April 17, 2014 | 913 users online

Powder - Cargo - Cargo Blu-Ray High Definition Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by katisita11

This is the absolute best powder I have ever used. I have tried NARS, M.A.C, Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Two Faced, and multiply products by Smashbox. Until trying Cargo's blu_ray I used Halo by Smashbox as my go to powder, however Cargo's blu_ray has replaced it by tenfolds. I have combination skin, where my skin is prone to break outs, but still manages to get really dry to where I sometimes my face has flakey dead skin. For my combination skin this product is totally perfect. It is extremely hydrating so that my skin does not feel dry and it actually helps to balance the dry areas on my face, but even so it hasn't led to one break out, and I have been using it for over a month now.
I also have an extremely oily forehead, like in every picture I get a horrible glare on it, and this powder counteracts the oil to where I haven't take a picture with the glare yet! I also like full coverage for when I do get break outs and want a flawless look, which the blu_ray provides perfectly. NARS left my skin way too dry, M.A.C made my skin break out horribly, Bobbi Brown didn't offer enough coverage for the matte/airbrushed looking finish I like, and Smashbox is crazy expensive. It is honestly the perfect powder

**the powder is really fine so to get the best results without wasting product you have to have a really good brush. the magic brush by cargo works perfectly with it. but just make sure to invest in a soft, short haired brush to get the full results.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I think this is the most amazing powder I own. So silky smooth, not powdery at all when applying it and it blends onto my face and the result is skin-like. I apply this with a kabuki brush and really blend it in well. A little goes a long way, so I really only have to dip my brush into the pan about 3 times for cheeks, down the nosebridge and on my forehead. I've stayed almost shine-free for hours on end when wearing this, compared to only 2-3 hours with my other powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by gnomechomsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this powder. It glides over my pores, doesn't emphasize dry spots and makes my face look flawless. I have acne-prone skin and it did not cause me to break out. I thought I had found my HG but the colors are just off. I am an NC20 and I find the lightest shade too light and the next shade up is too dark. The only reason I would not repurchase is that it oxidizes on my face after approximately 4 hours :( Otherwise, I would continue to use this powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG! i have this in 20, and its perfect for my NC25 skin. I use it over Kay von D's foundation, and also Revlon Photoready and its perfect with either. it never cakes on me, ever, and i dont need to blot or reapply, even after wearing for 10+ hours. very happy, but hate that i have to have it shipped to me as its no longer available in the UK, a minor inconvenience, the powdeer is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by VeryCherryBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it. For a pressed powder, this shocked the hell out of me because I can skip foundation and just use this, and it covers beautifully. A little concealer under my eyes, this powder, and technically, my skin is good to go. I'm not going anywhere without bronzer and mascara, but I technically could with this powder.

I have used both a brush and a puff with this, and it goes on great with both. I used a basic flat kabuki brush from EcoTools and it still blurs the flaws that I have -- uneven tone, a little scaring, and I'm pale so anything that's there will show up. I'm sure Cargo's Magic Brush is great, but I was happy just using my ET brush. *shrug*

I also have hypersensitive skin, and this didn't bother me at all. And to illustrate, I get mini blisters when I cry because my tears irritate my skin almost immediately. If the wind blows wrong, I will break out from irritation. When something doesn't irk my skin, I throw confetti.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAGICAL POWDER. This powder must have been handcrafted by fairies using unicorn horn and crushed diamonds. It blurs my face, making it look airbrushed, it eliminates flaws, hides fine lines, brightens my skin, makes me look glowing- yet matte! IT'S SO AMAZING. I can't stop fan girling over it! I just use the Sigma F80 and stipple over top of my foundation, and I look super awesome. The only problem I have with it is that it kind of settles in the crack between my nose and my face. I'm pretty sure it's because I get obsessed with putting it on and can't stop. It's like crack. Magical face powder crack. Go get you some.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this powder A LOT! I used to use MAC studio fix powder but then I switched to Cargo's liquid foundation and bought this powder to set it. I think that it works great to control oil and gives a really nice finish. When applying it I use a MAC 129 powder brush... I have also tried using a pad that I bought separately but this made it appear too cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by xxkelsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using MAC Studio Fix for years. While I found it's a good powder, I recently got the itch to try other things to see if another brand/product would help me stay more matte throughout the day. I picked this up about two weeks ago and have been using it daily since then.
I bought it in shade 20. While I feel that Studio Fix offers me slightly better coverage; I feel that Blu_Ray gives me a much more natural finish (not flakey or cakey) and I am blotting half as much as I normally would with MAC. I don't feel like I am wearing a mask anymore. I've tried applying with a few different brushes. A large, fluffy powder brush seems to give me the most natural look. I use a kabuki when I want more coverage. Just an FYI, I do wear this over Skin79 BB cream (same with my old powder).

Overall, I do think I like this better than MAC. I'll likely try a few other powders to see what they can offer in terms of oil control. However, I can definitely see myself coming back to this powder and repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by alexgarza

Amazing product! I have tried so many powders and all of them were good but I never fell in love with a powder. I always thought it was just something to set your makeup, it could never be anything amazing. Until I stumbled upon this product. I stumbled upon this product and I am so happy I did. The texture feels like butter its really smooth and silky. It almost has that velvet silicone feeling to it. It only has 4 shades so it is easy to find your match. It is pretty mattifying but I need that for oil control. I love the coverage it gives to my foundation it makes my skin look flawless and pore less. Obviously great for pictures too! I rated it 4/5 bc I run through it so quickly!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by M1KEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is THE best pressed powder I have ever used. I think it's a little bit pricey, pricier than say a Mac Studio Fix powder and about half the size but the amount you need it so so small so this should last you months and months.

I'm not sure if there are *too* many HD pressed powders in general, I know i tried Graftobians and I did not like it at all for some reason.

So in short this is a pressed powder that aims to look invisible and give you a flawless finish that will self adjust to ambient lighting. It sounds like hooey right? it's not!

This powder makes your face look like you have studio lighting with you 24/7. this is THE only powder i've ever used that actually makes my face look better than it is. It's insane.

I'm not too sure if this powder give coverage because I never use powder for coverage, only to set my foundation but I have heard this can give light-medium.

this is a powder so it does take away shine but it won't keep oil at bay.

When this powder mixes with your natural oil it looks unbelievably amazing/natural. Like a second skin.

I use this with MUFE HD Foundation, and it's like, forget it, you just have perfect skin, like from a magazine.

You definitely don't want to swirl a brush in this because the powder is sooooo finely milled it will just poof and go everywhere. Lightly tap your brush in it to pick up the product.

Puts every powder to shame. I even had high hopes for the smashbox photo set pressed powder because I LOVE their HD foundation. Forget it, no other powder comes close to this. This gives a soft glow without looking shiny, or shimmery. Oily people will get oily tho, so you'll have to bring it on the go if you want to take the shine away. I kind of like the shine it gives tho.

This is way too long. If you even considered this powder, get it!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No