November 28, 2014 | 1823 users online

Powder - Cargo - Cargo Blu-Ray High Definition Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I like this very much. I have used it alone and over makeup and it always makes me look better :)
I have light yellow skin - about NC15 in MAC. I bought nr. 10 because I somewhere read it was a light yellow shade. I would say that it isn't a true yellow, but a neutral yellow - very good colour actually - very natural and healthy looking. It may be slightly lighter than my skin tone, but that is very easily fixed with a little bronzer/blush/contour, which I use anyway.
It's really true what people say: that this powder doesn't look powdery. Right after application, you may notice just a little bit that there is powder on your face, but it kinda melts/mixes in with your natural oils very fast and the powderiness disappears. It gives my skin a blurred appearance :)
The lasting power is good - it lasts me all day. The coverage is not like powder foundation, but like a powder - light/sheer. It's enough to blur out pores and a little bit of hyperpigmentation and overall even the colour of your face out.
My sensitive skin seems to not react to this at all - after certain makeup products it may feel a little rough (although no irritation or redness), but this doesn't have any negative effect on it. I have dry skin and I always look for powders that won't accentuate it. I have had powders that look good at first and my skin loves, but then they make me become really oily later out in the day (Kanebo Total Finish). This neither dries my skin out nor make me oily later on in the day - it just seems to balance my skin very nicely! BUT if you asked me if it has oil control, I would say no.
I can't really say much about other shades at this point as I ordered this over the internet, but I will definitely buy more of this powder to have for when I get more tan!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder truly has an impeccable finish with great coverage but there just isn't a good shade for me :(. I have neutral peachy-toned skin and the closet shade to my skin-tone was the second shade up from the very lightest.

I tried to make it work but, throughout the day, I'd glance in the mirror and not feel like my self! My face looked yellow, just like I'd had a bad foundation match. However, if you have very yellow/ warmed-toned skin I would recommend this! Also, I noticed the very lightest shade looked more neutral so If you have very pale, ivory-toned skin, that shade may work well for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by trayw86

I have huge pores and try to find make up that will help disguise them and based on some of the reviews on here I thought this product would work for me, but unfortunately it didn't. Firstly this product has a limited shade selection, I chose the lightest shade as it was the closest to my skin colour, however when applied this powder appears very yellow on me so I can only use it very lightly, upon application I also found this powder to be very noticeable. I also tried waiting for my natural oils to come through to see if maybe then it'd work but for me it just didn't, and despite the fact that I have oily skin this powder actually seemed quite drying for me. It also didn't help with evening out the colour of my skin or anything, rather it just sat on top of my skin looking very noticeable (I did try different methods of applying as well and different primers/ by itself, over foundation etc).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by katisita11

This is the absolute best powder I have ever used. I have tried NARS, M.A.C, Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Two Faced, and multiply products by Smashbox. Until trying Cargo's blu_ray I used Halo by Smashbox as my go to powder, however Cargo's blu_ray has replaced it by tenfolds. I have combination skin, where my skin is prone to break outs, but still manages to get really dry to where I sometimes my face has flakey dead skin. For my combination skin this product is totally perfect. It is extremely hydrating so that my skin does not feel dry and it actually helps to balance the dry areas on my face, but even so it hasn't led to one break out, and I have been using it for over a month now.
I also have an extremely oily forehead, like in every picture I get a horrible glare on it, and this powder counteracts the oil to where I haven't take a picture with the glare yet! I also like full coverage for when I do get break outs and want a flawless look, which the blu_ray provides perfectly. NARS left my skin way too dry, M.A.C made my skin break out horribly, Bobbi Brown didn't offer enough coverage for the matte/airbrushed looking finish I like, and Smashbox is crazy expensive. It is honestly the perfect powder

**the powder is really fine so to get the best results without wasting product you have to have a really good brush. the magic brush by cargo works perfectly with it. but just make sure to invest in a soft, short haired brush to get the full results.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I think this is the most amazing powder I own. So silky smooth, not powdery at all when applying it and it blends onto my face and the result is skin-like. I apply this with a kabuki brush and really blend it in well. A little goes a long way, so I really only have to dip my brush into the pan about 3 times for cheeks, down the nosebridge and on my forehead. I've stayed almost shine-free for hours on end when wearing this, compared to only 2-3 hours with my other powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by gnomechomsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this powder. It glides over my pores, doesn't emphasize dry spots and makes my face look flawless. I have acne-prone skin and it did not cause me to break out. I thought I had found my HG but the colors are just off. I am an NC20 and I find the lightest shade too light and the next shade up is too dark. The only reason I would not repurchase is that it oxidizes on my face after approximately 4 hours :( Otherwise, I would continue to use this powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG! i have this in 20, and its perfect for my NC25 skin. I use it over Kay von D's foundation, and also Revlon Photoready and its perfect with either. it never cakes on me, ever, and i dont need to blot or reapply, even after wearing for 10+ hours. very happy, but hate that i have to have it shipped to me as its no longer available in the UK, a minor inconvenience, the powdeer is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by VeryCherryBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it. For a pressed powder, this shocked the hell out of me because I can skip foundation and just use this, and it covers beautifully. A little concealer under my eyes, this powder, and technically, my skin is good to go. I'm not going anywhere without bronzer and mascara, but I technically could with this powder.

I have used both a brush and a puff with this, and it goes on great with both. I used a basic flat kabuki brush from EcoTools and it still blurs the flaws that I have -- uneven tone, a little scaring, and I'm pale so anything that's there will show up. I'm sure Cargo's Magic Brush is great, but I was happy just using my ET brush. *shrug*

I also have hypersensitive skin, and this didn't bother me at all. And to illustrate, I get mini blisters when I cry because my tears irritate my skin almost immediately. If the wind blows wrong, I will break out from irritation. When something doesn't irk my skin, I throw confetti.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAGICAL POWDER. This powder must have been handcrafted by fairies using unicorn horn and crushed diamonds. It blurs my face, making it look airbrushed, it eliminates flaws, hides fine lines, brightens my skin, makes me look glowing- yet matte! IT'S SO AMAZING. I can't stop fan girling over it! I just use the Sigma F80 and stipple over top of my foundation, and I look super awesome. The only problem I have with it is that it kind of settles in the crack between my nose and my face. I'm pretty sure it's because I get obsessed with putting it on and can't stop. It's like crack. Magical face powder crack. Go get you some.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this powder A LOT! I used to use MAC studio fix powder but then I switched to Cargo's liquid foundation and bought this powder to set it. I think that it works great to control oil and gives a really nice finish. When applying it I use a MAC 129 powder brush... I have also tried using a pad that I bought separately but this made it appear too cakey.