August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Miracle Salve [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When I first got this, I used it for a little bit of everything. The lid twists off, btw - I mention that because I tried to pull it off first. Some of the ways I used this - I would put it on dry skin to remove makeup, then use a washcloth and hot water to remove. I would pat it through my hair. Use under eyes and of course on hands. There isn't much fragrance, if any. I doubt I will repurchase this, as it just doesn't wow me in any way, although I recommend you try it if you're curious about it. It can't hurt and it has multiple uses.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was on sale at Walgreen's for $1.69 for a 2 oz. tin so I decided to try it. My cuticles have been especially ragged. Maybe this would work if I could take the unctuousness, but it's just too dang greasy. It's as bad as Vaseline. When I was a kindergartener, my mom would slather Vaseline all over my face and to this day I can't stand the consistency of it. In the tin this salve looks waxy, but it is very shiny and oily. I'll try some on my hair and see how it works for that, but I can't have this stuff on my skin without freaking out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love it. My skin is oily but in winter it can be very dry. Especially after I shower, I sometimes see flaky areas (like on the forehead) from my face. This stuff is a life saver. It feels oily by hands but your face won't. The point is it moisturizes right away. You might say, so what, it is just a moisturizer. What I feel is it builds a solid and strong, yet feels very good, wall on top of skin. And skin stays soft for long time. I have not tried it enough like what the box suggests yet. Basically it says you can put it anywhere you feel dry, like your body and hair. Hope somebody else will update about it more...