Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

on 4/28/2013 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mineral foundation! I am 53 years old and constantly get compliments on my complexion. I have tried most of the top mineral foundations and liquid foundations, but aside from IT Celebration Foundation, I like this the best. I like It Celebration Foundation equally as well, but it is much more expensive, and I am all about quality on a budget. I read all these reviews and articles saying that women over 50 should wear liquid foundation, and if you were trying to wear a mineral foundation such as Bare Minerals, where it tends to cake, I would agree that might be a better choice, but Mary Kay is even coverage, flawless in it's look, and very easy to apply! I do a lot of Theater work, and use it on stage as well. (I just have to apply it a little heavier though). The price is very affordable, and it comes in a large container, so it lasts quite a long time! Thanks Mary Kay!

on 4/15/2013 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have always used liquid foundations until my sister turned me onto this mineral powder foundation. Since I have oily skin and grew up with severe acne I have a tendency to want to cover up a lot of my facial imperfections (blemishes, large pores, etc.). At first I used it as a powder over the liquid foundation, but found out recently it works great by itself and keeps my oily skin in check. I do tend to use a foundation primer only for the broad spectrum sunscreen, but I definitely recommend this product. What I recently discovered is that it is a build-able foundation and if you want more coverage you can apply more of the powder to get your desired effect. I am in love with the packaging because it really saves on how much powder you use at a time. Would definitely recommend this product!

on 4/3/2013 12:32:00 PM

I have this product in my collection and keep forgetting how much I love it. I use it with the MK concealer and it makes my skin look air-brushed and FLAWLESS. It is much lighter than BE and I find that it isn't as drying. I use Ivory 2, but Ivory 1 could work just as well. It does a nice job of masking pores without masking your skin, and no matter how many layers you put on it never looks cakey. It's just a beautiful powder foundation.

on 3/10/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this powder foundation. Has great coverage and color is wonderful. I have been using this for a few years now and feel it is just as good as Bare Minerals.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Ah, where to begin. Okay, packaging is nice, it's travel safe and I love the brush it comes with! Totally soft and it helps spread the product evenly. This mineral powder is not really a foundation, since it is not that pigmented and won't help conceal big imperfections on the face. However, it is nice for setting your liquid makeup (foundation, concealers), without being overpowering. It looks fresh and natural. I just wouldn't recommend it as a foundation itself. The best mineral foundation I have ever used is L'oreal's, I recommend it 100%. I have a lot of acne scarring and broken capilaries on my face and Lóreal's mineral foundation and concealer cover everything without effort, and without clogging up pores! I'll go back to them once I finish this MK failure.

on 2/5/2013 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I love this powder. I used to use Bare Minerals, but over time (and research), I discovered one of the ingredients (bismuth) made my face itch. There is no bismuth is the MK powder and the color is spot on and the coverage is just what I need (I have no scarring, large pores and some wrinkles). It lasts all day for me, when I wear over moisturizer.

on 2/3/2013 2:33:00 PM

What I like the most about this powder is that the lid of it has a mirror like finish, so you don't have to use a separate mirror to apply it if you are in a rush. Other than that, I do not really think there is anything noteworthy about this powder. I first started using a couple years ago, but now that I've shopped around more and seen what is on the market- I do not think this product is all that impressive. If anything it makes it look like I have fine lines (and I do not really- it is just the way the powder sticks) and it magnifies my pores. Cheap drugstore brands can do the same for less money.

on 1/22/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

If your looking for everyday and going out coverage that looks natural, then you've found the perfect foundation powder. This powder covers any and everything, blemishes, dark spots, and regardless of how much you put on it will still look natural. It's very light and makes your skin look baby smooth, instead of ghostly, i definitely recommend trying this product.

on 8/23/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hate this product! It seemed OK at first having never used any other mineral foundation to compare it to. Unknown to me it was severely clogging my pores. I've never struggled with acne before using this product. After using this for about a year my face is now covered with acne marks from the purging my skin is going through. It seemed like an inexpensive alternative to the pricier mineral foundations, but now I'm spending all kinds of money on facials and treatments to fix what this awful stuff did to my skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this mineral powder for two years now, and it's hands down my favorite! Most mineral powders will dry my skin out. I have extreme combination skin. This never has made me break out, and doesn't aggravate the dryness either. The coverage is a little light for a foundation, my TM has the same coverage as this. I like to layer this over a TM for a little more coverage, and still never have a cakey look. it blends so well with a brush and stays 8 hours for me without touch ups, which is hard to find with my oily skin. When my acne starts acting up all I need is a little concealer. My only real issue with it is that you NEED a primer. I'm 23, and at the end of the day my this will make me look 30 without primer.