October 25, 2014 | 1664 users online

Makeup Brushes - Prescriptives - Foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this brush in my Custom Foundation kit (along with a concealer brush) and I really, really love it! Previously I had been using the MAC 187 for liquid foundation, which I still love, but I also like using it for my NARS blushes, so I was thinking about buying another 187. The Px brush works so well that I don't need to. I put a little bit of my Custom foundation in my palm (I pour too much if I use the back of my hand) add a luminizer if I'm in the mood for it, and dip my brush in. The bristles don't soak up the liquid and I get a streak free, natural finish. I start off with a very light layer and then build more on the areas that need more coverage. This is a great brush and I would definitely repurchase when I need to, but I take good care of it so it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I used to use the MAC foundation brush but then I switched to powder foundation and threw it out. I switched back to liquid and needed a good brush, so I found this Px brush on eBay for a mere $12! I have since switched back to powder foundation, so I don't use this one anymore...but it was the best brush! I loved that it had a shorter handle and came with a plastic case for travel, so handy, and it kept foundation off my makeup bag. This brush was beyond awesome, I used it to apply liquid foundation and it never streaked or clumped, but gave a beautiful airbrushed finish. I used a tiny drop of foundation, swirled it onto a plastic "palette" and it worked great. I washed the brush about once every 2-3 weeks with brush cleanser or shampoo, and then laid it flat to dry. I loved this brush when I wore liquid foundation and if you can find one (I don't think Px is even around anymore), it's a great one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok...second verse...same as the first. I had a Japonesque foundation brush from ages ago. I remember when I bought it - I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. It still applied the foundation pretty decent but the bristles were not very giving or forgiving so I went on a search for a new foundation brush and saw how well this one was received so...I bought it.

Just looking it at - I see the suppleness and pliability of the bristles. The foundation does not cake into the hair of the bristle and it melts into the skin. I really like this brush and how it allows me to apply my foundations - from tinted moisturizer to foundation to silk creme - it works like a dream on all of them. I find that I do not have to "pat" the foundation on my skin - I can use long flowing strokes and not appear streaky.

Loving this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 4:19:00 AM More reviews by xxncgoddessxx

The best $30 I have ever spent. I started using foundation about a year and a half ago after my skin started breaking out, and while I found the perfect shade for my skin, I was still hesitant to wear foundation because it didn't look completely natural. All this time, I thought it was the formula I was using, but it turns out that it was how I was applying it. With a sponge, the oil-free matte foundation that promised to dry to a powder finish dried to ...a very noticeable powder finish. I recently decided to switch over to a brush, and lo-and-behold, it helps me blend the foundation in so well that I just basically look like an airbrushed version of myself. I love the soft bristles and the shape of the brush. It gets foundation in hard-to-reach places on my face without depositing too much color. It seems pretty well-made, so while I would buy it again, I hope that this won't have to happen for a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ameshi

I'm very happy with the quality of this brush especially with its size and the type of hair used.

Please read Kevin Shield's (MUA username - freelancer) review on how to care for the brush. It was very enlightening. Following his suggested regime, my brush looks brand new after every wash (every week or so)with abolsutely no sign of wear or tear.

I'd gladly buy this brush again, but have a feeling I won't be needing to for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 4:56:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had this for 5 years now and it looks as good as new! I have cleaned it rgulraly first i was using normal shampoo and now I clean with Cliniques brush cleanser.

I would recommend this to everyone as its much better than using a sponge and less messy than using your fingertips.

I think its going to last a long time but I would repurchase as its just been so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by EmmaJohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really great brush. I never would have realized the difference a foundation brush can make until I tried this one. It makes makeup look so much more professional, so much more clean. The brush is amazing quality. It hasn't lost one bristle and I think I've had it for about a year. It's easy to wash also. My only problem is that I wish the handle was plastic because I'm always worrying about damaging the wood while washing. The handle is wood and I wish it was plastic. Oh well. But overall it's a great brush and I will repurchase (if I ever need to)!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by australianoveranalyzer

Wonderful brush, ma kes your finish much more professional
than fingers. I'd never considered using a brush for foundation until the MA recommended it. Try it - you'll be amazed at the difference it makes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 3:29:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great foundation brush. Very soft and applies foundation evenly. After one year of use it is sill in very good condition. Worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ChameliAsh

This is the first and only foundation brush I've every used, like many other reviewers. I bought it around a year and a half ago when I bought Prescriptives foundation. It really does apply foundation more smoothly and evenly than your own fingers do, but I find fingers give a sheerer application because you can push the makeup around better. It's stiff enough to blend and soft enough to apply foundation without streaking. I've washed it countless times without it shedding or losing its shape (I wash my brushes with baby shampoo which is gentle, removes all makeup residue and rinses clean). Wonderful brush.