October 22, 2014 | 1447 users online

Styling Products - Kevin Murphy - Motion Lotion / Hair Screen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I might be exaggerating to call this product "genius", but only a little. I don't know how this product does it, but it provides frizz free well defined natural looking curls that feel like silk to the touch with no additional weight to the hair whatsoever. It provides great curl memory. You can actually put your fingers through your hair without pulling out the curl. It also leaves no build up despite listing Mineral Oil and Dimethicone as ingredients.
I also like the fact that it can be used as a finishing product on dry hair; If I want a little extra separation and support for my curls I rub about a nickel's worth of product between my palms and scrunch it in.
If you have the typical 3A hair type like I (good natural curl, fine strands but a lot of them), I highly recommend you give this a try. It's a new staple for me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a mass of long fine wavy hair that I usually flat iron within an inch of it's life. I went to a new hairdresser on the weekend who suggested I try and work with what I have instead and suggested Motion Lotion. This stuff is just amazing, it activated and defined my waves and instantly gave it some body too which I so desperately needed as my roots have a tendendy towards oiliness. This has natural oils in it but no silicones (yay!) so it can be used again the next day on dry hair without any risk of dreaded build-up.
Seriously, where has this product been my whole life? continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by lint_licker

I have fine frizzy curly hair, and trying to find a product that smooths the frizz, enhances the curls and doesn't make my hair hard is tricky. This product does a pretty good job of that.

I don't have time to shower before work, so I apply this to smooth out my hair in the morning. Works like a charm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 8:40:00 AM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is marketed as a product that stops flyaway hair and also protects hair from UV exposure. It's good when applied to damp hair - gives nice defined texture. When applied to dry hair it gets rid of flyaway hair, but I find that if too much is used, then hair becomes flat. The smell is also not my cup of tea...