TheBalm Sexy Mama

4.2

mica, boron nitride, polyethylene (and) PTFE, zea mays (Corn) starch, silica, isoeicosane, zinc stearate, styrene/DVB copolymer, polyisobutene, dimethylimidinone rice starch, iron oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) powder, sodium dehydroacetate, dimethicone.

on 6/20/2014 10:21:00 PM

I bought this a few weeks ago in a package with the Bahama mama and hot mama for only 38.50! This powder really does keep your skin matte for a long time! The packaging is adorable and I like that it has a magnetized lid! After wearing this for a few days straight, I noticed a few more breakouts than normal... so I stopped wearing this and they cleared up. I was so upset to find out that this powder breaks me out, and apparently it happens to quite a few other people!

on 6/19/2014 4:33:00 AM

Here I go again.

I love TheBalm, I have NEVER been disappointed with their products.

This does what it does, it's a translucent anti-shine powder. I use it as setting powder after I've put on my liquid or cream foundation.
As always, it last's all day so I don't need to touch up throughout the day and that's a winning because I have combination skin and normally throughout the day my face is loaded with so much oil I can reflect light off my face.

on 6/11/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know how to rate this powder. The oil control is good but it's oxidized on me, turned me into one of those oompah loompah within 15 min. I've been using tonymoly bcdation and wanted something to help with my shiny nose toward the end of the day, so after reading all the reviews I picked one up but :( I will give it another try when the weather is cooler to see if the weather is the cause because I never had makeup oxidize on me before. Weird!!!!!!

on 5/24/2014 12:47:00 PM

This is truly an amazing product! I expected it to be ok but it is even better. it keeps me matte and does not look like I'm wearing anything. This is a nice product with A+ packaging. Its more like a setting powder over your bb cream/foundation/tm or concealer.

on 5/21/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great setting powder for every day without adding additional coverage (resulting in cake face). It's decent for oil control. The small rectangle shape of the pan is a pest getting a powder brush in it, would be better in a larger round pan (ie size of Mary lou) but it's all good I can overlook that

This is my favorite blot powder!!! Its almost comparable to the MAC PRESSED BLOTTING POWDER but I have to admit TheBalm has a dryer/chalkier finish. I use this as a eyelid primer/base.I have somewhat oily eyelids so I use this before my eye shadow and my eye shadow stays there the entire day. I experience no creasing/fading whatsoever! Those with oily lids should give this a try as a eye shadow primer/base and I promise you your shadow will last the entire day! I have not used this powder on my face yet so I cannot really comment on that. But if this is able to work amazingly on OILY lids, what's more left to say? One compact can last me months despite using it every single day. I highly recommend you guys to give this a try!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was totally caught off guard by this brand to begin with.. I never in a million years thought that a company that invested this much time into cute & gimmicky packaging would turn out to be amazing! And it is seriously amazing!! This is one of my favorite products from the line. I use it to set my under-eye concealer and sometimes my whole face. It's a great translucent powder, that just has a hint of "off white or beige" to it. When applied to darker skin tones, I don't think it shows up unless u use a lot of it, but I'm not super sure. That's what I've heard.

I love the packaging! I love all of the cute risky names & pinup beauties on the covers. I also love that this is in a cardboard package & not some cheap bulky plastic package. It's small & slim, so it's great for storing or ur purse. I will continue to repurchase this & highly recommend it!!

on 1/15/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For the first time in my life I didn't look like an oil slick after 8 hrs but looked like I applied foundation 2.5 hrs ago. I didn't feel ashamed by my "facial looks", was astonished when I looked myself in the mirror (my makeup stayed in place, no touch-ups in those 8 hrs) and self-conscious (hello!, I've got my make-up right in place).

EIGHT HOURS, PEOPLE!!

I've never bothered to write a review about this powder since it didn't have any effect on me, and I didn't want to downgrade it. For the first time I added these (*) steps:
- applied moisturizer for oily skin, Sans Soucis
- * applied Garnier 5 seconds primer
- applied Bobbi Brown Skin foundation
- *heavily applied MUFE HD powder (I usually applied it lightly, sparingly)
- * heavily applied TheBalm Sexy Mama powder on forhead and cheeks (sually applied it lightly, sparingly, and never combined it with MUFE.
Note, it was noticeable I applied powder, but I can live with that. As long as the foundation holds.

I've worn this foundation for 8 hrs and there was no oil on my face. And when I say it, I mean it. From now on, I'll be sticking to this routine.

The problem with my skin is that I get oily after 2.5 hrs no matter what foundation I wear, and after that, the foundation starts to fade or break.

Try it, either this, or any other. But, there is a way to keep oil at bay. It exists!

on 1/6/2014 2:12:00 AM

So, i'm sort of a powder junkie. I have oily skin, so i'm always trying to find the perfect powder to keep the oilies at bay, and this does the job! My favorite thing about it is that most setting/tranlucent powders can give an over powdery or white cast look, but this blends right into the skin. My only complaint is the packaging is tiny and i think the amount of product should be more for the price.

on 1/2/2014 10:24:00 AM

The best setting powder I have ever tried on my combo skin. I am light tan Asian gal C4/NC30 with dry cheeks and an oily T-zone, not the worst, but definitely powdering by 2pm. This stuff is truly translucent even on my tannish skin and minimizes pore appearance and completely mattifies without deadening the skin. I love it. It truly leaves a silky soft matte finish. Replacing my Nars Light Reflecting powder as my HG, since I realized the Nars is more of a finishing powder and this is a legit setting powder. Sets even MAC F&B for a full work day, which is dewy, to say the least. I think thebalm packaging is cute, slim, and has a decent mirror. Love love love this stuff!

Recommended for Normal Skin