August 20, 2014 | 984 users online

Pressed Powders - TheBalm - Sexy Mama

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

The best setting powder I have ever tried on my combo skin. I am light tan Asian gal C4/NC30 with dry cheeks and an oily T-zone, not the worst, but definitely powdering by 2pm. This stuff is truly translucent even on my tannish skin and minimizes pore appearance and completely mattifies without deadening the skin. I love it. It truly leaves a silky soft matte finish. Replacing my Nars Light Reflecting powder as my HG, since I realized the Nars is more of a finishing powder and this is a legit setting powder. Sets even MAC F&B for a full work day, which is dewy, to say the least. I think thebalm packaging is cute, slim, and has a decent mirror. Love love love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its my 5th pan now. i have a very oily skin and this one makes my make up stay in their place. i do still need blotting but my oil face like sits on top of the make up and doesnt mess all up. if i dont use this, my make up melts like crazy and when i blot, all transfer and blotchy.
sexy mama doesnt break me out which is superb. its truly translucent and i love it the most bcz of it. if you seek coverage, this one is not for you. and nothing beats its cute slim packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by adeballesteros

The perfect finish for my foundation routine!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by stls

I discovered TheBalm recently and I was very impressed. Lovely textures, packaging, effective products and reasonably priced.
Unfortunately Sexy Mama didn't live up to my expectations. I find the texture quite dry and it's not really finely milled. Not that mattifying or longlasting either.
I might be spoiled by YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder but this one was really underwhelming...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As always the packaging's adorable, as is everything in TheBalm's line. The price is crazy for a face powder but I bought it after reading the positive reviews. What I don't like about this powder is I find it dulls my skin, I find it makes me sallow and my skin look dull and tends to highlight my large pores and any patches of dry skin. I've very dissatisfied with this product and I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by jessface83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got Sexy Mama at TJ Maxx in a 3 product set for $20! I had recently finished my MACBlot powder and really dididn't want to spend $26 one that one item. When I saw this at TJ Maxx I immediately had to have it for this one item. I have oily skin so I love blot powders and finishing powders. First off, I like the caedboard packaging. It feels sturdy and is easy to open and close. It also contains a mirror. The only thing I'm a like "ehh" about is the girl in lingerie on the cover. When I use this, I always get funny stares in public. Lol! Most arr curious as to what I am putting on my face. But that's the only thing off putting, in my opinion. But I just found some cute cloth and covered it that. Secondly, the product itself is awesome! I blot my face with it and it helps the oils and disapears into my skin! Love it and I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday powder and I'm not planning to change it. I don't wear much of foundation. Just a BB cream and then this amazing powder on. The reason I first bought this because it was translucent. And most brands claim to have translucent, but they are always darker than my very fair skin. The Balm solved my problem with this powder. I'm already on my third pack now.

The packaging is cute. When others see it, they never think it's actually a mu product, which amuses me. But it's adorable and I'm happy about the Balm's products. The price is nice for this quality of powder. While the Balm makes nice discounts at times, I always seem to miss them. *shakes fist at*

Will keep on repurchasing! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a face powder and honestly I bought this one because I was attracted by the packaging which was really cute. The second reason was it said "oil absorbent" because I have a really really really (so many really's) oily skin.

to be honest, I wasn't expecting so much from this product because usually cute packaging lies about quality. surprisingly, this product exceeded my expectations. It keeps my face matte, it does not cause breakout and it has pretty packaging with a mirror. I also got my friends asking me what i had used that my face became less oily. i always use this powder everyday after I put on my bb cream and it sits on my skin quite long. even though it's quite expensive i would totally repurchase it because it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by zeyneperkal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this is perfect for setting makeup at the end. when you finish all your makeup, just let it blend all your face. so natural. i will definetely buy again cause i don't like the look of make the powder covers my face. after 8 hours, there was nothing wrong on my face no bad feeling tough

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Bunmum2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This powder is not as finely milled as I like but is one of the few pale enough for me.

Added- After some use I have found that the translucence of this powder is misrepresented. I am incredibly pale and it makes my face 3 shades darker than my neck and chest.