August 20, 2014 | 1406 users online

Concealers - By Terry - Touch-Expert

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Adara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely the best light reflector/concealer I have ever come across, and this is comparing it to Touche Eclat, Clarins, Dior, Givenchy, Guerlain, Lancome, Clinique and Chanel - even the Armani, which is probably considered more of a liquid concealer than a light reflector. It covers all the bases, gorgeously light reflecting without any shimmer, covers beautiful, no creasing, long lasting... I use #1 on my dark circles because it's quite pink (the others are more flesh toned) and it does a wonderful job color correcting as well. It does tend to look a bit grey at times though, as #1 is for lightest skin tones after all. It'd be great if they could come out with a darker shade with equally peach/pink tones. That would make this pretty much perfect.

Edited to add: this really shouldn't crease at all. If your undereye is primed and moisturized, and you put some of this on, wait 30 seconds and then buff it in, it should be completely invisible. I have weird under eye chicken skin and it doesn't show.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've become obsessed with concealer after a particularly fantastic makeup artist showed me how much brighter and bluer my eyes looked with proper concealer (Duh - where have I been all these years). I don't have *terrible* circles, but enough to make a difference against my very fair skin. People always tell me that I look tired.

I used to just throw on any concealer - if I remembered/had time in the morning. But now I've been hunting for the perfect one, and this is near HG for me. Blends like a dream and covers beautifully. Also doesn't settle into my fine lines! The drawback for me is lasting power - it's not bad, but I do have to touch up in the afternoon. I don't mind the packaging, as it's quite travel friendly. In general, I've been very pleased with the quality of By Terry, so I may be tempted to try more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I'm a concealer junkie and I'll state this: By Terry is by far the best. It has the exact consistency, it's velvety-creamy, the color works magic and it gives such a natural, sunny radiance. I can't believed I've found this gem. It's worth every cent, and it lasts forever, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by graham_wellington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went on a quest to find a concealer that wouldn't collect under my eyes and emphasize any dryness. I love this product because it doesn't do either. The colors do run very dark and I wear number 1 although I am a solid NC 25, but I do like the pinkier color since it helps diminsh the darkness under my eyes. Lately I have been wearing this with the Bobbi Brown hydrating concealer and I can honestly say it is invisible. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to our own Miss Panties, I drank the Kool-Aid on this one & I'm glad I did. After years of using BB & BECCA concealers, and trying many others along the way, I bit the bullet & tried this one. The heavens opened & for the results you get, the cost is justified. That is to say, this is perfection.

I am NC20ish - semi-light skin w/yellow undertones, and shade #3 - Beige is the one for me. It blends perfectly into my foundation so the skin under my eyes is the same shade as the rest of my face. No calling attention to that area with a reflective sheen, thank you very much. It is super creamy, and frankly, one pump dispenses much more than I need for both eyes, so that is a semi-drag. Anyway, I use a rather large concealer brush to apply it - the kind of brush that is meant for applying concealer to large areas, I guess, rather than the usual tiny concealer brush. This way I can just dip the tip of the brush into the concealer & make one or two nice, smooth sweeps under each eye & between the tear duct & nose. Takes 5 seconds per side & I'm done. Coverage lasts all day & looks just as good at midnight as it did when I applied it. Yes it is expensive, but it's so concentrated that it just takes a speck to do the trick.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

I hate the packaging, but this is the best undereye concealer ever.

I wish everything I loved wasn't ridiculously expensive though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by pruey

I absolutely adore this!! This is the first concealer that I've actually purchased - after testing over a dozen and seeing how they wear over the course of a day.

To even consider spending this amount of money on a product, I would strongly advise testing in store and seeing how it performs throughout the day, in different types of light and with the makeup you intend to regularly use with it. For me, the pinky beige colour was perfect. I tested this in store against a different brand concealer on the other eye - at first I thought this one was too bright and noticeable for my skin. However, by the time I drove home and looked in the mirror, it had warmed to my skin and was completely unnoticeable.

The consistency is perfect for me. I live in a humid, hot climate and hated the thicker, creamier concealers that I tried. Even after a day of sticky weather, this wears really well (no cakiness or running). Under eye dark circles are my only concern with my face, so I wanted something that I could use in combination with just a light, all over face powder. I've only needed a teeny tiny bit to get the coverage I was hoping for so I expect this will last a long time. It's been 6 weeks since I started using it and at this stage I will definitely be buying again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

have just used my bobbi brown tinted eye brightener and decided to try this as I have used the foundation brush from by terry. This is like a super slim small version of the foundation brush a click dispenser on the end of the pen which dispenses just the right amount of product. The SA said from looking at me that my shade would be Nude. The shades seem very close in colour and Nude seemed a tad dark for me but when she blended it in, it was perfect, it lifted the darkness around my eyes but without the panda eye chalky effect. It is expensive but definitely worth it and you don't need to use too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by FrankieVercammen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. I tried the YSL Touche Eclat first, but it irritates my eyes. So I was wary about this product, but fortunately I was wrong. I can use the concealer very close to my lower lashes as long as I use it sparsely.
I hold the pen with the brush facing down, press 2 to max. 3 times and wait a moment for the cream to reach the brush. First I do the nasolabial folds, around the mouth to give the impression of fuller lips, and just along the top of the eyebrows. Then with what is left on the brush, I do the area below the eyes and the crow's feet.
I have very fair skin and #1 is perfect. The color looks very unnatural when on the brush and applying on the skin, but strangely it blends in beautifully and then looks very natural. Don't let it dry on the skin though, blend it immediately after application. I also find it holds pretty well. It has a delicate perfume. Expensive, yes, but worth it so far. Don't know yet how long it is going to last.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ncw1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Convinient packaging. ALl you need is the tube with the delicate brush that the product comes out of and your fingers for extra heat if you want to smeer to the natural skin to avoid the product looking to obvious/to take away any lines. Very effective at covering dark circles and brightening and illuminating. Does not look natural. Does not feel great. Looks like you've painted on a 'waw, my eyes look so bright concealer'. What a lady really wants is just enhancement. I think this also blocked my pores as I would get pimples in my eye area at the inner corners, tops of my centre parts of my cheek bones, and under my brows. Expensive. Would not buy again. Also, how can you see how much is left-the tube is opaque and you can't undo it.