October 31, 2014 | 1494 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 001 Rose Diamond, Spring 08

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Shahz33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was originally hoping to use this as a glowy blush, but the color payoff is nill on my NC35 skin. I have instead used it as a highlighter, especially in the winter to give my skin some sense of life. looks beautiful and not glittery at all. The particles are very finely milled. I also use it on top of matte blushes to give me a bit more of a shine. Perfect for day and night. I couldn't ask for more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was in a market for a subtle, powder highlighter and this Dior product ticked all the boxes. It does not settle in the wrinkles on top of my cheekbones (I am almost 35 and I am not getting any younger but I like to look that way haha!) just gives a nice, fresh glow without so called 'disco-ball' effect.

Dior product does not give me pimples (unlike Benefit's Dandelion, grrrr, I still have a mark onmy cheek after this one!) and is a real pleasure to use - the velvet pouch, the packaging, the big mirror, the lot.

I am working it either with a quick swipe of my finger or a Sephora slanted, big brush. I think it will last ages as a single swipe of a brush seems to be enough for both cheeks (otherwise it is too much for me). The lightest of stripes works also as a highlight in my eye makeup.

Lasts pretty much all day on its own and also makes my cream blush last longer.

I am seriously tempted by the bronzed version (which I have heard can be also used as an eyeshadow) and I am so glad that these are now permanent in Dior's makeup range! Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for about 2 years and I find myself reaching for it at least a few times a week. And there is barely a dent in in the product! This particular color is a nice add on to blush or as a highlighter for the pale toned skin. Regular bronzers basically make my nw10ish skin look dirty, so this is a good alternative in that it adds some color and reflecting vibrancy, without being OTT glittery or too bronzey. Good for Summer looks especially and I always rec this to pale gals in the place of a regular bronzer. The compact has five colors in it, and the lighter shades are excellent for brushing over e/s or as a general highlighter, and the rest is good for an all over healthy glow. The chunky blue compact comes in the little luxe type velvet sack, no brush. It does cost $45.00 but I swear this product will last you forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by 6824emma

Beautiful, I have this along with the Amber Diamond bronzey one, Gives a lovely sheen and sexy glow to the cheekbones and face where needed (can also use a dab on the collar bone to accent at night).

A good shimmer powder which works well as its minus the glitter but simply a smooth shimmer and a true highlighter. Fab over all Dior foundations or other high end foundations and the perfect way to finish your look.

Well worth it as it lasts ages and makes you look fab quickly - bring out your inner glamourpuss with a quick stroke of a brush and this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this highlighter! I became curious about it after I saw it on a beauty blog, and had to try it out. Initially, I was worried that it would be too pink/cool for my NC20 skin, but I am unable to detect any obvious pink tones when it is on my skin. I have been applying it lightly right at the tops of my cheekbones, and it gives me such a gorgeous, polished look. It makes me look so much better without being obvious! It really is the lit from within look. The first time my aunt saw me with this highlighter on, she told me I looked great and "airbrushed."
For reference, I am a glitterphobe, and there are no obvious pieces of glitter in this highlighter. Just beautiful sheen. I have been wearing it paired with Nars Lokum cream blush lately, and it really looks amazing! It also does not accentuate my pores or any other skin flaws.
I can only recommend this product if you are looking for a great, subtle highlighter that you can wear everyday. Applied with a light hand, this product really takes your look to the next level. I am looking forward to trying the Amber diamond shade now too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I chose rose diamond over amber diamond because I have cooler-pinker undertones. I can't say enough about how pretty this is. Using a light hand, I can't ever see running out of this, it's huge. A little is all you need, or you could easily go overboard on it. It's a beautiful pink-hued highlighter I love to use it on the tops of my cheekbones and browbone. I'll never need another highlighter again, this is a lifetime purchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by LMQ1

I have warm coloring so I should have been more careful choosing the pink vs. the gold palette however I thought I would move out of my comfort zone. I have conflicting feelings about this purchase. It can add to an overall pink hue to your foundation if you're heavy handed so if you are yellow/warm colored like me use a decent neutralizer powder prior to its application (I like the Sally Hansen Carmindy loose powder personally-well made and decently priced). This definitely helped even out minor cheek ruddiness and let me feel confident about applying a pink-tinged highlighter. A little goes a long way with this and if you have imperfections at all they will be highlighted. Because of this I just use my finger vs a brush to apply and them blend it out gently with a small brush as this prevents too much product. For my combo/oily tendency skin this lasts all day and is subtly beautiful. This product can be used as a highlighter on more than cheekbones and it is, despite the price, quite lovely. It's Dior mind you; if you like lux products this is inevitable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this I was quickly bored by it and soon forgot about it, as I wasn't all that impressed. However, that was winter and this is summer, and it's now an essential part of my daily makeup!

This is ideal for subtly highlighting and contouring the face and gives you a polished but not overdone look. The shades all work well for me, though the darker shades can look a bit much unless I use a light hand. I wouldn't quite say it's universally flattering but I think this would work for a lot of skin tones, particularly the lighter shades.

For me, this is a product which makes the difference between good and great makeup. It makes my face glow without obviously being covered in glitter - always a bonus!! I would say it gives my face a healthy and glamourous-looking sheen, rather than an oily or glittery look.

This also seems to last longer on my face than a lot of other shimmer powders, and is a lot less obvious-looking. However, I strongly suggest using a good brush for this to get the full effect.

I'm not generally a big fan of Dior's products, but I will buy this again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by despoina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Have it and let all your girlfriends of yours,wonder if you are in love again....
The only negative thing of course is the price.Gave me a radiant face and at first i was thinking-nothing happened just a litle bit of pink on my face,i am not going to spend that amount of money,almost 50 euro in my country.But as soon as i got home my boyfriend told me how beautiful i looked-My boyfriend does not know what shadow means....
The next day i went back to the mall to try it one more time.I had this on my face during shopping and yes..i looked lovely and fresh.I bought it.The kind lady of Dior had put the lightest shades on my browbone and all the shades together all over my face.RADIANT Without being noticed that there is a product on face.Sounds Perfect don t you think???
The 002 shade made me dull,i know all the raves about it but 001 even with a c40 face and body foundation is the ooone for me.And i actually hate pink colour.But this looks sooooo good on my face.
Save money and get it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm glad that my skin color is light enough so that I can use it as my blush as well. It's a multi-purpose product. I use it on my eyes as well. But there are days when I think it's way too glittery (maybe it depends on the lighting). I found that you have to blend it into your skin really well to get a more natural effect. I would like if they made it smaller and put a brush in the package. I think it will last me forever, but when I'm done I don't think I'll repurchase unless I find a way to make it work every time
Update: I actually found a way to make it work for me. And now I LOVE it. I take my Dior blush brush and dip the very tip of the brush into this powder, next I use a light hand to apply it to the top of my cheekbones, and to get that candle-lit effect I repeatedly move the brush along my cheekbones. I found that it's the perfect way to use this product for me. I am so glad I didn't throw it out like I was going to

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No