Becca Stick Foundation

3.8

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch,Cetyl Palmitate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Polyisobutene, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Polyethylene, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Trihydroxystearin, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Petrolatum, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Carmine CI 75470]

on 4/22/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have some sun spots on my cheeks so the SPF in this is wonderful for me. I apply this directly to my face, blend out with a damp sponge (thank you Goss MUA) and then powder over it. This makes my skin look flawless and lasts all day. The coverage is great and it really improves the texture of my skin. Most importantly, this never ever breaks me out. Big love for this one.

on 1/15/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I have been using this in the shade 'Sherbert' which is for cool toned fair skin. The coverage is quite good however it can be difficult to blend in as it is very thick. I normally use my fingers to warm it up and then a flat top kabuki (sigma f80) to blend and buff it in a bit more. I find it still sits on top of my skin and accentuates any flakes or small hairs but still manages to transfer off my T-zone.

Would not repurchase.

on 11/18/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this in the shade 'Sherbert' which is for cool toned fair skin. The coverage is quite good however it can be difficult to blend in as it is quite thick. I normally use my fingers to warm it up and then a flat top kabuki (sigma f80) to blend and buff it in a bit more.

It was a decent colour match which is a challenge for me, but probably not something I'd wear in winter. With the mineral foundation of the same brand (shade 'Beloved') applied over the top, I'm shiny by the end of the day but still covered.

I have tried numerous foundations in the past and pretty much hated them all. I can't stand the feel of most foundations, they feel heavy and always look like I'm wearing foundation (cakey, heavy, or flat). I've tried powder, cream, and liquid with no luck.
Until I tried this. It is the first foundation where I've found a perfect color match. And it's doesn't feel heavy or look cakey! So I thought for sure it would break me out since I figured I couldn't get lucky enough to find a foundation that actually works for me but...no break outs! I have tried this alone, on top of sunscreen, with my Clinique City Block spf 25, Becca LSP, and alone but set with powder. Each way worked beautifully. I have found that it works better when applied with fingers since the warmth of my fingers helps the products to melt into my skin better and it blends easier. Also, when using it with something like the Clinique or the Becca LSP, I put the stick foundation on first, don't blend it in, then apply one of the liquids on my entire face & blend in. Works great!
I like how I can reapply the stick foundation later in the day if needed and it still won't look cakey. It also works great as an undereye concealer or blemish concealer.
When removing, I just use my Mac oil cleanser followed by a foaming cleanser and it removes it all.
You need very little so even though it's pricey, it will last a long time. I've had mine for a couple months and have barely made a dent. This will probably last me a about 1.5-2yrs easily.

I normally wear Nw15 (though I'm more neutral and can probably wear NC20 and I wear Praline.

on 5/27/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product. When I used it initially, I loved the smoothing coverage that evened out my complexion and the dewy finish that made me glow. The colour match in Tahini was also perfect for my pale but prone to redness skin. However I now know that this dewy finish is as a result of thick, waxy ingredients that, after a while made my skin itch uncontrollably and I felt as though I needed to scrape the heavy, cakey substance from my face. For anyone with remotely oily skin, even if it's just in the T-Zone, powder is essential for use with this foundation otherwise its poor staying power will slide right off your face. Retailing at a very expensive 42 euro in Ireland, less is definitely more. The slim, chic packaging and natural colours are the main attributes for this otherwise unremarkable, pricey product.

The foundation stick comes in over 30 shades, so everyone can find their happiness, including very dark skintones. It's very practical to take along for travelling and use in a hurry because you can apply with your fingers.
I personally think that it's easier to apply it with my foundation brush, particularly if it's already wet from the primer and/or the liquid sheer foundation of the same brand, that is meant to be used in combination with the stick. With my hands I found it a bit thick and waxy.
However, the coverage it gives is not at all cakey or pan-stick like - it's kind of medium coverage but buildable and I found that, applying with a brush, it was easy to build up without it looking like I had a ton of stuff on my face. Also I didn't need much so I don't think this stick will be used up in no time, like it does happen with some cream products.

The SPF 30 is obviously nice, and like all other BEcca face products, this is very long-lasting including under warm weather.
The products are not cheap, but you do pay for a great quality: 8.7g, USD44 - £35

on 2/15/2011 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I generally prefer liquid foundations, but I really like using Becca Stick foundation because it matches my skin tone better than any product I've tried. The color I use is Syrup (MAC C7 for reference). Because this is a stick foundation, it can be challenging to work with at first, but I found that if I apply it on top of the Becca Luminous Skin Color (their tinted moisturizer), there's tons more slip and it is really easy to blend and get the right coverage where you need it. Sometimes I use it without the LSC first and I have to use my fingers to warm it up and blend it better. Either way, once I set with loose powder, it's fine.

Pros:
Great color selection
High SPF
Buildable to medium coverage
Doesn't irritate or dry out my skin

Cons:
Can be hard to work with
High price
Must set well with powder or else it looks greasy and moves

Overall, even though it's expensive I will repurchase when I run out since it matches so well and I can control how much I need to use and I don't need much to get the right effect. Like I said before, I use this with the LSC (in shade Tobacco), but I also use the concealer (in shade Syrup) from this brand and Shimmering Skin Perfector (in shade Topaz).

on 1/12/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i don't understand how anyone could think a stick foundation is going to look like you don't have anything at all on because by nature they are a thick, somewhat dry formula. this one is no different though it's the first one i've bought. it looks ok on firts application over the lumnious skin colour but when it dries you can see the patchy little swirls/cracks where it has settled - i don't have wrinkles, acne or scars so this is a big con for me. maybe for people who usually have bad skin & they can live with looking like they have stuff on their face over what their skin is like without anything on, but personally i'll stick to my tinted moistertrisers & maybe liquid/mineral powder for special occasions.

that being said the colour match for me was perfect - macadamia, just superb, i have slight uneven skintone so really wish this came in a lighter formula.

on 10/22/2010 7:58:00 AM

I was skeptical at first using a stick foundation over the tinted moisturiser. The result is nice and natural. I use the LSC in Sand and the stick in Praline. I then cover spots and blemishes with the creamy concealer. The whole process is very cumbersome and the three products cost an arm and a leg, but so far it is the best result I have ever achieved. Whilst the tinted moisturiser is 50ml, the stick contain very little product for the price (8.7g). The colour range is extensive (over 30 colours divided by pink, neutral and yellow undertones) and very hard to match. This product is very waxy and does not look cakey also on dry skins.

on 9/20/2010 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm a fan of this stick foundation. I love stick foundations because it's easy to travel with. The color is great to blend in with fingers. It's very light and feels as if there is nothing on my face. Doesn't feel heavy. The coverage is medium and buildable. I apply the foundation to dark spots and areas that need coverage and then just blend. This allows my natural skin to show through giving it such a natural appearance for everyday. For reference, I am inbetween a NC50-NW45 in Mac foundations. (NW44 would be perfect). The Almond looked a tad bit too dark for my complextion. I guess due to the neutral tone. It worked well around the perimeter but not too well for the rest of the face. So I purchased the Chestnut and it was perfect. I've been breaking out lately but I'm not too sure if I could blame it on this foundation or not. This foundation is about $44