Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 2/4/2015 9:55:00 PM

This eye primer was okay. Thankfully I only purchased a travel sized one because it is not that great. It works better than no primer or priming with a pale cream shadow, but does not stand the test of time for me. I need my makeup to last up to sixteen hours some days and when I use this about half my eyeshadow is left by the end of a long day. Sometimes the product separates a little in the tube and it will come out greasy. I will not be purchasing this again.

on 1/16/2015 1:51:00 PM

Too Faced can be hit or miss for me- this one is a miss. For some reason, my eyelids itch with this one and staying power is average at best. UD, MAC, and even ELF are better. Fine to use if it is included with another product but I would not repurchase.

on 1/11/2015 3:24:00 PM

This was my first Too faced product and I have to say I'm disappointed. I ordered it from Asos and I was really excited to try it out since this was my first eyelid primer that wasn't from a drugstore brand. When i open the package from asos the first thing I see is the little cute blue box and I really liked it. It's adorable! The packaging is unfortunately the only thing I liked about this product. The texture felt of grainy and uneven, it was hard to apply because of this. My eyeshadow didn't last all day and the primer didn't accentuate the eyeshadow.

I prefer Urban Decays eyeshadow primer, this one wasn't for me.

on 1/7/2015 10:57:00 PM

I could do with or without this product:
I didn't notice my makeup lasting any longer than usual. Though, the packaging is cute -- sort of Princess vibe.

on 1/3/2015 3:24:00 PM

I've used this for years. I really like it. My eyeshadow never creases and lasts all day.

The actual formula is awesome! My eyeshadow stays on much longer and is gorgeously vibrant. I am not a huge fan of the packaging and wish that there was an attached applicator, especially since it is quite expensive. Keep your eye out though; sephora often has this as a points perk!

on 12/31/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This one is simply overhyped.
My main problem with this one is: why is there a gross liquidy thing that comes out every time I use it? I have to spend time to wipe of the spills and I don't know if its worth it. there are better eye primers out there with less hustle.
I bought this at Mecca Maxima for $27 AUD more than a year ago & I haven't used it that much.
Now that I have dry skin & very dry flaking eyelids, I obviously don't need this anymore.
But at the time that I have been using this when I needed it, besides the leaking substance, this does keep your eyeshadow on for a much longer time compared to not wearing any base at all.

on 12/28/2014 11:55:00 PM

My HG primer. My shadows go on so vibrant, and don't crease or budge all day. I've been using this for about five years and repurchase every time I finish a tube.

on 11/28/2014 9:25:00 PM

This primer does a good job keeping my eyeshadow from creasing, but after the 12-14 hour mark, I do start to see some creasing occasionally. The most bothersome thing for me, though, is that this product separates and sometimes when I squeeze it out, this weird water/oily substance comes out. I just don't think a $20 primer should do that. My Milani primer does the same thing, but it's a much more reasonable price.

on 11/26/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I rate this eye primer 3.5 stars because it does a decent job of keeping eyeshadows on my lids from creasing or fading for most of the day. After the 12 hour mark, I can see a bit of creasing and fading.

I'm deducting lipsticks for the price tag as I think it's rather pricey for the amount of product and it can't compete with the Etude Proof 10 eye primer or WnW's Fergie eye primer. Those primers make my shadows last for more than 12 hours and my eye makeup looks almost as fresh as when I applied it in the morning.
Plus they're much less expensive than the TF Shadow Insurance.

I wouldn't recommend this primer unless you love all things Too Faced and don't mind the price tag.