Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 1/20/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG eyebrow pencil. I've repurchased it tons of times.

It is skinny enough to draw little hairs, it twists up so you don't have to sharpen, it's soft enough so it's easy to put on but not too soft that it crumbles or smudges the line. I've found it lasts longer than my anastasia brow wiz did.
The skinny comb spoolie on the other end is wonderful. I use shade dark blonde (which is the lightest shade) and it's perfect.

this won't give you the "perfectly sculpted gel looking eyebrows you see on instagram" which is why I like it so much. Just natural and wonderfully filled in brows.

I wouldn't change anything about this eyeliner.
price is great especially if you purchase on sale with a coupon.

on 12/28/2014 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is the best drugstore brow product I've tried. It lasts all day and looks very natural. I use medium brown which is a mid tone ashy brown. Many brow products are too warm for me (I have very dark brown almost black brows and olive skin), but not this one. It's very quick and easy to use. Pigmented enough that you only need one pass, but applies light and shadowy enough to look natural. The packaging is quite fragile and there is not much product in there. This is why I took off a lippie. Definitely a good alternative if you don't want to splurge on Anastasia!

on 11/25/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Inexpensive and good in a pinch for people with darker brown brows. If you are a natual redhead/strawberry blond or true blond with fair/light brows - this won't work. Not a HG but for me (light skin, dark hair) works fine and cheap.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The only reason that I say that this is ok is because I do my brows the same way everytime...which includes wax, pencil, maybe a powder, then cleaning with a concealer thats exactly my skin color, then gel...every single day this is my brow routine...so its an okay products bc of MY routine...as a stand alone brow pencil...it is not all that great. I love the shape of the packaging...but the pencil itself is not long wearing at all...if not set with powder and gel it will rub off. I test my brow products by being able to stay put through an advanced yoga class, or the gym...if they can stay on through either of those activities then I think its a win! this...hit or miss...I will use it up because I have an unopened one that I still need to use...but I will not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely ADORE this eyebrow pencil! I've been using it continually and no other eyebrow pencil can compete with the easy application, smooth colour, and good price! It's good for both beginners and experts! Of course, make sure you blend!

on 11/3/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it just remember to blend!

on 10/24/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I've purchased this at least a dozen times. I love the Anastasia brow pencil but don't like how expensive it is. I think this brow pencil is amazing for the price. The longevity is ok, but for this product to last all day on me, I find that it helps if I fill my brows with the pencil when they are bone-dry (before I apply any moisturizer, bb cream, etc. on my face), then go over my brows with a dark brown eyeshadow to set it.

on 10/18/2014 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Goes on smoothly but doesn't last very long on the eye. I mainly use this on errand days/gym days when I don't want to waste my Anastasia and it'll be coming off anyway with sweat. Since it does glide on smoothly, it doesn't take long to get a decent brow. Just don't wear it to a concert or a marathon and you'll be good. And take an extra one in your purse for touch ups if you are wearing it anywhere you care about.

on 10/17/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I went from the tart brow pencil to the sephora brand to now this one and I have to say, I like this one the best. They all seem to break at the tip intermittently but this one doesn't dry up and drag as much as the other two. It stays on all day and it's pretty good at gliding on smoothly. The color (blonde) blends well into my brows (pale skin/dirty blonde hair)
It's not perfect but it's better and less expensive than the others I've tried.

on 10/10/2014 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Literally just went out and bought this product yesterday. The brow pencil that i'm currently using is from Marcelle, but it's wayyyyyy too dark for my brows, even with a light hand.

So I bought this on a referral from a friend of mine who is a total beauty savant. I just can't afford to go to Sephora and get something really expensive so I asked her about drug store brow pencils and which were best, she said this one or the Brow Fantasy from Revlon. Well I got this one, since I didn't think I really needed the gel and everything that comes with the Revlon one, (my brow hair gets trimmed pretty regularly).

This morning was my first time using this brow pencil and wow! I'm really quite impressed! I got the dark blonde shade since I have red hair (I thought the other shades would be too dark). First I fill in my brows a bit with some rusty coloured eyeshadow just to match the auburn in my hair, and then I went over them with this pencil, just to darken them up a little bit and make them more natural, and holy geeze. This pencil works perfectly. I only twisted up as much pencil as I needed, and was very light handed with it. It went on evenly and smoothly. My brows don't even look like they've been filled. I am so glad I bought this little miracle worker. Thanks Maybelline! I'll keep using this for a while.

Popular Brows Products