Pangea Organics Facial Mask - Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry

4.4

Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Lavender Alcohol, Green Clay, Wildcrafted Seaweed, White Bentonite, Organic Green Tea Powder, Organic Matcha Tea Powder, Wildcrafted Sea Vegetable Powder, Glycerol Stearate, Soy Lecithin, Wildcrafted Irish Moss, Sucrose Stearate, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Jojoba Seed Oil, Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Organic Essential Oils of: Green Mandarin, Green Myrtle, Lavender, Basil Linalol, Organic Herbal Extracts of: Green Tea, Yerba Mate Tea, Cucumber, Calendula, Kelp, Goji Berry, Acai Berry, Lemon Peel, Peppermint, Rosemary Xanthan Gum.

on 2/26/2011 4:15:00 AM

As some other reviewers have noted - the "feelgood" factor may outweigh the results, but it does feel pretty good and I look forward to using it as a weekly facial treat.

I bought this mask in Sephora based on the rave reviews on this site. I wasn't expecting any earth shattering improvements in wrinkles etc - but I do find it calms redness, reduces pore size & gives me a subtle glow after using it. (While using it I look like some sort of "mud monster from the deep" lol)

The smell is quite herbal/muddy - which I find quite relaxing, but if you're more into fresh or floral scents it might not be for you.

I have the tube style packaging and definitely prefer that over a jar for hygiene and ease of application. With the tube you can neatly squeeze a little blob into your palm or onto your fingertips and then spread over your face without getting gritty bits under your fingernails. It's a pretty pricey product but a little bit goes a long way.

A wet face makes for easier application - seems to thin the base of the product out and allows coverage of your whole face with less product. Applying the mask thinly also makes it less messy to wash off at the end. You do need lots of warm water to get the last traces off and if you have white towels (like I do) beware. On a couple of occasions I've left dark green streaks behind after missing a few spots under my chin or getting a little bit into my hairline. It comes out fine in the wash - just a bit annoying if you've used a freshly washed towel.

Despite the price - I will probably repurchase when my current tube runs out.

on 2/2/2011 1:14:00 PM

The feel good factor of this mask can easily obscure ones opinion of the efficacy of this product. It feels good intuitively, given its organic and all but after using the entire jar, I struggle to see what this does. The herbs are not concentrated enough to exfoliate and it doesn't dry completely for any real oil absorption. It could be great for those with highly reactive skins that cant use strong stuff but I am not among those. I would not purchase again given its high price point. Its very messy to use and takes about 25min to dry so its not a quick pick-me-up. It has the tendency to leave a slight film so its better for drier skin types.

on 11/16/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have the tube version of this. It is "ok"but nothing special. the smell can be tough to handle, and it's very messy during the rinse-off phase! also, very pricey.

It has a loooong list of ingredients so the formulation is complex, but it still somehow retains it's organic label.

I don't regret the original purchase but I probably won't repurchase this mask - I'm favouring Eminence and Shea Terra products at this point.

on 10/24/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have this mask on right now. I've been a huge fan of it for at least 2 years. Sadly, they've changed the consistency and the packaging has changed. It used to be in a glass jar and the mask was THICKER. Now it's in a plastic tube and it's a sad watered down version of it's predecessor. This mask used to remove redness and fine lines in one use... now I'm struggling to see any improvements other than the soft feel from the exfoliating effect. I'm so disappointed. I want the original formula back! I'll just stick with PTR sulfur clay mask, for now. :(

on 10/4/2010 11:30:00 PM

This is the best mask I've ever used! I was recently introduced to this brand and I'm already crazy about several of its products. This is definitely one of them. I will not describe this this mask, as I don't want to sound redundant considering that this has already been reviewed by a number of people, but I definitely want to add my praise and amazement over how well it performs - and boy, does it perform. My pores are smaller, my tone is more even and my skin is seriously the softest it's every been after I wash it off. The results are also not short lived as it's usually the case with most facial masks, but easily last for a day or two after application. The only con I can think of is the price tag, but you can buy this for cheaper on some sites, and considering that this product contains some of the world's BEST ingredients as far as antioxidant-power goes, this is a worthwhile expense imo. EDIT: I changed my rating from 5 to 4, as this mask has been irritating me slightly. It's nothing major but it makes my skin itch a little bit here and there. People with truly sensitive skin should be careful .

on 10/2/2010 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i revise review...

1. this does almost nothing.. home made mask works much better than this ( plain honey & oatmeal mask.) . there is no point i should keep this.

2. smelling gross

3. i bought this at whole food market at 29$. and at Sephora , they are selling this 40$.. compared with what this does, it is ridiculously expensive.

i return this tomorrow...disappointed.

on 9/29/2010 5:20:00 AM

Favorite! Love it. This mask helps keep skin clear. Not drying at all. I have very sensitive skin and this has never caused any bad reactions. Smells herbal but not in a bad way. Packaging contains seeds for herbs used in the mask and you can plant it. Only negatives are that it looks like you've spread poo on your face and it's fairly expensive, $40 for a small jar.

on 9/22/2010 12:08:00 AM

I never rate on samples but i got this with my Sephora order and decided to try it. Strange, gritty texture, VERY earthy smell, and then a hit of alcohol. Since the sample packet had no instructions etc I really wasn't sure what the stuff is supposed to do or what I was supposed to do with it. The S.O. asked if I'd just been rolling around in the mud. I was ready to hate this stuff and couldn't wait longer than 10 minutes to take it off. So I rinse and towel off and WOW my face feels softer than with just about any peel/mask I've used, but really MOIST as well. Not a big fan of masks but this is amazing. Will update with next use!

on 9/14/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

An awesome face mask that I have fallen in love with! I love the earthy smell, and the consistency makes me feel like the product is wholesome and not very processed. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, so I got a few samples at Sephora. I used all three samples over a few weeks time, and each time I used it, I loved it a little more. This stuff is great for my oily, acne-prone skin. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean, and glowing. I went out and bought a big tube, and although I found it really expensive compared to other masks on the market, I couldn't stop myself from buying it. It makes me feel that good!

on 8/12/2010 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This earthy mask leaves my skin refined and soft. I'm a big fan of Pangea, which makes quality products using organic, healthy ingredients. The mask doesn't do anything remarkable nor does it give long-term results, but it's a great way to pamper skin naturally. I usually use it as a scrub first, then allow it to dry.

Popular Masks