Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've yet to find an eyeshadow primer that cooperates with my oily lids as well as this does. It blends really easily on the lids and ensures that my eyeshadow's lifespan will be extended to about 5-8hrs give or take. For some reason I find that this works best and is most effective when used in combination with Too Faced eyeshadows. But I only use TF palettes anyway, so it's not an issue. With regards to the product separating and producing oily residue, all it takes is giving the tube a little shake lol. What I do is hold it by the top and just shake it back and forth and the product goes back to being good as new. Will definitely be repurchasing this until I find something better.

I love this product! This was my second purchase of a primer specifically for eyes (a fairly ineffective Revlon product being the first) , and it's made a world of difference to the lifespan of my eye makeup. I either use my fingers or a concealer brush to apply the product - it is pretty much invisible once it dries. It makes a decent difference to the intensity of my eyeshadow and keeps everything in place for much longer than when I apply makeup straight onto bare skin.

I paid about $24 (from memory) from Beauty Bay - the tube has lasted ages and still has a lot of product left, so I would consider it to be good value for money. You only need a very small amount for good results.

Shadow insurance has been a game-changer for me - will continue to repurchase forever :)

on 2/12/2015 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this primer. I find that it works better if you pat it in, rather than rub it in. And a tiny bit goes a very long way. This keeps even my most dramatic Amy Winehouse-y looks on for at least 8 hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good eyeshadow primer but keep in mind it does not help to make colors stand out more, it is better than MAC Paints and Primer Potion at keeping eyeshadow ON for the longest but it is not the go-to for color intensifying properties that can come with Primer Potion. No creasing or color oxidization and eyeshadow stays on all day and all night, a super tiny amount goes a long way so it is incredible value.
It's definitely worth having for those natural eye looks that you need to stick around and you don't want to worry about slipping off after a long time. It's good for blending too, as a lot of primers can be tacky and difficult to blend with after they set. You could always apply your colors on top of a cream or NYX Jumbo Liner for more intense color.
I will be repurchasing because this is a very good thing to have. Beware of counterfeit Shadow Insurance items on eBay.

on 2/4/2015 9:55:00 PM

This eye primer was okay. Thankfully I only purchased a travel sized one because it is not that great. It works better than no primer or priming with a pale cream shadow, but does not stand the test of time for me. I need my makeup to last up to sixteen hours some days and when I use this about half my eyeshadow is left by the end of a long day. Sometimes the product separates a little in the tube and it will come out greasy. I will not be purchasing this again.

on 1/16/2015 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Too Faced can be hit or miss for me- this one is a miss. For some reason, my eyelids itch with this one and staying power is average at best. UD, MAC, and even ELF are better. Fine to use if it is included with another product but I would not repurchase.

on 1/11/2015 3:24:00 PM

This was my first Too faced product and I have to say I'm disappointed. I ordered it from Asos and I was really excited to try it out since this was my first eyelid primer that wasn't from a drugstore brand. When i open the package from asos the first thing I see is the little cute blue box and I really liked it. It's adorable! The packaging is unfortunately the only thing I liked about this product. The texture felt of grainy and uneven, it was hard to apply because of this. My eyeshadow didn't last all day and the primer didn't accentuate the eyeshadow.

I prefer Urban Decays eyeshadow primer, this one wasn't for me.

on 1/7/2015 10:57:00 PM

I could do with or without this product:
I didn't notice my makeup lasting any longer than usual. Though, the packaging is cute -- sort of Princess vibe.

on 1/3/2015 3:24:00 PM

I've used this for years. I really like it. My eyeshadow never creases and lasts all day.

The actual formula is awesome! My eyeshadow stays on much longer and is gorgeously vibrant. I am not a huge fan of the packaging and wish that there was an attached applicator, especially since it is quite expensive. Keep your eye out though; sephora often has this as a points perk!