OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very pretty, dark blue, with a nice, slightly silvery shimmer effect. Only takes two coats to get good coverage, but, unfortunately, for me the cleanup is horrible. I have very pale skin and for whatever reason, the pigments in this just get everywhere on my hands and cuticles no matter what kind of polish remover I use or what method I use to remove it. It does wash off with soap and a nail brush, but... yuck. Dark blue pigment everywhere, what a mess.

I also found out that unless I wear a top coat with this, it chips very quickly and very significantly (I put on a second coat and let it dry without the benefit of a quick-dry top coat, because I was intending to do some nail art on the base, but the chipping started so quickly I was kind of shocked). With a top coat, it lasts appropriately without undue chipping, though.

I also find the formula a bit tricky (as I do with a number of OPI polishes, unfortunately). You need to be pretty quick with your strokes or you end up overlapping and it can bubble as underlying layer dries. I can't think of many things more unattractive than bubbles in a shimmer nail polish. Bleah.

On the plus side, I recently found through experimentation that this polish works extremely well for nail stamping (with metal plates, i.e., Konad-style stamping), as do several other OPI shimmers I tested. This is an unexpected bonus and does raise my estimation of this polish.

I can't say if I'll buy this again, to be honest. I might, because it is very pretty, but at the same time, the formula kind of annoys me, so... Maybe if I find it on sale. ;)

This is just beautiful! I am NW20 and it looks beautiful on my pale, cool skin.
I saw Essie Starry Starry Night on the net and went looking for it but it was nowhere to be found so I bought this instead. It does not have the beautiful glitter that Starry Night has but it is still gorgeous.

This colour really surprised me, when I bought it, I thought I would need somewhere between 3-4 coats before it would turn out into a rich dark blue... but I was entirely wrong!
One thicker than usual coat was enough for me; with other dark colours Ive bought in the past, one thick coat would still have barely any colour
I love this colour and I will definately re purchase once Im done with this bottle (which may be pretty soon)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shade is like a blue-ier version of Russian Navy. It is a gorgeous rich ocean/navy blue that is super pigmented. It lasts long without chipping and looks sexy against my medium skintone.

This is my favorite nail color. It is such a gorgeous navy blue! I honestly think that this is a clear duplicate of OPI Russian Navy. It is a beautiful color with a shiny finish. With a good topcoat, it has great staying power. You only need 2 coats to get it to be completely opaque, but it does take a bit to dry. For $9, it is amazing!!

I love this colour! I really like it when your nail polish is really dark but you can still definitely tell what colour it is and don't think its black. You can definitely tell that this is blue. As with all my other OPI polishes, application is smooth and lasts a long time without chipping.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I used OPI's website to try on a few different "navy" blues, and it does NOT do this color justice at all. In fact, when I was looking for it at Ulta, I passed it over completely because I had no idea it was shimmery! I was really hesitant, until I painted it on their sample nails. WOW. One thin coat and it's lighter, and the shimmer very evident. A second coat darkens it up nicely, and while the shimmer is still noticeable, it's not nearly as eye catching as a single coat--perfect for what I was looking for. I'll upload a picture when I can get one in and out of the light--but if you're looking for a gorgeous medium-dark blue, look no further!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing blue color, really love this nail polish and it suits on me. The blue color is really really beautiful..

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favorite OPIs. It's a dark blue that looks blue everywhere, not just under sunlight! It also has beautiful shimmer and it really pops against my skin tone. The formula is perfection - heavily pigmented, almost perfect in one coat. I do two thin coats out of habit and the formula is incredibly easy to manipulate. It dries quickly and shiny, and it lasts about four to five days on me. I would highly recommend this to anyone. It's a great shade any blue-lover would be happy to have. If my bottle ran out, I would buy a replacement in a heartbeat. OPI Last Friday Night also looks brilliant over it!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a great blue: not a navy, but not cobalt or cadet blue either. I'd say bright navy-ish with a subtle purple flash. Very flattering on short, square or short squoval nails. No talons with this polish please. It wears like iron with seche vite crystal clear base coat and seche vite dry fast top coat. My favorite blue polish, (and I have 15+ shades of blue.)

A+ OPI!!