September 20, 2014 | 1175 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing all the hype, I just had to run out and purchase this. I had saved for months. And I do have to say - it has a definite place in my makeup wardrobe. It isn't the holy grail highlighter I was hoping for, but Amber Diamond does both highlight my cheeks and hide a few sins.

The particles are a little thicker than I thought they would be yet they don't settle into fine lines and wrinkles. The color would probably be great on skin tones in the NW 20-35 range or the NC 15-38 range. But on me, all that I can see is a slight sparkle when I turn into or out of the light.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by JordyNicky

This has been on my wish list for a while now so I finally gave in and purchased amber diamond as well as rose diamond. I just love highlighters and own more than 50 easy! This has to be my favourite! The most natural looking can easily be worn during the day and built up for more intense look for the night! Makes my skin look like a doll. Will last forever! So worth the price! Just purchased a back up in case it was ever discontinued lol :) go out and get it, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by nnabeela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most gorgeous highlighter ever for olive/indian skin tone. It's not too harsh and gives the perfect 'lit from within glow' and it can also be built up to be more intense without looking frosty. I use it to highlight the brow bone also and it pulls the entire look together. LOVE this and will definitely repurchase it when I run out, which won't be anytime soon. Ref: MUFE HD foundation 153, MAC NC40-42

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really care that this is Dior, and how awesome the packaging is, etc. That's not why I buy beauty products (for the name).

What makes this highlighter so special is that it really, truly works. For something that seems like it should be an afterthought when you're putting on makeup, this is actually a super integral part to the whole look coming together.

Since buying it, I use it almost every time I wear makeup. Even on those quick-job days when I'm just doing concealer and bronzer... I add this on my cheekbones/bridge of nose for instant glow. It's awesome!

The only thing that you need to be careful with, is although this doesnt add grease to your face, it can accentuate any oiliness. So i'm extra careful when/if i apply to my tzone.

Last point - this product, although so expensive, lasts forever. Worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by longs4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although this is a luxury highlighter & you may enjoy using it for that reason, the pros really stop there for me on this one. I found it to be an average highlighter and quite frosty which is not the look I go for since it adds years to my skin which is beginning to age (I'm 39 years old).

Many low end alternatives including Physician's Formula shimmer strip in Vegas strip give a similar affect, and you'll save a bundle. I was hoping for more with this, but for me it didn't live up to its hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Nitasha123

I really want to purchase this product so I went to House of Fraser they said they had run out of stock so I tried Boots the lady couldn't find it anywhere and so another colleague then told me that this product has not been discontinued there is a manufacturing problem in France but it has not gone forever so don't worry! I just want to buy this so badly and I can't seem to find any other websites without saying 'out of stock' :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been debating on this product for a while, I was trying to use up some of my other products before making this purchase because it is expensive....but sooooo worth the money. I am in love with this. I was worried that it would be too glittery on me, but it gives the perfect amount of shimmer, not over the top at all. I have only had it for a week but let me tell you, it's so gorgeous on the skin and holds up to just about anything. Last night I had this on when I worked out, I go right after work so no time to take my makeup off, and after an hour long sweatfest, it still looked great. I couldn't believe it!! I am so happy with this product and I would recommend it to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

saw youtubers rave about this and all the dior counters near my home were out of stock of it for months until i got my hands on one of these. i was so excited about this because i love highlighters and i saw how versatile it was supposed to be.

sadly i'm a bit disappointed. by no means am i saying this product is of low quality, but i think all the hype about this has sent my expectations too high. maybe i haven't mastered the exact skill to apply this, but it can sometimes appear quite glittery on my skin and be a bit over the top. nevertheless the effect that it gives is gorgeous but i wouldn't wear this to work, just for night outs or very special occasions. i'm grateful that it didn't cost me a fortune.

oh well, every girl has a materialistic side and i'm no exception. the fact that this is often out of stock and the rumors that it's gonna be discontinued still makes me so thrilled to own an amber diamond shimmer powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by RaenaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I gave into all the hype about this product. My expectations were high, which is usually what happens when I consistently read fantastic raves about an item (specifically high-end). But personally, it did not live up to the hype. It's packaging is gorgeous and the product in the pan is even more gorgeous! But it did not preform as beautifully on the skin.

If I were you, I'd go to Target or wherever sells ELF products and purchase their Golden Bronzer. It's in the black, Nars wannabe packaging for $3. Does what the Amber Diamond shimmer powder SHOULD do, but better. Yes, it does have the word "bronzer" in the name but it is definitely a light/pink/gold highlighter. No brown or bronze to be found in this product. Such a fantastic dupe and product in general. Can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What is a beauty addict's worst nightmare? Falling in love with a product that is...sadly discontinued. That's what happened to me when I discovered the holy grail of highlighters, Dior Poudre shimmer, the universally famous Amber Diamond. I found out that, while it's still available at overseas Dior counters as Sephora US and Nordstrom, it's already been discontinued in best part of Europe but, after a frantic search on line, I was able to order it from Harrods (where else?), the famous London department store.

So now that I've got it, was it worth it?

In a word, yes. It is an incredibly flattering combination of shades ranging from champagne gold to soft golden bronze but what makes it outstanding is the formula. It is a very fined milled pressed powder that creates a natural sheen, never frosty or over the top, highlighting the cheeks with a subtle but definitely there glow. It doesn't darken the skin, don't be fooled, it's not a bronzer or a blush, but leaves a beautiful shimmer with warm undertones. I've been using it everyday for the last couple of weeks and it still looks brandnew, so I'm chauffed with my investment. If you can, snatch it before it's gone forever!