a little of any serum, it was just a little too much without really taming frizz like I hoped. If I remember correctly it's also stickier than the other ones I've used (Biosilk and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny) Also the bottle design is quite cute, but it's broken on me more than once. And a dropper for serum? It's just not practical. I would just run my fingers on the dropper shaft, not actually squeeze it in my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by skymooo

I read about this as a teenager in my UK import teen mags back when it first came out, but was not able to buy it in my country. So I never ended up trying it even when it finally arrived to the chemists in my city. Fast forward to today. I grabbed two mini bottles a week ago while shopping. They were on sale next to the cashier, so I thought why not, let's try this. And today I bought a large bottle (although of the Extra Strength Formula version since they were out of the original). I love it.

My hair is thick, there is lots of it, it bends in odd waves and has been chemically treated too many times so it's pretty dry, frizzy and generally not in good shape without careful treatment. Now that it's about 5cm below my ears the frizz and waves are particularly annoying and it takes a lot of work to either bring out the waves nicely or iron it smooth and straight. I've used all sorts of creams, sprays, oils, serums and stuff to try to find the best way to get it stay nice. I think I've found a must-have serum in this one finally. I've not yet used it as recommended, just on towel-dried and/or blow-dried/ironed hair, but those methods have gotten pretty good results as well. My hair is smooth, not too heavy but remains airy (unlike with many creams), shiny and just looks very good! I'm very happy that I finally tried Frizz Ease and would recommend this to others with similar hair. This product appears to divide opinions. It might work for you or perhaps you are unlucky. But if it does work for your hair I'm pretty confident you'll not regret trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by surfplum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been a staple in my arsenal for years. I try out lots of products on my hair, and this serum tends to be my go-to. It can get greasy if you use too much, though, and I don't use this when I know that I'll be blow drying my curly hair straight (too heavy). The serum alone doesn't calm the frizz 100% but once I add anything on top of it (gel, curl cream, whatever) it gets pretty close. I once used this in conjunction with Rusk's deep oil treatment and ended up with awesome mermaid curls- I don't know exactly what I did to get those results so I've been experimenting with both products ever since...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have thick curly mid length n extremely frizzy hair which is semi-dry in texture but have lot of undefined curls. I apply this in 2-3 min t-shirt dried hair (I dont use towel on wet hair as it worsens the frizz). I only use 2 pea size amount on my entire hair and continiue with rest of the hair routine. I leave it to air dry and donot touch my hair unless fully dry. It works wonders for my extremely frizzy hair. Will definetely buy it