January 26, 2015 | 1581 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by debbiedebbiey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it ! Just creates a great canvas- very neutralizing - this & painterly= Love!
Lasts all day- es stays true to color.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mkil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As always, the presentation of this product is amazing. MAC just has a trez chic look and feel to their products that screams class.

This product feels creamy when swatched, but dries very quickly once out of the pot. Due to this I find it a little difficult to distribute evenly and flattly across the lid. It feels slightly cakey when it is on, and I find is very heavy on the lid.

HOWEVER!

It does work wonderfully as an eye primer. I found it eased the blendabilty of my shadows and truly did even out the colour of my lids. It did not crease and prolonged the life of my shadows.

Now for my real downfall :-( I had to return this product after two uses because it left the skin on my eyelids red and scaley - kind of like eczema, but I don't get eczema and I don't have sensitive skin. I am guessing it was an allergy, as MAC products are known to activate a lot of allergies with would-be MAC lovers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by itsglamourose

I stopped using an eyeshadow primer after I got this one! I put this all over my lid before putting any eyeshadow, its great with any type of eyeshadow, cream, pigments or powders. It really makes the eyeshadow last longer and more vibrant! I got mine during the warehouse sale so I only paid $12 for a bottle which will definitely last for a very long time! This is so colose to my skintone that it really works perfectly as a primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I finally decided to buy this. Let me tell you.
This stuff is magic as an eyeshadow base. It made my eyeshadow last throughout the entire day, and I was sweating and it was really hot throughout the entire day. The only part of my makeup that didn't budge was my eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by monvai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This must be used with a primer. It will not last without a primer for more than 4 hours. Having said that, I really like this to even out any discolouration and for a nice cut crease look. Painterly is too pinky and soft ochre is just nice for my skin tone. You can also modify the use by only applying it between your crease and brow bone (for crease colours to show) and use a heavy colour on the lid itself. For this purpose, Soft Ochre is perfect. I cant imagine me finishing this quickly though (likely to take years)- should have bought samples so it wont dry out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by fairynah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love, love this soo much!! It makes your eyeshadow more vibrancy, its easy to blend out and it doesn't crease even if i was sweating in this hot and humid weather.. It maybe slightly pricey $36 if I'm not wrong but it can definitely last for quite a while.. Overall I'm satisfied ! 😚

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this base. I really like how this lightly neutralizes the discolouration on my eyelid and how it make any low quality eyeshadow stand out. I find that if you use too much of this base it looks cakey and creases. If used sparely I find that my eyeshadow stays waterproof and smudge proof on my watery monolids. Would repurchases again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by albs

I bought this to use as a primer, because like a dummy I thought I'd "try something new", and have since purchased three primers that don't really work very well for me after finishing up my NARS eye primer. It doesn't work for me on its own, I get creasing and fading after several hours. I find the texture rather dry and somewhat difficult to blend on the eye. For a while when I would apply it it looked incredibly dry, yellow, cakey, and just really unappealing. I have found a way for it to work for me however, and have been wearing it this way almost daily under my eyeshadow. I apply my eye primer (TheBalm Put A Lid On It) which it quite a thin, almost silicone-y eye primer, let it set for about 30 seconds or so, apply a small amount of Soft Ochre and blend it gently (but well!), let it dry down and then apply my eyeshadow. This prolongs the wear of my eyeshadow considerably as compared to my primer alone. I'm not sure that I would repurchase it because it doesn't make sense to buy two eye primers when you can get away with one that really works, but if you have this and a primer that isn't doing what you need it to do, try them together.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Gretalin

I like this paint pot but I'm not that crazy about it. For me, it is a good eyeshadow base and that's it. On the bright side, it evens out the skin tone, gives a nice and clean base for eyeshadows to pop. It does not prevent the oil from my eyelid what so ever. If I don't use a primer underneath, my eyeshadow will still creases on me. If I'm gonna wear it, I'll always pair it with my UDPP. Overall, it's a good product, but I don't think it is a "must have" for me.

For more in-depth review, please go to my blog http://gretalinbeauty.com/2014/03/30/all-the-mac-paint-pot-i-have-reviewswatches/

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to shadow primer. The price point is just right considering how much you get and how very little you need to use-beats the heck out of Urban Decays price point and how much you get...though I love that eye primer too. But if I had to choose between the two...it would be MAC all the way!