July 22, 2014 | 2164 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer strips custom eye enhancing shadow & liner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by sleepeystar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love love love my Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Hazel Eyes! I like how fine the powder eyeshadow is, and the colours match my dark brown eyes well. Cramming little strips of colours in slightly varying finishes & shades is BRILLIANT, cos then you can blend to get whatever you want from the palette. Love that it's not overly-glittery, that'll be suicide cos I have typically puffy Asian eyes & also oily lids. Highly-recommended, well after all, it's only at US$9.90 (or thereabouts)! Only issue is staying power, I have oily lids and it is very humid in SG, so it doesn't stay for more than 4-5hours. Need to blot blot blot.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by rachieliu

Cheap price because I got it on sale at Winners (a Marshall's-type store), and I wanted a nice, pretty summery palette for my brown eyes. This palette had all of the pretty colours I was looking for, so I tried it out. They're not too pigmented and have a harder time staying on the lid, so I use it over creme eyeshadow and it blends into it really nicely. I've also tried adding a little water like the packaging suggests, but it didn't make a big difference for me.
Makes a really good, natural smoky eye and I like that they sectioned it off into trios.

Cons: The strips are actually pretty small, so I'm a little worried about how long the palette will last. I also ditched the sponge applicator almost immediately,

I'd definitely repurchase when this one runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by joyluvsmakeup

I got this in the one for Brown Eyes...I LOVE this combo!! It really makes my brown eyes pop for sure! The pigmentation is not as good as NYX (my fav) or MAC, however, this is still good. I also love the Hazel colors too! The only issue I have is its hard to pop open. I literally have to use my tweezers to pop open the containers..takes forever and I really don't want to break a nail!! LOL It does cost a bit for being a drugstore brand, but they are wonderful beautiful colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Amadee

I love this product! I bought the green eyes one and the colours are ingredibly pigmented and look amazing with or without primer. I also love how compact it is even though it has so many beautiful colours. I love the bottom 3 together, looks so pretty :) I'm taking it overseas with me so I'll have all the colours I need. If you can I would deffinately pick one up, don't worry about getting the one for your own eye colour just choose the colours you like

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this product a long time ago so I have no idea exactly where it came from. I just read the label today prior to using it for the first time in forever, and I have the one for brown eyes (even though mine are green).

I like the light pigments a lot as they are very shimmery and can be used as a highlighter. These nude shades are very nice and blendable. The rest of the palette is lavender, violet, plum and brown for lining. I have never used a shadow wet as a liner, so I tried this for the first time and was impressed. I like the brown pigment as it is not too dark and is also slightly shimmery so it applies smoothly and it stayed on my water line (never expected that).
I also used the plum to line my upper lashes which also worked well.

The purples aren't super pigmented when used dry as they are very shimmery (not glittery)... maybe they would be more pigmented if used wet, but they still work well and blend together beautifully. I agree with a previous reviewer who said that the shimmer takes away a lot of the pigment, so this product needs to be layered well to show up. I like that even though it is for brown eyes, the purples really make my green eyes stand out more than usual; the colors seem to bring out the aqua tones.

Anyway... I would like to try the one for green eyes but I am not even sure if this product is still around in stores. Plus PF products tend to be pricey for drugstore makeup that isn't anything magnificent. Probably would not purchase simply because there are even cheaper products out there that do a better job, but I am not disappointed with the product and I will continue to use it. I've had this one small palette for probably a few years and have used it quite a bit. Sometimes I've used it heavily and applied the shadows using those cheap/disposable sponge applicators, yet the palette looks like it's barely been touched. This will last a while so I am confident that I will not repurchase this version.

P.S. This product does NOT stay on well on it's own. It creases and dissolves so it must be used with a primer. I use mine with the UDPP which helps it stay on a lot better. If you are looking for a pigmented shadow that will really stand out, look elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by jujubes1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. The colors are nice but they have no staying power. If I use a high quality eyeshadow primer , I guess it could work. These are alright for drugstore eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by EstherR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The idea is great, the packaging is wonderful with explanations on the covering how to apply, as for liner: in few words: not good as liner but I guess it will be fine as creamy eye shadow, I donít use these colors as shadows so for me this product is not useful. I give it 3 out of 5 because I'm not sure it's not a good product, just for me it doesn't work out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I got this in the Smokey Blue Eyes color selection and it really makes my brown eyes POP!!!

Beautiful selection of bluish greys, dark navy and steel blues along with lighter silvers and even a golden/bronze color.

I always use a primer and a colored e/s base (NYX pots & pans) with these shadows and they stay vibrant for a very long time.

I love that they are very pigmented and easily blendable.

The downside is that the individual e/s colors are very narrow and you have to be careful when putting your brush into them if you don't want to touch the colors on either side.

Overall - I LOVE IT!!! I'm going to get every other color b/c I think these things are amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ivorywang

I was super excited to try out my "Physicians Formula Shimmering Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner, Bronze Collection" for Hazel eyes. I have brown eyes but prefer this palette.

Note: I always make sure to moisturize and prime my face before applying makeup.

Around 7:00am.
This product crumbled a fair bit while I was loading it up onto my eyeshadow brush. I had to apply several times to build to my preference. I applied the 4th shade for the inner corners, 5th shade in the middle of my lid, and the last shade for the outside V of my lid. It looked great and was easy to correct. I ran the 4th shade down the length of my nose to highlight but quickly removed it because I found the sparkles to be too chunky.

Around 9:00am.
The 4th shade on the inner corners of my eye have already completely disappeared, the 5th shade on my middle lids seemed to have faded a bit and the last shade was still holding up fine.

Around 3:00pm.
Coming home from work, I noticed that a lot of the total product had disappeared or clumped in my eye creases. Also, my eyelids looked more oily than usual.

Wouldn't recommend purchasing unless they reformulate to fix these problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by DarcyDoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeshadow!

I have hazel eyes. I bought the shimmer strips and the smokey versions for hazel eyes and green eyes as well.

I love they way they are packaged...you get like nine shades in one package!

I actually use the regular one for green eyes the most. I love the purples...I use them to line all around my eye and it really brings out the green in them. I get loads of compliments when I wear it.

My only complaint is that you have to put a lot on before the color really stands out...the colors could be a little more vibrant.

Other than that, I think it stays on really well, and I love all the different shades.