Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation

3.2

Zinc Oxide, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ptfe, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 8/2/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this in 'classic ivory', which appeared to the lightest shade available (but I could be wrong). Once I opened the packaging and applied the product, there was only one thing I could think - orange! I am sure this product could work fine on those of you who have tanned skin, but if you have a fair complexion I would not recommend.

The brush is very stiff, and I can only describe it as useless. In my opinion this kind of powder really needs a good powder brush to distribute it evenly - and there is no way this brush can do that. However, it is nice of them to include the brush.

The packaging is only OK. It is very messy and you will get powder on yourself or your bench top. It's also hard to assume how much you will need to shake the container to actually get the correct amount of product.

I think the powder in itself would be OK for people with tanned skin, and dark skin. The product did set my liquid foundation (but I did oil up), and is also usable as a foundation alone (which I can't because of obvious pimples - so this is a no if you want to use it singularly as a powder if you have acne prone skin). The powder does have a nice finish, as I said before, my issue with the product is the poor colour availability.

The product is cheap however, you can buy this in AUS for less than $20. Would not buy again, there are better products.

on 6/14/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Ehh-I used this for years along side the liquid version (which is now discontinued) and I thought i liked it so much I'd still order the liquid version from Ebay. The liquid didn't cover much, more like a tinted moisturizer, but with the mineral powder over it-it would give me an amazing coverage and look. So, somewhere along the way, I'm not sure if they changed the ingredients or what (I know a lot changed because there was less color options, and the liquid was discontinued), but this started to feel and look and BE horrible for my skin. It became cakey, flakey, and broke me out like crazy. I stopped use at that time which was about 10 months ago and my skin got better. I recently tried it again like a month ago thinking maybe it was something else causing my skin to get that way, but def broke out again and got the same bad results. HATE IT. Acne prone, oily, sensitive skinned girls-STAY AWAY.

on 2/17/2014 5:53:00 PM

The first foundation I ever used, and such success! It applied evenly and well, matched my skin tone, and it lasted throughout the day with decent coverage. I did find that occasionally my face would get itchy within an hour of wearing, but otherwise, I enjoyed this product while I used it. I have yet to purchase again, but if I find it in my area, I will.

on 2/12/2014 7:08:00 PM

I have been using this powder for about 3 years now and it is definitely my HG when it comes to powder foundations. I was surprised to see so many bad review about this product since it has worked so well for me. I use it alone with the mineral concealer just under my eyes and over areas that tend to get more red, but this is PERFECT for days when I do not feel like wearing liquid foundation. It gives a smooth finish and blurs flaws and redness for an everyday natural look. I also use it to set my Lancome 24hr foundation. The only issue with this product is that it can look too dark if applied with a heavy hand. However, if the right amount is used it is the perfect shade for me. I am in Classic Ivory and I have fairly light skin with neutral undertones.

on 2/4/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Do you ever use a product for a long time, and it's your holy grail product, and you always feel so confident with it on, and then that one friend that is always just a little bit too honest tells you "hmm...something is off with your foundation.."

and you look in the mirror, and it looks awful, and everyday when you look in the mirror at the end of the day it looks disgusting and you never noticed it before and IT'S AS IF YOU CAN ALMOST HEAR SATAN LAUGHING AS THE FLAMES OF HELL SEEP UP FROM UNDERGROUND AND SLOWLY BURN YOU TO DEATH.

If you have ever used this foundation, you probably know what I mean, or maybe I just made you aware of it. In which case, I apologize. Or maybe you love it, and it looks good, then you can sit back and laugh at my misery because this is just my experience.

This foundation made my skin look awful, and I cringe at the thought because I wore this faithfully from fifth grade to sophomore year...and no one told me it didn't look that great. I have oily skin, and this was good for keeping me from being oily, but it constantly looked cakey. It doesn't have that great of coverage, but if you don't have acne that should be fine. Mostly it was the color that got me. It looked very orange in direct sunlight. I couldn't detect it indoors, but it almost makes me emotional thinking about how awful I must have looked all those years while I was outdoors. Oh my.

I really wouldn't recommend this, especially for acne prone people like myself.

on 1/14/2014 7:32:00 AM

Used this for over 6 months. I loved the finish. It give me that extra coverage I needed to cover my acne scars. However, I didn't realise it was making my skin worse. It has bismuth in it. Which is known to be pore clogging. It's also in a lot of mineral makeup (eg. Mac MSF). Acne prone women beware!! Mineral makeup is not as good as it sounds. I'm now using Lorac porefection baked perfecting powder.

on 1/6/2014 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love love love this product... For me, only maybelline has the color of my skintone.. It is talc free which my friend told me that its one of the mineral that has to be avoided if you have an acne prone skin... I would definitely buy this product again and definite recommend this to anyone.

on 12/28/2013 4:27:00 PM

The lightest vcolor available was still waaaay too orange. Its a shame since I am in need of a powder and was hoping this would be good but I was very wrong.

on 12/13/2013 3:19:00 AM

I absolutely love this stuff and I use it almost everyday. I have a few dark spots on my nose and a couple of red patches under my nostril and I just wear this by itself and it just completely evens out my skin tone. I probably wouldn't recommend it for people looking to cover up blemishes or for a perfect skin tone as it doesn't have very good coverage and has more of a natural look. I have it in the shade 'Nude Chair' which is a perfect shade for my skin as it is almost yellowy which just brightens up my face. It's also not heavy on my skin and I don't feel suffocated. The only down side is the brush it comes with, it's horrendous and it feels like I'm using a tree branch on my face. Other than that I love it and highly recommend it for people looking for a everyday natural foundation.

on 11/29/2013 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This stuff does the job, but it's nothing extraordinary. It's a little drying, so I guess it would work better for oilier skin types. I never use mine just as a regular foundation - rather, I use it to touch up areas that need a little more coverage...but most of the time, I forget that I own it at all. The brush is stiff and the powder tends to fall right off of it, which is weird because the "Pure Blush Mineral" line by Maybelline has a super-soft brush that works fantastically with the powder. Oh well.