OPI Black Cherry Chutney

4.3

on 12/22/2012 11:46:00 AM

I was looking for an alternative to Lincoln Park After Dark, which I think is too matte. I was drawn to BCC because of the subtle shimmer. I was a little disappointed to find that the shimmer is *very* subtle. However, it does give it an added dimension that is really pretty. Overall, I love this color. It's very sexy and looks very sharp. It's a neutral for darker months. It goes with everything I wear. I expected this to be a color I would wear once in a while, but I go for it again and agin. Also very easy to apply and has good coverage with two coats.

on 11/1/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

i would describe this colour as a deep grape. in some light, it looks black. i put on a base coat and two coast of BCC and it lasted a week (would have lasted longer but i finally got tired of it and took it off). for a nail polish to last that long on me is incredible. i have a lot of OPIS polishes, but this one seems to last longer than any of them. usually a polish lasts about 3-4 days on me... MAX! oh, it's very high shine too which is nice for dark polishes.

anyway, this colour is rich looking and not too goth. more classy than that.

on 9/5/2012 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my gateway nail polish to the world of OPI. The colour is a beautiful deep, dark red wine colour that builds to a decent opacity after two coats. The formula is fairly fluid and each layer dries within a few minutes for me leaving a beautiful glossy finish, however, it's even more stunning when topped with the OPI rapid dry top coat. This is my go to colour for the tootsies and I'm impressed by its staying power. As long as I touch up my top coat layer once every few days, my pedicure will last for at least a fortnight if not longer. In the instances where the polish comes off the nail, it comes off as a whole layer rather than just chipping around the edges. This is actually quite handy as I can just do the nail over from scratch - no need for messing about with nail polish remover and the like! I will definitely be repurchasing this colour once my first bottle runs out. I should really try out a few more OPI colour polishes before I start shouting OPI's name from the rooftops... I'm pretty close to it doing it anyway, though.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this color!! Im usually not a fan of dark colors on my nails but I decided to try this color out. It's a gorgeous eggplant purple/blackish color with purple/gold glitter. With 2 coats, my nails almost look black. It's only when you look close, you can see the reddish/purple tint. Gorgeous color for fall. Def would repurchase again and try out other dark colors! :)

on 8/29/2012 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

What a delicious, rich, and sultry shade. Black Cherry Chutney goes on like a lustrous black. In the sunlight, it has dazzling deep red shimmers and resembles the skin of a cherry. This is one of the most beautiful nail polishes I have ever seen. Decent opacity, I need about two coats. Not too thick or thin either. Black Cherry Chutney is incredibly subtle and vampy. If you love variations of black nails, this is a must!

on 5/21/2012 2:47:00 PM

This polish is my absolute favorite! Nothing compares to the richness and beautiful shimmer! Always will be my #1 shade!

on 4/25/2012 4:10:00 AM

I'm on my second bottle of this. This is a very nice dark colour, its almost black but it has gold/purple reflects in the polish. Very very fine and looking from far, you wont be able to detect such thing but once the light hits it, it is just gorgeous! I love dark colours on my toes! On the first coat, this does apply very streaky, second coat will even it all out and give the nails even coverage. Highly recommend for dark nail varnish lovers!

Like many other reviewers have said this color looks like a lot of the other vampy colors out there - like Give me Moor, etc. However, I love this color because of the depth of it in different lighting - when I am outside I notice the small specks of sparkle and the beautiful pluminess of it. Indoors it looks like a creme but I wear this color for me - love the sparkly surprise when I am outdorrs! Love it!
Application is great and you can get away with 2 coats but I tend to do three - the brush is wide so I get my mani done in no time. Love that about OPI!

on 12/27/2011 11:27:00 PM

When I first picked out this polish I was very excited... but ended up rather disappointed. In the bottle it looks like a very deep burgundy and a gorgrous reddish tint is very visible but on nails its basically a black... if there's any tint to it it's more of a plum-violet, and even that is very hard to see and is mostly just visible on the first streaky coat and as it moves away from the streaky-ness (3+ coats) it moves towards being black. Definitely not what I was looking for.

on 11/22/2011 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Beautiful winter color. If you're a fan of dark purpley colors this is for you! It looks a little more purple on me.. maybe because I got it on acrylics but its gorgeous regardless.

Top Rated OPI Products