Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After reading all of the good things here, and elsewhere on the internet, I purchased Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I have trouble with dark liners migrating throughout the day. I know I'm in the minority, here, and I'm ok with that - I did not love TFSI. The first time I used it, there was product separation, as other reviewers have mentioned. So I shook that tube like a polaroid picture and it helped. But the real deal breaker for me was the way it made the skin on my lids look dry and much older. I moisturize daily and nightly with a good quality eye cream, so there is no call for that. I blended, used less, used more, but all to no avail. It's going back to Sephora.

for me, this is one of those products that makes you regret ever doing your makeup and leaving the house before you bought it! i've never had much luck with primer, to the point where i thought it might just be a weird fad that companies made to try to sell a useless product (don't worry, i'm wincing at myself right now), then this baby came in the post! i purchased it full size on ebay for £11 with free postage.

my favourite way to apply the product is on my eyelid, inner corner, into my eyebrows and underneath my eyes. it's amazing for work. i work in retail and by the end of the day my eyes still look bright and lovely. it does crease after about 8 hours, but the consistency makes it easy to spread the collected product back into place - and this is coming from someone with ridiculously sweaty eyes whose eyeshadow was literally lasting about 2-3 hours beforehand!

the consistency is quite runny but not enough to be irritating, it's good because it means that a little goes a long way, once it has settled you cannot feel the primer at all. sometimes before nights out i forgo my face primer and actually use this on my entire face! i very clearly could not love it more!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I returned this - something I rarely do! I have very dry skin around the eyes and have never really had a problem with eye shadow creasing, however I do have a problem with concealer creasing and fading under the eye so I purchased this for that. This didn't help with creasing even slightly, didn't help concealer stay on longer, and looked very cakey after a short time. It sort of grabs your makeup and makes it hard to blend. As others have mentioned, this product does separate so you have to shake HARD. I'm giving 2 lippies because it didn't irritate my eczema at all, or dry my skin out further. If I saw even the slightest results from this, I would have kept it!

The best eyeshadow primer ever, it does what it says and i dont have any complaints about it totally worth the money and i would repurchase this product again and again :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Nopes, thumbs down! This was a major n-go for me.

I purchased this because 1) I love Too Faced and 2) my beloved Urban Decay Primer is just too dang drying for daily use (FYI" this stuff is so powerful I swear I was gonna get premature eye wrinkles from the struggle it takes to remove it!). I was looking for something with a bit of UD's amazing staying power but sans that whole "gorilla glue" like hold that was/is a total pain in the @ss. So I had high hopes for this. Sigh...

This formulation, although goes on creamy and sort of matte/dry, turns way too sticky as the day goes on. After maybe 3-4 hrs I could actually feel my lids sticking when I blinked. While it did hold product in the sense of keeping it on, it didn't keep my shadows on nicely - if that makes sense. IE it stayed on the lid but it smudged. A few times I only used it with my Inglot colored gel liners but it couldn't even handle that - quite a bit of the liner color ended up in my crease. And when the color ends up in the crease, it happens really quick, its not an "end of day" thing, I noticed it within the first half hr easy. My lids aren't normally oily either, so that's not the issue. I am not sure why this doesn't work for me, but I have definitely tried better primers (and at a much better price point) than this!

My HG eyeshadow primer! Great product, no complaints. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the cute packaging and the price is quite good for an expensive brand like Too Faced. I find that you don't need to worry about the pale beige colour of this primer, since the primer sinks into your skin. The texture of this primer is somewhat like a silicone skin primer and is slightly sticky until you sweep eyeshadow over it. My eyeshadow stays all day and all night long with this, and I have oily hooded lids. I would definitely recommend.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the best eye primer for anyone with slightly oily lids. Had to switch from Urban Decay because that one stopped working but this one is definitely a never fail primer...it's easier to blend my eyeshadows, and also makes them last all day. I recommend making sure that the whole eye area is moisturized too. Once, I forgot to moisturize when my lids were having a dry day...yeah. Made the whole area look super dry and kind of crepey. It's a great look...if you want to look older. So as long as the eyelids aren't dried out like the Sahara desert, this is an HG product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great stuff! Really does make shadow last longer with no creasing, allows shadows to blend easily (unlike some other primers), and the packaging allows you to get every last bit out of the tube. BONUS: it also brightens the eye area. I often use this on it's own without shadow if I'm in a rush to even out any redness on my lids. I'm on my 3rd or 4th tube. Each tube lasts a long time, also. I don't run out quickly, and I use it everyday.

this is the best eye shadow primer ever !!!
it took me awhile to buy it and i was in a dilemma between urban decay and shadow insurance. apparently they were the same but i decided to try shadow insurance first instead due to price differences.
this product did exactly what it claimed to do.
my eyeshadow shades were much more luminous looking and long lasting as well.
it only creased slightly after like the whole day which is still amazing. i know for a fact it only creased because my eyelids are naturally super duper oily !! so for someone who has normal eyelids it will stay the whole day no doubt.
simple fun packaging.
pricey but worth your money :)
will defs repurchase.