October 25, 2014 | 1147 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Music4mdr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always used liquid foundations until my sister turned me onto this mineral powder foundation. Since I have oily skin and grew up with severe acne I have a tendency to want to cover up a lot of my facial imperfections (blemishes, large pores, etc.). At first I used it as a powder over the liquid foundation, but found out recently it works great by itself and keeps my oily skin in check. I do tend to use a foundation primer only for the broad spectrum sunscreen, but I definitely recommend this product. What I recently discovered is that it is a build-able foundation and if you want more coverage you can apply more of the powder to get your desired effect. I am in love with the packaging because it really saves on how much powder you use at a time. Would definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this product in my collection and keep forgetting how much I love it. I use it with the MK concealer and it makes my skin look air-brushed and FLAWLESS. It is much lighter than BE and I find that it isn't as drying. I use Ivory 2, but Ivory 1 could work just as well. It does a nice job of masking pores without masking your skin, and no matter how many layers you put on it never looks cakey. It's just a beautiful powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by DARBSI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder foundation. Has great coverage and color is wonderful. I have been using this for a few years now and feel it is just as good as Bare Minerals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Ah, where to begin. Okay, packaging is nice, it's travel safe and I love the brush it comes with! Totally soft and it helps spread the product evenly. This mineral powder is not really a foundation, since it is not that pigmented and won't help conceal big imperfections on the face. However, it is nice for setting your liquid makeup (foundation, concealers), without being overpowering. It looks fresh and natural. I just wouldn't recommend it as a foundation itself. The best mineral foundation I have ever used is L'oreal's, I recommend it 100%. I have a lot of acne scarring and broken capilaries on my face and Lóreal's mineral foundation and concealer cover everything without effort, and without clogging up pores! I'll go back to them once I finish this MK failure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by chrszal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I used to use Bare Minerals, but over time (and research), I discovered one of the ingredients (bismuth) made my face itch. There is no bismuth is the MK powder and the color is spot on and the coverage is just what I need (I have no scarring, large pores and some wrinkles). It lasts all day for me, when I wear over moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by alina08

What I like the most about this powder is that the lid of it has a mirror like finish, so you don't have to use a separate mirror to apply it if you are in a rush. Other than that, I do not really think there is anything noteworthy about this powder. I first started using a couple years ago, but now that I've shopped around more and seen what is on the market- I do not think this product is all that impressive. If anything it makes it look like I have fine lines (and I do not really- it is just the way the powder sticks) and it magnifies my pores. Cheap drugstore brands can do the same for less money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ziggymari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If your looking for everyday and going out coverage that looks natural, then you've found the perfect foundation powder. This powder covers any and everything, blemishes, dark spots, and regardless of how much you put on it will still look natural. It's very light and makes your skin look baby smooth, instead of ghostly, i definitely recommend trying this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by rsrph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hate this product! It seemed OK at first having never used any other mineral foundation to compare it to. Unknown to me it was severely clogging my pores. I've never struggled with acne before using this product. After using this for about a year my face is now covered with acne marks from the purging my skin is going through. It seemed like an inexpensive alternative to the pricier mineral foundations, but now I'm spending all kinds of money on facials and treatments to fix what this awful stuff did to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this mineral powder for two years now, and it's hands down my favorite! Most mineral powders will dry my skin out. I have extreme combination skin. This never has made me break out, and doesn't aggravate the dryness either. The coverage is a little light for a foundation, my TM has the same coverage as this. I like to layer this over a TM for a little more coverage, and still never have a cakey look. it blends so well with a brush and stays 8 hours for me without touch ups, which is hard to find with my oily skin. When my acne starts acting up all I need is a little concealer. My only real issue with it is that you NEED a primer. I'm 23, and at the end of the day my this will make me look 30 without primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by melimoe

I been using this foundation for a month now, this is the first mineral foundation i have tried, i have tried everything from Revlon colorstay to Makeup Forever. Now that being said, I love this foundation! I have pretty heavy acne scaring left behind by cystic acne, this foundation by its self doesnt cover much, but with my hard candy glamflouge concealer, its amazing!!, i need to prime my skin since I do have fairly oily skin and it wouldnt hold on. I have this on beige 1, now at first i thought it was too dark, since the makeup lady, applied this on me with a very VERY heavy hand, but when i got home and applied it more lightly it was a pretty good match
overall this foundation is great for those who have good skin and just need a light coverage, or for those who have a concealer and this is a way to set it!!, im not very crazy about the price either, i believe its more on the expensive side