Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Miracle Salve [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed extract, pollen extract, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, olea europaea (olive) fruit extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, adenophora stricta (ladybell) root extract

on 1/31/2008 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This was on sale at Walgreen's for $1.69 for a 2 oz. tin so I decided to try it. My cuticles have been especially ragged. Maybe this would work if I could take the unctuousness, but it's just too dang greasy. It's as bad as Vaseline. When I was a kindergartener, my mom would slather Vaseline all over my face and to this day I can't stand the consistency of it. In the tin this salve looks waxy, but it is very shiny and oily. I'll try some on my hair and see how it works for that, but I can't have this stuff on my skin without freaking out.

on 1/17/2008 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love it. My skin is oily but in winter it can be very dry. Especially after I shower, I sometimes see flaky areas (like on the forehead) from my face. This stuff is a life saver. It feels oily by hands but your face won't. The point is it moisturizes right away. You might say, so what, it is just a moisturizer. What I feel is it builds a solid and strong, yet feels very good, wall on top of skin. And skin stays soft for long time. I have not tried it enough like what the box suggests yet. Basically it says you can put it anywhere you feel dry, like your body and hair. Hope somebody else will update about it more...